So....Forward Targets 2016??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is worth a try
Jorge is making 10-20m 1st ruck after we receive a kick. He has been damaging over the last 3 weeks. No way you give that up. Plus shoulders jr now has opposition right wingers taking the field with the same nervous skid mark as his inside centre. Our left edge is deadly. Just need a committed 5/8. Also need to turf z red and bring Dennis back in who has made 40-50 tackles and a 100m in last few games. Hiku is not a centre zero passes to turbo last week plenty of crab hog action though. Gutho to right centre hiku reserve if we lose a back he fills it next week.

Could Taufua handle a move to the forwards to make room for Tom and Gutho?
I think with a role off the bench to ease him into the forwards is well worth a look mate.
Has the key attributes in attack - strong, fast, evasive & usually wins that quick play the ball - so often missing in recent times.
Defence would be the only issue - but as we know - he can hit & likes the contact - just that extra workrate which would take some time.....but great idea, as the most aggressive players we have are both Matai & Taufua - in that order.
Have always thought shoulders Matai would make a great intimidating backrower but unfortunately, with the amount of bruising contacts he thrives on - his career would be over

Jorge makes great run metres on the first or second hit up granted. But he is terrible under a high ball. He has had a couple of years now and keeping his eyes on the ball in the air rarely happens. Back row or Centre both make a lot of sense.

Just seen the very impressive youtube video of a forward that we should target.

Playing for the eels next year. Hasson I beleive his name is.

A real goer according to his youtube video

i don't care who we target, as long as jake t. continues to get plenty of game time.
as long as there is someone to take him under their wing(myles maybe) in a similar way to what b.k. did for dropmough & stewart would be nice.

Jorge makes great run metres on the first or second hit up granted. But he is terrible under a high ball. He has had a couple of years now and keeping his eyes on the ball in the air rarely happens. Back row or Centre both make a lot of sense.
He has improved a lot under the high ball since coming back from shoulder surgery . He is a strong runner and defender and would be capable of playing in the back row but he must be happy to play there him self in order for him to excel

Just seen the very impressive youtube video of a forward that we should target.

Playing for the eels next year. Hasson I beleive his name is.

A real goer according to his youtube video
He's a seriously good goal kicker btw

What is the saying? You don't weaken a strength to strengthen a weakness.
True saying but is Taufua's strength on the wing.
I grant you he can score close range tries few can with power & leg drive & also good returns & carries in busy areas but ......ball in the air, defensive reads out wide, positional play out wide.
As a winger has positives & negatives.
Defending more centrally may actually help as he likes the contact & he does not have to adjust as much as a winger with defenders working inside & outside him, plus will belt the opposition in that ruck area maybe even taking time away from the halves.
In attack I would back him to make 120 metres plus a game & be a threat on the edges all day with his explosive leg drive.
Fact is as mentioned , would take time to adjust - but could he handle it as an impact backrower - imo yes.

I don't think it is attack that you need to ask the question but defence.

Can Tafua make 30 tackles a game?

I don't think it is attack that you need to ask the question but defence.

Can Tafua make 30 tackles a game?
ATM - not a snowballs chance in hell Fluffy - would be more relied on as a Taumoulolo/She Rex 10 - 15 tackles - more dynamic than reliable.....paving the way to break a game open with his ball running contribution, really only hypothetical in the sense - doubt it will happen...but good to talk options & opinions.

Another important thing to realise is - these players who make 40 - 50 tackles every week like Ballin, Dallas Johnson & back in the day Steve Sharp are targetted by the opposition....not as weak defenders but to bend the line & win the play the ball.
The big men will run at these guys all day.
Anyone who thinks a player hurtling into the defence wont head at Ballin before a Sonny Bill type is not with the programme, no offence to Matty who tackles like a terrier but theres a reason some of these less intimidating players with massive motors top the tackle count week after week.

Myles, Brown, Lussick and Koirisau you would imagine the signings stop there. Knight and Demetriou will probably join the top 25 with one or two other depth signings.

Agree. I believe the signing of Lewis Brown means that Moa will be heading to the Mountains.

Agree. I believe the signing of Lewis Brown means that Moa will be heading to the Mountains.
Think Idris will also need to go as well. Panthers will be spending their cap ensuring up and coming talent is not poached.
Lifestyle wise Manly is a lot more similar to the eastern suburbs than the mountains. Apparently when Moa was looking to come back from the EPL his first choice was Manly however at the time we knocked him back. Not sure how this will affect our changes.

Love us to sign Alex Glenn I think we have enough props (Myles, Trbojevic, Lawerence, JSL resign Sao) and trade like back rowers (Burher, Leary, Brown, Symonds, resign Lui). We need a good hole running back rower. Horo and Symonds at there best can fulfil this need but they aren't consistent enough with it. Glenn is a proven, consistent tough, performer and off contract.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6