Soft underbelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
. Jake and Croker are real warriors. Other forwards were generally good except Waddell.
Croker is a Warrior but he is also a Worry as he has proven to be a one dimensional defensive player that offers no Proficiency in our Pack

Proficiency meaning ... a high degree of skill; expertise.

Croker is a Warrior but he is also a Worry as he has proven to be a one dimensional defensive player that offers no Proficiency in our Pack

Proficiency meaning ... a high degree of skill; expertise.
Is Ennis doing much then

Is Ennis doing much then
Ennis was a Great Player and So Was Wally Lewis .Wally was not a successful coach .
Croker is a great defensive player and that is as far as he is as being great

The moral of the story
Not every one is good at everything

I've been trying not to add input here, until I got off my emotional meltdown (sorry @NREagle ), so that I could respond with a little more balance. I think @maxta , as usual, is spot on (so why not this thread to share?). Anyways here are my thought's:

Andrew Voss. I cannot for one more second of my life tolerate listening to this pretender death-ride Manly in games. He is an abomination of a commentator, the rest not being far off. Anyone experience channel 9? What's that is like? Any better?

Next, to be fair, I've seen a whole lot of death riding in the past 24 hours, and vitriol thrown around at our players. Guys, we are top 4, so let's have a LITTLE perspective here. As recently as last week, we were world beaters, top 4, and contenders. And this is coming from me ! Bahahaha.

I do think we missed Haumole in both attack and defense. He shuts down a lot. Thankfully, he'll be back soon. I'd also like us to look at bringing in some mobility into that backrow. Not brute power, I'm talking pace, explosive footwork, but more importantly, less of the bigger sized (power types), and more Liam Martin / Victor Radley types, who can keep motoring for a full 80 minutes.

And therein lays our problem in my view. Too many of the same types of forwards. Same as what NRL on Fox were saying about Parra, and what I was saying all off season. They WILL be magnificent for 40 - 60 minutes, but they aren't build for endurance, they are built for power (if that makes sense) in bursts. They will get tired, and we'll fade, and teams will roll over us.

And to be clear - this isn't a player problem, it's a recruitment problem. You can't turn an apple into an orange, no matter how many times you demand it to (unless it's a cross-dressing apple). And speaking of cross dressing:

A little birdie told me @Dan was at the game last night???? Where was my call brother? What have I done wrong? You been speaking to @The Wheel, and he's convinced you to ignore me as well, like he is? **** dude.

Lastly, a huge apologies to @NREagle publicly, that meltdown and me screaming was a little (okay, maybe a LOT) over the top. I love you very much babe, I hope you know that :inlove:

I've been trying not to add input here, until I got off my emotional meltdown (sorry @NREagle ), so that I could respond with a little more balance. I think @maxta , as usual, is spot on (so why not this thread to share?). Anyways here are my thought's:

Andrew Voss. I cannot for one more second of my life tolerate listening to this pretender death-ride Manly in games. He is an abomination of a commentator, the rest not being far off. Anyone experience channel 9? What's that is like? Any better?

Next, to be fair, I've seen a whole lot of death riding in the past 24 hours, and vitriol thrown around at our players. Guys, we are top 4, so let's have a LITTLE perspective here. As recently as last week, we were world beaters, top 4, and contenders. And this is coming from me ! Bahahaha.

I do think we missed Haumole in both attack and defense. He shuts down a lot. Thankfully, he'll be back soon. I'd also like us to look at bringing in some mobility into that backrow. Not brute power, I'm talking pace, explosive footwork, but more importantly, less of the bigger sized (power types), and more Liam Martin / Victor Radley types, who can keep motoring for a full 80 minutes.

And therein lays our problem in my view. Too many of the same types of forwards. Same as what NRL on Fox were saying about Parra, and what I was saying all off season. They WILL be magnificent for 40 - 60 minutes, but they aren't build for endurance, they are built for power (if that makes sense) in bursts. They will get tired, and we'll fade, and teams will roll over us.

And to be clear - this isn't a player problem, it's a recruitment problem. You can't turn an apple into an orange, no matter how many times you demand it to (unless it's a cross-dressing apple). And speaking of cross dressing:

A little birdie told me @Dan was at the game last night???? Where was my call brother? What have I done wrong? You been speaking to @The Wheel, and he's convinced you to ignore me as well, like he is? **** dude.

