So much for dubbo. Racist riot in Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the biggest change is the over the top displays of being Australian that I never saw before. I am talking about hats, caps, t-shirts, fake and real tattoos, flags stuck in hats and everywhere else, huge flags draped around the shoulders. I don't want to offend anyone who dresses like that, but being Aussie used to mean being relaxed and getting on with everyone out for a good day. Today it isn't enough to have a celebration - you have to shove your love of this country down everyone's throats. That can only lead to a divisive nature of the event. That brand of nationalism is rife in the US and I would prefer if it wasn't here.

Despite my having a go at the failures of various governments the reality is we are citizens of planet Earth and have the greatest fortune to be born or live in what is seriously one the best places away from war and strife. Travel a bit and you will easily know what I mean.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Gruggy link=topic=179074.msg205836#msg205836 date=1233037686]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179074.msg205829#msg205829 date=1233033821]
I reckon if you were to compare the over-the-top Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi coverage of the Beijing Olympics

I went to several events there, mind you none of the "big ones" (Swimming,Athletics etc) and heard nothing. Mind you the Chinese loved it when I was draped in the flag, headband and after a million Tsing Tao's got up and started a rant - Mainly a drunken slur at how sh*t Graham Arnold is.

[/quote]  I'm talking about the TV coverage from Channel 7 back here.
[/quote]

Must have been douchebag Kossie yelling into the sound guy's mic.

tookey link said:
The pubs should close at 1.00 am and then the pissheads who want to continue on should be sent by taxi bus to the cross like the old days. 

They dont shut the bars at 1:00 AM, they just shut the entrance

ManlyBacker link said:
I think the biggest change is the over the top displays of being Australian that I never saw before. I am talking about hats, caps, t-shirts, fake and real tattoos, flags stuck in hats and everywhere else, huge flags draped around the shoulders. I don't want to offend anyone who dresses like that, but being Aussie used to mean being relaxed and getting on with everyone out for a good day. Today it isn't enough to have a celebration - you have to shove your love of this country down everyone's throats. That can only lead to a divisive nature of the event. That brand of nationalism is rife in the US and I would prefer if it wasn't here.
  Precisely my earlier point about commercial media.  They are actively encouraging this behaviour. 

They encourage it until they can get more mileage bleating about it.

Case in Point, Paul Kent in todays Tele

Dan link said:
racism is alive and well, but S**t like this is nothing new in Manly.

It has to be one of the worst places in sydney to go out. In fact I pretty much flat refuse to go out there, at least when I lived there. I have a smart mouth but am not an aggressive or confrontational man, in fact in most places I go out I usually make a few new friends. Manly s one place I don't bother. I know a lot of people when I do go out and run into them there, but I just try not to bother, since 9 times out of 10 someone I know ends up getting in a dust up.

The place is, lets face it. A S**t hole!

I have to agree with Dan's comments. Dreadful place to go out at night. A mate of mine is a Police officer in Manly and he refers to it as ground zero. I went to school at Christian Bros Manly and have always lived in either Manly or Elanora Heights and much prefer the local vibe at Narrabeen or Collaroy then Manly.

Greetings from Koh Samui . The weather is here , wish you were great. I wore my Premiers T shirt yesterday walking around Lamai Beach and received a few favourable comments.

Shirts seen in the main street at one of those dodgy gar gin basement places that are all going to the wall:

T-shirts with the Australian flag with the underlining title of 'if you don't like it, leave' and "We eat meat, we drink beer and we F&^*ing speak English!"

What element does that cater to?

ManlyBacker link said:

You can thank Howard for that.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179074.msg205861#msg205861 date=1233096574]

You can thank Howard for that.
[/quote]

Howard is not to blame for the rise in nationalism. 

Blame the NSW labor government who allowed throusands of scum lebanese (there are also good ones who came to Australia honestly) to migrate to Australia on the basis that they would vote for the labor government and be included in branch stacking. 

It was the lebanese who had been harrassing people at Cronulla beach for years that caused the cronulla riots.  Look at the way the responded the following night.  We have never had that occur in Australia like that.

Look at the skaf brothers and their rapes as well as the people who have been bashed at train stations by gangs of lebanese kids. 

Drug dealing in Cabramatta by vietnamese gangs, the killing of a cops husband in chinatown by chinese thugs, the killing of John Neuman by Phong No.  How many times do you hear on the news that a serious crime has been caused by peope of middle eastern or pacific islander appearance?

There in lies your answer as to why people, now dress in Australian flags as they are sick and tired of violence and crime being committed by people from ethnic groups.  It is also the NSW labor government who have gone soft on crime over the past 13 years not Howard.

Only a fool would have taken anything Hanson said seriously.  Ignore her and she would go away which she did. 

Anyway she is a ranger so she had an excuse.

I tell ya, it's women that are the real trouble with this world!

Is it just me or has anyone else missed the halo hanging above the head of every Anglo-Saxon in Australian?

To pinpoint migration as the blame for drunken idiots assaulting bystanders is too hard to fathom.

I'm not downplaying the influence of some bad eggs from various ethnic groups, but you can't blame the actions of one group entirely on that of another. It's no different to trying to justify the holocaust.

There's no doubt that those in the bad from Middle Eastern, Asian and Caucasian backgrounds need a kick up the backside and a reminder of what is appropriate and lawful behaviour in Australia. The "Aussie" kids need to realise that acting in a manner than many expect to come from your cliche Lebanese gang, makes them no better, no more "Australian" or no more in the right than those they're telling to "F*ck off, we're full".

Committing violence against random, innocent bystanders whilst draped in the Australian flag is a disgrace and huge disrespect to the flag, those who fought and stand under it.

clontaago link said:
Cant live with em......

Bloody hell I just realised i only have 3 months before sentencing.

I will never ever forget something that someone once told you mate :)

A classic saying that I wont repeat here, but something about women being the real......such and such of this world

tookey link said:
Howard is not to blame for the rise in nationalism. 

Blame the NSW labor government who allowed throusands of scum lebanese (there are also good ones who came to Australia honestly) to migrate to Australia on the basis that they would vote for the labor government and be included in branch stacking. 

It was the lebanese who had been harrassing people at Cronulla beach for years that caused the cronulla riots.  Look at the way the responded the following night.  We have never had that occur in Australia like that.

Look at the skaf brothers and their rapes as well as the people who have been bashed at train stations by gangs of lebanese kids. 

Drug dealing in Cabramatta by vietnamese gangs, the killing of a cops husband in chinatown by chinese thugs, the killing of John Neuman by Phong No.  How many times do you hear on the news that a serious crime has been caused by peope of middle eastern or pacific islander appearance?

There in lies your answer as to why people, now dress in Australian flags as they are sick and tired of violence and crime being committed by people from ethnic groups.  It is also the NSW labor government who have gone soft on crime over the past 13 years not Howard.

LOL. Little Johnny got you hook, line and sinker, gaffed, and in the boat on ice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6