SMH: Lussick gone to eels 2013 next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the salary cap at work and that's a good thing. I'm glad he's not going to the dogs but I think it would have been the smarter option for him.

We can't keep them all I'm sure staying at manly would have been his number 1 option but the games a business now.

I'm told Shackleton is still hopeful on joining Manly next year despite the mid season transfer request being knocked back by kearney a month or so ago. He's resigned to being stuck in NSW cup this season, but they've kept talks open. Apparantly he's chasing a second tier, low $$ contract with incentives because he has a point to prove. which is probably all Manly can afford to spend just to have as a little depth with experience under the belt.

260k a year for darcy which is apparantly what parra's offer is. he may kick on, but i think we have enough other youngsters with potential and no inflated asking price without proving their worth to take that risk and use the money saved on re-signing the proven bigger names yet to extend.

It's a shame to lose a Manly junior but like many others I'm glad it's not to the dogs. He has already won his premiership with us so he may as well chase the coin......oh wait.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
I'm told Shackleton is still hopeful on joining Manly next year despite the mid season transfer request being knocked back by kearney a month or so ago. He's resigned to being stuck in NSW cup this season, but they've kept talks open. Apparantly he's chasing a second tier, low $$ contract with incentives because he has a point to prove. which is probably all Manly can afford to spend just to have as a little depth with experience under the belt.

260k a year for darcy which is apparantly what parra's offer is. he may kick on, but i think we have enough other youngsters with potential and no inflated asking price without proving their worth to take that risk and use the money saved on re-signing the proven bigger names yet to extend.

If anybody watched the NSW cup game on FOX yesterday between Wentworthville and Balmain, Shackleton was probably the best forward on the field, closely followed by Justin Horo who seems to be out of favour at the slime as well.

bones said:
If we had to lose one he would be my first choice.

Agreed. Hopefully they offered him a motza. T-Rex is the one I'm worried about now as I'm confident we can retain the rest.

So far we've lost no-one officially, despite all the speculation. Yet virtually every other club has already lost players with barely a murmur.
We are the Tall Poppy that every other club hopes to be.

Disco said:
Its a shame cause i think he would really kick on at Manly but at this stage i would be paying 270k.

You would be paying overs as the reported deal with the slime was $800k over 3 years.

eggson said:
Didn't he say he'd wait to see who we re-signed before making a decision? Was that either to see if we had cash left or he wanted to play with a team that lost big names like DCE and Foran?
Well if he goes he gets to play with ...?

Sandow in the NSW Cup.

Brookvale said:
I'm all for improvement and bettering yourself,

but Eels?? thats a demotion. best of luck to him.
Toovey is the man and Manly is the club for improvement and not Kearney and Parra and Lussick knows this. But money talks and Lussick walks .
Lussick is a good player and its sad tp see him leave but if it means we can hold on to the DESTRUCTIVE T Rex its all good . We cant keep them all.

If losing Lussick means we keep T-Rex, then I think the consensus is that it's a tolerable situation.

Inu has gone to the Dogs mid-season.
Playing for the Warriors didn't help his career. I'm sure DESpicable will improve him.

If we let Lussick go now and got Shackleton would that fee up any space in the cap? I guess it may not be worth doing as I don't think Lussick is on that much now.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2