Lastly, a huge apologies to @NREagle publicly, that meltdown and me screaming was a little (okay, maybe a LOT) over the top. I love you very much babe, I hope you know that :inlove:
Date nights are always an adventure with you @Ryan especially when Manly is involved. Hahaha.

That was a much more balanced, considered response today. And I kinda agree with all you're saying.

Plus, you know Haumole is my favourite player so I'm absolutely biased when I say we missed his input last night.

Channel 9.....at least they had some focus on Manly when we played the eels last week. Fox forgot about our team completely. But either network seems to have commentators that want our opposition to win.

I'd add, we needed better game management last night. Not just from DCE, but from Brooks too (and he's another of my favs).

Apology accepted (and not needed). I love you too, Ry.

DCE didn’t manage the game tonight with a 24-6 lead, that’s an area where he needs to get better,

He's 35 years old with 350+ games for Manly, Queensland and Australia, current captain of two of those teams...

For better or worse, the things that he has been doing for all of that time has got him to where he is now... so I don't think anything is going to change.

Not just Voss. His Polynesian eunuch colleague was in on it too.

Meanwhile, back in the studio Vonny and her offsiders were giving it a red hot go, especially that Englander coont (you know what it is) all night.

If only the commentators were the worst of our issues. Given the avalanche of ball and opportunity manly had (and squandered) the fact Canberra were even a chance was impressive. The only right they had to win was handed to them by us. I don’t blame the commentators being enthusiastic for a raiders win, it was brave, gritty and against the odds. Part of me was hoping this most recent humiliation serves to teach manly a much needed lesson. Time will tell

If only the commentators were the worst of our issues. Given the avalanche of ball and opportunity manly had (and squandered) the fact Canberra were even a chance was impressive. The only right they had to win was handed to them by us. I don’t blame the commentators being enthusiastic for a raiders win, it was brave, gritty and against the odds. Part of me was hoping this most recent humiliation serves to teach manly a much needed lesson. Time will tell
I hoped the same after the dragons loss but we’re unfortunately back here again… hoped to be proven wrong

Paseka best year so far. Backrowers hardly touch the ball until we spread.
Jake- love him but no go forward and too many infringements. Got the team and skill to compete but 3 hit ups and a sweep play for tom or cherry is rubbish. Been shut down on edges too easy..losing to dragons and Canberra is emough evidence let alone falling over the line to titans and parra.Tom non existent. Game plan is braindead.
Been the same structure for 10 years.

Not sure it is a "soft underbelly" that is our problem. The main cause imo is that the individuals in the team seem to play to the standard of the opposition rather play to a standard. Subtle but massive difference. Penrith and Melbourne for example play to a level standard each week irrespective of who is in front of them. Until Seibold sets that minimum standard for each individual (mentally and commitment wise) and hence collectively as a team, then this issue will continue against weaker sides. Yes individual mistakes lost us the game last night but I thought our middle forwards just turned up to pick up their pay cheques. They did not turn up to bury their opposition. I thought they lacked any intensity with their runs and they allowed Canberra boys back into the game. Lodge and Brown were MIA and Sipley simply should not have been out there and looked really unfit. Paseka was ok but did not rise to any occasion while Aloiai seemed to go down with the ball almost instantly as he was tackled. Having said that, I also thought DCE and Turbo had really poor games.

The only good news from last nights game is that our defence out wide seemed to be much better. The other piece of good news is that irrespective of the result, I think we will likely beat most of the Top 4-8 teams. It 's the bottom 8 teams that will worry us. Seibold needs to clearly establish those standards of play expected for EACH and EVERY individual in the team.....for every game.
Aloiai seemed to go down with the ball almost instantly???? What games have you been watching? Aloiai was once again one of our better forwards!!!! Specsavers?

Aloiai seemed to go down with the ball almost instantly???? What games have you been watching? Aloiai was once again one of our better forwards!!!! Specsavers?
Totally agree, Aloiai played ordinary and some games he can look pumped, others he doesn't want to get dirty before dinner.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11