Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
You know

I wouldn't want to sign with our club at the moment , we are a basket case and the rest of the NRL are loving it.

I have said this before and will keep saying it until Penn's, Joe kelly, Bozo and Zorba leave or are no longer associated with having control of this club we will never be a premiership force again, just to many self driven political agendas at play and it is just plain disgusting to see them destroying our club.

You know

I wouldn't want to sign with our club at the moment , we are a basket case and the rest of the NRL are loving it.

I have said this before and will keep saying it until Penn's, Joe kelly, Bozo and Zorba leave or are no longer associated with having control of this club we will never be a premiership force again, just to many self driven political agendas at play and it is just plain disgusting to see them destroying our club.

Based on that a decade or more right at the bottom, Bob Fulton is 68 so surely he's good for another 10 years, and ZtH is only a year older so we'll have both until at least 2025.

And unlikely Mr Fluffy will run out of money!!

Oh happy days!!

PS: I don't actually subscribe to this theory but I do agree we are in for a few more Kwan years before we come good again.

So how do they sign Mead and then extend Gillet? I know, I know they have endless bags of cash, just like the scum storm who also managed to resign a plethora of their players, just recently. (Clearly we do not have a level playing field and TPA's need to be managed in some way. Maybe cap all TPA's except for three players in each team??)

Anyway obviously donkeys did not wait for the 2018 cap to be advertised. I would think it good business to try and sign your talent now and then if the cap increases well that means you have more money to play with.

Anyway we are officially a basket case. And I am sick of the excuses and bull****, we have not even managed to resign Tom and Jake our future as yet. But we can manage to organise complete and utter rubbish signings....!

Just a question, if all the cap is not spent does left over money go to the owners or do the NRL keep it?

So how do they sign Mead and then extend Gillet? I know, I know they have endless bags of cash, just like the scum storm who also managed to resign a plethora of their players, just recently. (Clearly we do not have a level playing field and TPA's need to be managed in some way. Maybe cap all TPA's except for three players in each team??)

Anyway obviously donkeys did not wait for the 2018 cap to be advertised. I would think it good business to try and sign your talent now and then if the cap increases well that means you have more money to play with.

Anyway we are officially a basket case. And I am sick of the excuses and bull****, we have not even managed to resign Tom and Jake our future as yet. But we can manage to organise complete and utter rubbish signings....!

Just a question, if all the cap is not spent does left over money go to the owners or do the NRL keep it?
Argh **** the sky is falling because we haven't resigned some smart kids who aren't off contract for another year!!! Settle down maybe...

Ahhhhh crap it all! Pffft... the best a man can get my ass.....I hope he gets razor burn.

The owners

We should re merge with Norths ... Otherwise we will become the Wynnum Manly Sea Eagles. I can see it now!

Not sure why so many people are upset about this non signing.He was NEVER leaving Broncos.The rumours were started by half witted journos who added 1 and 1 together and got 3.He would of taken up too much space in the cap meaning other areas of the team,like outside backs,would be filled by the Wrights and Williame.

According to someone in the know on another forum we offered Mead $200 k a year and the Broncos offered $100 k.. He ended up there. Smells fishy.

It's almost like people on here want negative stuff to happen to manly....
Quick quick. Something negative I can say. I wanna be first to bag the team on Silvertails.

Gillette was never going to leave. Simple.

Solomona we missed. Big deal. Kids big.... and unproven.
We signed Sean Lane to offset. At least he's got 5 tries in 14 games to his name.

Geez people. Settle down....
Considering how little some seem to "support" the club, I wonder why they don't just turn their attention to more positive pursuits. Plenty of other things that can fill your day in place of being mired in negativity. Kind of ****ty way to live...

Someone please direct me to the club that signs every single player they are linked to so I can support them instead and end my two years of suffering as a Manly fan @:cry:

It is not just about Gillett, it is a culmination of things.

If you want to see our club fail time and time again and celebrate a signing of a reserve grade reject and be happy with that, then we are definitely not going to agree on much if at all anything.

I am a very passionate Manly supporter and I love my club and want to see us succeed.

Maybe some of us can agree that we disagree on things.

I feel we are not progressing successfully at present and I sincerely hope that things turn around for us, but I am not confident that they will in the next 12 months at least anyway.

Maybe we will get a premiership in 2027 but at the moment we are just making up the numbers.

Last edited:
So what happens now? Every good target has a club for 2017. Will we do another Marty and pressure another club to let go of a star with a year still to go on their contract?

So what happens now? Every good target has a club for 2017. Will we do another Marty and pressure another club to let go of a star with a year still to go on their contract?

I think we will get Green from the Storm, a fair signing in an area we are deficient.

Not sure they'll waste money on luring a big name for 2017 when most are off contract in 2018, they would've hoping for a slightly better 2017 with what we have but going hard for 2018.

I might be wrong but be very surprised to see any big names join us now for 2017.

According to someone in the know on another forum we offered Mead $200 k a year and the Broncos offered $100 k.. He ended up there. Smells fishy.
Why does it smell fishy?He's played his whole NRL career out of QLD.By signing with Broncos he doesn't have to up root the family to live in a more expensive city.$100000 less(rumour)to not have to move out and play for a team that's more likely to be challenging for the title next yr than the other club offering,seems of smart family move.Saying,or suggesting as you are,a club is cheating the salary cap is a very boring argument from fans.

It is not just about Gillet, it is a culmination of things.

If you want to see our club fail time and time again and celebrate a signing of a reserve grade reject and be happy with that, then we are definitely not going to agree on much if at all anything.

I am a very passionate Manly supporter and I love my club and want to see us succeed.

Maybe some of us can agree that we disagree on things.

I feel we are not progressing successfully at present and I sincerely hope that things turn around for us, but I am not confident that they will in the next 12 months at least anyway.

Maybe we will get a premiership in 2027 but at the moment we are just making up the numbers.
Every year 15 teams do. Some just make up the numbers better than others.

I can appreciate your comment and yes, we can agree to disagree on matters which is the way it should be, but there are some on here who can take the most positive announcement and spin it negatively.

As a club, Manly has gone through a hell of a lot of change over the last 3 years really, and change generally creates a big mess when you're in the middle of it, but then you start coming out the other side and momentum builds and then it's like you never went through the **** to begin with. Except for the fact that struggling for a while makes it sweeter when you get to the top.

Would 2008 have been as good without the build up from the Northern Eagles, and the 2007 GF?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12