Smartest thing that club ever did.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People should go back in time and ask themselves "what do we expect a $10 million player to create/offer for the next 8yrs".

I think most here would say, "a competitive side most years with 1-2 premierships" neither has arrived yet.(regardless of the depth or quality of squad he has to work with because at that pay rate he should be making players around him better----like Cronk or Smith)
Umm..every team has roughly a million dollar player (or two or three) - so yeah 16 teams should be competitive most years and win 1-2 premierships.

LOL

I was there too and he had a lot of help from absolute champions like the 2 Stewart's, Lyon , Foran, Matai , Watmough, Ballin, Kite. I'm talking about now. To be an absolute elite champion he has to deliver this team a premiership through consistent week after week performances like today as players like Cleary, Munster, Hughes, Cronk, Thurston, Lockyer, Reynolds have done.
Mick mate, you shoot down your own argument.
What's the bloke supposed to do. Apart from the Turbo's who arguably cancell out the Stewart's look @ the match ups. Lyon & Metai Vs Parker & Harper. Forans 11 years older. Crocker tries hard but not in Ballins class and Kite was better than anything we have now. DCE's trying to steer a very leaky boat in comparison to 2011, and doing a great job.

its about the VIBE so i will start with GOOD MORNING

great kicking game from DCE. It is his asset and needs to bring it to the team on a consistent basis.
while he wont always have the wind, the kick mentality needs to be owned by him. Used the wind beautifully
the torpedo bombs hallelujah . i had a little tear in my eye,

Wonderful kicking again by DCE, BUT we dont need to ruin a perfectly good thread about last nights game by baiting people with the crazy DCE ROI theories a few times a season.

bloody tin foil hatters

Peace,

Of the ones Insomniac mentioned, may I humbly suggest that Gibbs could have been the greatest of all Manly halfbacks and one of the greatest in the game’s history, but for injury?

Anyone who say him play at his best will remember how the attack grew wings with him there - reminiscent of the impact that Tommy has when in full flight.
Couldn't agree more. He literally tore the opposition apart with his speed, winning 10/10 player ratings on more than one occasion. My favourite player as a kid.

Ricky as a former half with a great kicking game would have watched yesterday’s game from Dce with keen interest, but he would have been equally lamenting his own half back’s lack of talent. They haven’t had a good 7 for a long time in Canberra.

It is fair to say that DCE over the years has been at times a rocks and diamonds sort of player. For any player to have played as many games as he has says a lot about his durability. There is no better halfback in the game that can kick a clutch field goal as he does. There are however many halfbacks who game manage a lot better than he does.

To be fair on DCE when he signed that deal, the club was in a mess, 2015 and 2016 were really ordinary seasons for the club, 2017 the team made the finals then fell in a heap in 2018.

Since 2019, I think DCE has been more consistent and become a better player.

Whether he was worth that size of contract is debatable. I remember at the time in 2015 when he and Foran were there to be re-signed that it was a real fork in the road for the club. Foran wanted out and did so. DCE was also happy to take the coin from the GC and go. It really disrupted that season and our management of the day really had a tough time trying to retain these two players, our great team was ageing. Gifty left, Whatmough went to the Whingers, Killer, Snake and Skivvy were past their best and injury prone and at the end of the 15 season there was a big player purge for Barretts arrival as coach.

DCE being the highest paid player really struggled at times to lift his game and even at Origin level was well behind Cronk and co.

If Manly in the next few years can win a premiership it will be justified.

The truth is the money he is on is also making it harder for us to get in players that we really need. If we are going to challenge the top clubs we need a quality 9 to come in and control the ruck and we will eventually need to replace DCE.

It will be interesting to see what the club does in relation to DCE. The Dolphins are bound to come a calling requesting his services you would expect and I believe that DCE has maybe 3 years left at the elite level.

You cannot fault his commitment to Manly! He tries hard most weeks and when he is on he is a clutch matchwinner!

Ben hunt is on more than him

When you look at the market for half backs it seems fair value to
Me
You got proof of that ?? Because I don't think that is true. DCE is regularly referred to as the highest paid player in the NRL. Even if Hunt is on similar money then we all know he isn't locked into an 8 year deal. If he doesn't work out you have light at end of tunnel to get out and reset.

That DCE contract is the biggest mistake this club has made in the last decade. If you are paying someone for 8 years "best player in the comp money" then he should be at least one of the top 10 consistently best players in the comp.

Last edited:
I was a VERY happy chappy the Day he decided to not go to the Gold Coast, still am.

Maybe not the clubs smartest move, surely Nate Myles signing was that ...

Mick mate, you shoot down your own argument.
What's the bloke supposed to do. Apart from the Turbo's who arguably cancell out the Stewart's look @ the match ups. Lyon & Metai Vs Parker & Harper. Forans 11 years older. Crocker tries hard but not in Ballins class and Kite was better than anything we have now. DCE's trying to steer a very leaky boat in comparison to 2011, and doing a great job.
Exactly what I said. To justify the huge pay packet you have to be the best week after week and do things the rest of the players can't.
I'm glad your happy with 1 Prelim final appearance loss and only 2 finals wins in the last 8 years. There's been plenty of enough quality players around him to have done a lot better than that.

its about the VIBE so i will start with GOOD MORNING

great kicking game from DCE. It is his asset and needs to bring it to the team on a consistent basis.
while he wont always have the wind, the kick mentality needs to be owned by him. Used the wind beautifully
the torpedo bombs hallelujah . i had a little tear in my eye,

Wonderful kicking again by DCE, BUT we dont need to ruin a perfectly good thread about last nights game by baiting people with the crazy DCE ROI theories a few times a season.

bloody tin foil hatters

Peace,
Don't forget to register your vote in the MVP thread :)

I'm not going to have an opinion until @XV-1 gives us a list of everything DCE did wrong last night.

Ricky says offering DCE the contract to not go to the Titans was the best thing the Manly club ever did and Penn should put flowers on Fultons grave every week in thanks.

This is pretty clever use of hyperbole and deflection.

It's also worth pointing out that I've seen a few articles about this quote from Ricky, but no one in the media is talking about how ordinary the Raiders played yesterday...

DCE backflip can't be higher than #2. How many grand final wins has it led to so far anyway?

The #1 smartest thing club ever did was to sign Bob Fulton.

cus1621746445525.jpg

Finally DCE stopped trying to do it all himself and focussed on what he does best. Also he released the ball early and players like Turbo getting the ball in soace. Foran had a very good game. Morgan Harpe back to what he was producing mid season last year. Koula playing was important as his extra space puts pressure on the defence and his defence was solid. The first centre I would pick.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8