Some very sad news...Anthony "Mouse" Young

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Met Mouse when Manly played storm down here in Melb a few years ago. One of natures gentlemen. He will be sadly missed
RIP mouse

A lot of sad things seem to be happening this year. Lets hope the clouds clear soon & the warm sun shines for you Anthony.

Very very sad to learn about the passing of Mouse. Mouse adored our club and my first memories of Mouse were at the Fulton Menzies stand in the 80s where the old Manly Supporters club would sit, he used to dance to Zorba the Greek, which was so amusing and he was bloody good at it too. He was a real character and the club has lost a true supporter

RIP Mouse and thanks for the memories that you gave to everyone.

Danger Mouse was not only a passionate follower of the Eagles but the whole life of the Nth Beaches in general. Sorry to hear this sad news and hope that his favorite bands are playing the music that he so loves wherever he may be. RIP DM.

This is so sad - I just sat next to him at Mt Smart and have known him through the MWTS for a while :(

Prophetically, he was telling me how religious he is, and his love for Manly was diametrically opposed to his slight build.

RIP :angel:

Sitting here with morning coffee, and reflecting on some of the mouse-isms I've heard from him over the years. My favourite was last year at Brizzo when we were at the pre-game function, and he asked what's my daughters name. Someone in the group said it's Wombat Jnr...Mouse is like nahhh, you have to have your own moniker ...you should be.... squirrel! Wombat and squirrel, and he went off laughing.
Squirrel it is mouse. :heart:

This is still a work in progress (Thanks go to Kevvy for his efforts on this) but perhaps appropriate it gets an airing this morning under the circumstances...see around the 1.20 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYwnXW8O5E&feature=youtu.be

We all put the left over food from the lounge at brooky in our pockets in honour of the little fella last night...

vidmar said:
We all put the left over food from the lounge at brooky in our pockets in honour of the little fella last night...

Aww that's really cool vid.
I hope a few of the lads on the hill yelled out charge at kick off I know that was one of his little things.

What a legend bloke I met Mouse many years ago in the 70's and have enjoyed his company many times over the years! I have a video of all of us celebrating up in the players area after out last GF win the video is of Mouse and I singing Eagle Rock! I was well and truly pissed! Mouse didn't mind arms around each other singing our hearts out, great man! he will sadly missed by all Manly fans! He brought something special to our club! RIP Little mate!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I was absolutely shocked to hear this, considering just 4 days earlier we were saying farewell at the Crowne Plaza in Auckland. Mouses Haka at the Mount Albert Lions was a real treat, the Maori boys loved it, as did the crowd of 80 MWTS members. We will have to think of some way to honour him as the NZ MWTS trip was his " last hurrah" . He was certainly an individual ( in many ways) but one thing you could never doubt, his absolute passion for the Eagles.

RIP Mousey

I hope the club might honour him in some small (no pun intended) way.

I first encountered mouse about 1979, dare I say he is our best known supporter.

Gotta love that Manly passion.

It was so hard to believe this terrible news when I was told yesterday. Mouse went out with a roar in New Zealand with his reply to the Haka that put a smile on the face of everyone in the room.
If we were able to vote for the member of the year award, my vote would be for Mouse to be posthumously awarded the '2013 member of the year' at the awards night later this year. One of the very few who travelled to Leeds for not one, but two World Club Challenge tours.

"Hit em hard.... Drive em back.... Force the error".

RIP.

bones said:
It was so hard to believe this terrible news when I was told yesterday. Mouse went out with a roar in New Zealand with his reply to the Haka that put a smile on the face of everyone in the room.
If we were able to vote for the member of the year award, my vote would be for Mouse to be posthumously awarded the '2013 member of the year' at the awards night later this year. One of the very few who travelled to Leeds for not one, but two World Club Challenge tours.

RIP.

RIP Mouse. second that Bones,and I shouldn't imagine any opposition for it going to a worthy,loyal Manly supporter.

bones said:

RIP.

RIP Mouse.
3rd that Bones.
As well as that how about naming the award after the legend that is Mouse!

I heard the news at the leagues club before the game and it put a dampener on the evening for me. In hindsight I should have fought that feeling, as I was pleased to meet Mouse a few times and dwelling on misfortune was never ever his style. RIP.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6