Some potential Nood news about Joe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-present-Birds-Eye-View/84762
Foz did mention the possibility here - all nood :)

The Coaching Staff have paced the Players to perfection, so whoever they pick will give it a Manly go :exclamation:

Yeah thanks for posting HM, good video the first episode of Sea Eagles TV.

Looking forward to a bit more of that, about 30 minutes of joy for a Manly fan :)

I made a delivery to the eagles office at narrabeen today and caught the tail end of a session. Joe was doing some heavy contact work with ball in hand. He wasn't making the tackles, he wasn't being put on the ground and he was only on a 4m run each time. At first i thought he may be a chance but then I thought he was probably just acting as a tackling bag to help prepare the team. I wish I had gotten there earlier to see what joe did throughout the whole session. His inclusion wouldn't shock me.

Biscuits said:
I made a delivery to the eagles office at narrabeen today and caught the tail end of a session. Joe was doing some heavy contact work with ball in hand. He wasn't making the tackles, he wasn't being put on the ground and he was only on a 4m run each time. At first i thought he may be a chance but then I thought he was probably just acting as a tackling bag to help prepare the team. I wish I had gotten there earlier to see what joe did throughout the whole session. His inclusion wouldn't shock me.

Biscuits, I am really liking this eyeball reporting :)

Biscuits said:
What were you delivering?
Jatz Crackers?
Saos?
Mint Slice?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Biscuits said:
What were you delivering?
Jatz Crackers?
Saos?
Mint Slice?

I always deliver.

Joe Galuvao has a shot at Grand Final miracle with Manly Sea Eagles

Josh Massoud
The Daily Telegraph
October 02, 2013 12:00AM

The impact from both team's bench players could turn the tide of the NRL Grand Final.

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Galuvao thought he'd achieved the ultimate grand final fairytale a decade ago, battling his way from the mean streets of Auckland to win a premiership with Penrith in 2003.

But this Sunday could be something else entirely.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Galuvao - ruled out for the season in April with a ruptured Achilles tendon - has this week resumed intensive training with the Sea Eagles in an extraordinary bid to bow out on the biggest stage.

Having already announced his retirement, the 35-year-old was not named on Manly’s six-man bench on Tuesday and still must overcome huge odds to force his way into the team.

But insiders at Brookvale confirmed that Galuvao trained with the team Tuesday, and also completed intensive fitness work on Sunday.

Since being placed in a moon boot after collapsing in Manly’s clash against Cronulla in round six, Galuvao has been condemned to rehab work and studying for a personal trainers' certification.

Joe Galuvao thanks fans during his lap of honour during the game between Manly and the Panthers earlier this season. Picture: Gregg Porteous

He was present for Monday’s team photo.

Should he complete the unlikeliest of revivals, Galuvao’s story would be the greatest grand final miracle since Andrew Johns played the 1997 decider just eight days after suffering a punctured lung.

The door has opened for his return thanks to another serious injury - Richie Fa’aoso’s broken neck.

Either David Gower or James Hasson were favoured to replace Fa’aoso. Gower on Tuesday gained the early edge after claiming Fa’aso’s No. 14 jersey, but coach Geoff Toovey won’t settle his team until later in the week.

Toovey did not return calls or texts about Galuvao on Tuesday night.

Manly have shown that experience counts in big matches, forging their way into the NRL Grand Final for the fourth time in seven years.

With Manly already without senior prop and co-captain Jason King, the Sea Eagles will miss Fa’aoso’s punch off the bench and also his experience.

Fa’aoso was a member of Melbourne’s premiership-winning side last year, while Hasson and Gower have made just 25 appearances between them this year.

Hasson is a highly rated rookie with another year to run on his contract at Manly, while Gower is set to be cut by the club after Sunday night’s decider.

Galuvao’s grand final pedigree is strong, playing in three deciders since making his debut for the Warriors in the NRL’s inaugural season, 1998.

After winning the premiership with Penrith in 2003, the 240-game veteran received a runners-up medal with Parramatta in 2009 and then played a key role in Manly’s 2011 triumph.

Just last month, Galuvao farewelled the Sea Eagles faithful at the team’s final appearance at Brookvale Oval for the year.

“Thank you club, I appreciate all you have done for me,’’ he told the fans.

“To all the supporters, fans, sponsors, owners, players and everyone associated with the club, I love all you guys and wish you all the best for the future."
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/joe-galuvao-has-a-shot-at-grand-final-miracle-with-manly-sea-eagles/story-fndv31ch-1226731132146

Good side-show distraction for us for GF week. If he does play, it will be one of the biggest selection shocks I can recall. Is Tooves a gambler? We'll soon find out!

Whether he plays or not, it's nood gews that he has recovered so well. ;)

It would be FANTASTIC to see Smokin' Joe rampaging once again on the field in the Maroon & White!

But only if he is fit & well, hopefully his injury has recovered well regardless.

Good on ya mate, Go manly!

Yeah, awesome diversion, doubt it will happen.

I can see the Roosters coaching staff flicking through old videos just in case lol...

Must admit, he could be an added impact with nothing to lose, and experience to burn.

Still, you do have to wonder, after being sidelined for so long, and at 35?

Sydney Morning Herald reporting Joe tipped for stunning GF return:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/galuvao-tipped-for-stunning-finals-return-20131001-2ur0i.html

Rumour I heard from overseas friends is Beaver is a chance to play on the $1 contract he signed.

Has caught an urgent flight back to Australia (had to stop over in Germany) and should be on the paddock for training tomorrow.

Doubt its true but one never knows.

tookey said:
The Daily Telegraph has learned Galuvao - ruled out for the season in April with a ruptured Achilles tendon - has this week resumed intensive training with the Sea Eagles in an extraordinary bid to bow out on the biggest stage.

Learned it from where??? This forum no doubt.

Silvertails...providing the Telegraph with their stories since 2004 :D

Someone just Tweeted Igor could dust off his boots for this one.

He is expected to be the 27th man.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6