Slater vs Inglis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll stand corrected there Mauler. Well that just makes it even more conclusive.

I'd take Snake over either of them, because on top of being a great footballer, he's a champion bloke.

the mauler said:
simon64 said:
Slater is a great player but Inglis is even better. Breaking it down into facets......

Speed.......I think it's clear Slater wins this category.
Strength....Inglis for mine.
Versatility.....again Inglis. Can play fullback, wing, centre, five eighth...probably 13 as well if he had to.

You just get more nervous when Inglis gets the ball than Slater.

Inglis is quicker than Slater as well.

Slater has played Origin - and won MOM awards I think - as a winger, could play centre ( but Inglis is better there ) and 5/8 ( where he'd be a gun ) but doesn't have to because he's regarded as he world's best fullback.

As a complete 80 minute allround player, Billy wins, he's always and I mean always in the game.
He pushes the envelope more than any other player - whether we like it or not - and just for that alone he's in front of Inglis.

PS - The Storm made a decision a few years ago, out of the big 4 who to let go, now it's the big 3 and Inglis isn't one of them.

Seems Billy will take off the moon boot & the 2 clash tonight.
Easily the most anticipated game this weekend besides Seaeagles / Sharks just to see these blokes carve up.

MK Eagle said:
Seems Billy will take off the moon boot & the 2 clash tonight.
Easily the most anticipated game this weekend besides Seaeagles / Sharks just to see these blokes carve up.

I hope that both Storm & Rabbits bash the hell out of each other.

simon64 said:
I'll stand corrected there Mauler. Well that just makes it even more conclusive.

I'd take Snake over either of them, because on top of being a great footballer, he's a champion bloke.

I'm with you there Simon. Snake for me every day of the week.

Utility Player said:
Slater has the better kicking game.

Yeah, the only kicking game that he knows is the one that involves kicking people around the head area

Brookie4eva said:
My 2 cents, if Inglis was the better Fullback, why didn't he play that position when they were both in the same team. As much as I hate Slater, I have to admit he is a very good Fullback.

In the current era, Brett and Slater are way ahead of all others.

You lose nothing by putting Inglis in the centres, the same can't be done with Billy.

The only reason Inglis was moved from fullback was because of his versatility. He was clearly the better fullback of the two.

Billy has come a long way since then. Inglis' career has been held back because of this versatility, and now he has finally been put back where he belongs, I'm not sure Billy will hold his mantle as the world's best fullback for much longer.

Snake was right up there, before his injuries - physical (knees) and psychological (hatchet job done by the media) - held him back. Really tough injuries to come back from, but his explosive speed is slowly returning and he's getting up there in contention now too. His speed between the ears is the best of the fullbacks.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8