Some more good news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
The deal with the bulldogs is the full box and dice.They are buying our entire coaching team/structure.tHE LOT.From their point of view it makes sense.

How we won a comp with Penn,Rielly etc running this club will go down as the eighth wonder of the world.Des was the only leader at the club.

Tooves will get the job.Not sure about that but we'll see.

BUT

We will survive.We always do.

Some people have some serious explaining to do based on the article in the manly daily this morning

I am trying very, very hard to think of a greater debacle in the history of the club. I guess SL would be up there but the guts are being ripped out this time.

Cambo said:
Some people have some serious explaining to do based on the article in the manly daily this morning

What the f** were the board thinking. Up to 5 star players with get out clauses if Des leaves and they've sat on their hands over his contract extension. Iv never heard of so much incompetence I'm my life.
At we've been in top 4 all year and they still didn't do the deal. What the f** were they waiting for?
All responsible must go immediately!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
To be honest, I think I'll be more disappointed in any player that leaves than Des. The thing that is really disappointing is that we, the fans, seem to have been ignored in all this. I know this isn't exactly true, but it feels like the people leaving are doing so because of a couple of peanuts in suits and that our unwavering, passionate support at the end of the day doesn't count for anything. From what I've read/heard about the awards night last night the main theme was the comraderie amongst the playing group, in any normal year that wouldn't be a problem but it feels like the us v them philosophy which has driven them to a premiership has become so tight the only people that matter is themselves. I know this probably isn't reality, but that's how it feels.

Masked Eagle said:
To be honest, I think I'll be more disappointed in any player that leaves than Des. The thing that is really disappointing is that we, the fans, seem to have been ignored in all this. I know this isn't exactly true, but it feels like the people leaving are doing so because of a couple of peanuts in suits and that our unwavering, passionate support at the end of the day doesn't count for anything. From what I've read/heard about the awards night last night the main theme was the comraderie amongst the playing group, in any normal year that wouldn't be a problem but it feels like the us v them philosophy which has driven them to a premiership has become so tight the only people that matter is themselves. I know this probably isn't reality, but that's how it feels.

Hate to see any of the players that OUR FANS have supported, spent their hard earned and time making banners of said players to watch them just walk out because some nuffies can't get it thru their thick skulls that harmony is required for a successful club

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:

Hate to see any of the players that OUR FANS have supported, spent their hard earned and time making banners of said players to watch them just walk out because some nuffies can't get it thru their thick skulls that harmony is required for a successful club

Spot on I like the loyalty to the coach but what about us as fans? are we nothing? If any player walks because of this then good riddance to bad rubbish in my book. There are some players with get out clauses that this club and it's fans have stood by when other clubs would have dumped them,I won't name them but we all know who they are

Masked Eagle said:

Look I know the players love Des to death, but so did the broncos players when Bennett left. Only one player followed him. Let's hope it's the sane with the manly players.

Why poach a player when you can poach a whole eatablishment
Takes poaching to a new level. I suggest we poach a new board and a new stadium

No one likes us - not suprising - we don't like us either.

Whatever happens it's been a very poor performance from the board and management.

The fans, members, club and players deserve better.

ManlyBacker said:
If that is the good news I am not looking forward to the bad.

Quantum has just declared a $10m loss for the 2011 year and one would expect there to also be back lash by some sponsors to all of this as well.

I fear that the news will only get worse for a while yet. We will survive as we always do but in what form?

the mauler said:
Cambo said:

What the fuk were the board thinking. Up to 5 star players with get out clauses if Des leaves and they've sat on their hands over his contract extension. Iv never heard of so much incompetence I'm my life.
At we've been in top 4 all year and they still didn't do te deal. What the fuk were they waiting for?
All responsible must go immediately!

And if that person is Scott Penn, who do you suggest pays the bills after we show him the door ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6