Some good Manly insights coming next season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mkultra

I was just listening to one of my fav NRL podcasts - https://twitter.com/fifthnlast - and one of the brothers who hosts it, Brock Shepperd is moving into a full-time coaching role at Manly/Blacktown next year.

He was an assistant at Blacktown this year and had some great Manly reserve grade insights this year and I imagine they will be even better next year now he is becoming a full-time coach.

Have a listen to the first 10 mins of the latest Season Awards pod for more details.

I love how he mentioned that his job will to be making Seib's job more difficult by making sure our reserve graders are ready and pushing for spots in the NRL side. I think this appointment will be a good one on the field and give us fans some good back-channel information off the field.

Here is some of his analysis after game 2 of SOO - Coach's Corner: How Brad Fittler can adjust Blueprint to turn tables on Maroons in Origin 2 - seems like a great thinker of the game.

Brock is a mate of mine and he has a great footy brain and if anyone can make Seibs life more difficult in a good way, he canm he is the man. I worked with Brock at Penrith Harold Matts a few years ago and a couple of years with him at Penrith Brothers, and like I said, he has a good footy brain

'A few blokes have been promoted. and Ill move up to Cup stuff'
'Hales takes Flanagan's role with help from Ennis.'

Reading between the lines, I reckon key word if FEW blokes have moved up in the coaching ranks, Boulous has probably moved up to an Assistant Coach of Manly moving into Hales old job, given Hales has moved sideways.

I actually think good move.

Brock should do well in charge at Blacktown.

Boulous seemed to kick goals this year with Blacktown, with good help from NRL at last, it must be said.

I like Brock's mindset that his job is to develop talent. Listening to Brock talk about his joy of Mattison getting his debut this year, It was an absolute highlight of the year.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great guy and thinker. Good to receive some good news about great staff around the club. It can only help.

All good things happening. But, are we still short of some NRL experience?? Apart from Ennis - 2 days a week, who else is there for 2024.

All good things happening. But, are we still short of some NRL experience?? Apart from Ennis - 2 days a week, who else is there for 2024.
Dymock is still with us, along with Hales and assume snake 🐍 will be there as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8