Smith guilty of grapple tackle, out for season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
faaaarkin awesome. 

Now if only over here John McCain could get suspended for being an old douchebag who can't even use a computer I would be sh1tting through silk. 

Dan link said:
They prepare one for either eventuality or at leas the framework of the article (because it is at night) they then bulk out the correct one and post it, this time, it seems both were posted

That would be it. Some ****kicker in the website department is getting a clip over the ear. But it's definitely a news ltd 'freudian slip'

Ian Martin tragic link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178522.msg198182#msg198182 date=1222294575]

They prepare one for either eventuality or at leas the framework of the article (because it is at night) they then bulk out the correct one and post it, this time, it seems both were posted

That would be it. Some S**tkicker in the website department is getting a clip over the ear. But it's definitely a news ltd 'freudian slip'

[/quote]

It's either that or some smart ass decided to post it

Geez less than 20 minutes to find the grub guilty - must've been a hell of a defence.

"Umm I didn't do it. It's not my go. No, wait, don't look at every other tackle I've made in the last five years. Just trust me."

;D

I was absolutely stoked to get this news last night. There really was no other way it could have gone though. Would have been a green light for grapples.

Now we just have to get past the Warriors.

Dan link said:
I am sure willstyles will clear this up or anyone else who has worked on the newswire pumping out articles.

Bingo. There were only ever going to be two outcomes to the hearing, and the stories are pretty clear cut so Ritchie would've written the structure of each story and just waited to chuck in Cam Smith/Brian Waldron's quotes from the post-hearing interviews....

You almost feel sorry for the poor soul who was working the lateshift on the website...probably had a big one the night before.....drowsy eyes.....click the wrong button.......quite funny though.

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178522.msg198182#msg198182 date=1222294575]
I am sure willstyles will clear this up or anyone else who has worked on the newswire pumping out articles.

Bingo. There were only ever going to be two outcomes to the hearing, and the stories are pretty clear cut so Ritchie would've written the structure of each story and just waited to chuck in Cam Smith/Brian Waldron's quotes from the post-hearing interviews....

You almost feel sorry for the poor soul who was working the lateshift on the website...probably had a big one the night before.....drowsy eyes.....click the wrong button.......quite funny though.
[/quote]

Yeah the poor bugger will probably get **** canned for it, but will still be a good story for his mate, most likely a student on nix anyway.

I saw a girl for a few months 2 years ago who use to work posting the stories on news.com.au I think and she said it was boring and damn easy to make a mistake

Canteen Worker link said:
That is fascinating or has that been readied for the subsequent appeal and let off when Melbourne suddenly discover 'new evidence' and get him on some sort of technicality. I am not sure it is over yet.
I'm with CW.  If Storm win, expect the appeal to let him play the GF.  Technically, the tackle is not a grapple, and its not wrestling, its Jiu Jitsu, and assessed by a martial arts expert as very dangerous and rehearsed.

---------------------------
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/smith-guilty-in-court-of-jiu-jitsu/1282619.aspx

Smith guilty in court of Jiu Jitsu
ANDREW STEVENSON
25/09/2008 12:04:53 PM

The NRL judiciary's decision to suspend Melbourne Storm captain Cam Smith for two matches for his grapple tackle on Brisbane forward Sam Thaiday has been endorsed by martial arts expert.

Simon Crook, recently retired second dan black belt and instructor with The Jitsu Foundation, condemned Smith's manoeuvre as very dangerous and rehearsed.

"He is initially holding him in a very dangerous headlock (Gyaku Waki Kubi Garami - Reverse armpit neck entanglement)," Crook explained.

"He then swaps arms and throws himself intentionally [known as 'sacrificing his posture') to throw the guy with the ball [Thaiday] in a technical throw known as Uranage or back throw, again a very dangerous technique.

"This appears to be both an intentional and rehearsed manoeuvre in collaboration with his teammates."

Not only do the techniques used look like Jiu Jitsu, Crook goes even further to suggest their origins appear to be from a Japanese (rather than Brazilian) Jiu Jitsu expert.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7