SOO coverage plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
Ok don't want to jinx any of them with injury but barring this, what should be the plan to cover turbo, dce and Jake.

My thoughts are:

Harper to #1 -> walker to #4 ->
Foran to #7 -> cust to #6
Siro to #13 -> Lawton to bench utility

I am really hopeful we don't put walker back at fb when he returns as we were diabolical! Thoughts?

Ok don't want to jinx any of them with injury but barring this, what should be the plan to cover turbo, dce and Jake.

My thoughts are:

Harper to #1 -> walker to #4 ->
Foran to #7 -> cust to #6
Siro to #13 -> Lawton to bench utility

I am really hopeful we don't put walker back at fb when he returns as we were diabolical! Thoughts?
In simple terms - agree 100%
Was dissappointed he was there game 1 and would have preferred FUna ...maybe even Garrick and keep Walker where he belonged - at centre.... Harper has excelled and Parker been solid....interesting headache to have but defs no Walker at fullback, experiment badly gone wrong, so once bitten......I won't be suprised to see Walker slip into the 6 again, but really feel Cust has been good when gets opportunity and prefer your options above

I think as Garrick has been playing minutes at FB when Tom goes off early, it’s Garrick to one, because I’m pretty sure Des can reflect on Walks as a failure at 1.
How about Suli on the wing to replace Garrick, let’s have a look at him on the wing, will give us a powerful kick return runner, strong early set starts from our own end and strong try scoring ability from close attacking range.
Foran to play half, if back and cust or walker to 5/8, form and injuries pending on Walks, if Foran is out longer than expected cust to 7 walker to 6.
If Jake is gone, I’d like to see Shoe to lock and Sirro to slot back into the second row.
Lawton gets his chance from 14 to replace cust.

The Casualty Ward thread says both Walker & Foran arent back until at least round 14.

I like @Rafferty idea of Garrick to fullback & Suli to his wing.

Not sure who to cover DCE & possibly Jake with - wonder how Harper would go in the halves with Cust, with Funa at centre, or Suli at centre & Funa on Garrick's wing?

Garrick will likely be in the 1, I think Des has shown that hand by not putting Harper to the back and Suli in the centers when Tom was rested. Garrick has done well but that has been in games where we were up by 30. When it's 80 mins could be different.

I'd be going Cust at 7 and Shoe at 6 for these games. Sirro takes the edge role from Shoe.

I also would not be putting Suli on the wing, he'll get destroyed under the high ball and will rush in and misread the play too much, Funa or the kid from Roosters play on the wing for mine.

Whatever Des does, he CANNOT break up the Harper and Saab side, they are sooo good together.

It appears to me that we only have three reserve players currently uninjured: Tyfuna, Tippytoes and Burbo. So, if we don't get any of our injured players back in time for SOO and there are no new injuries, these three are the logical replacements:
Tyfuna for Turbo
Tippytoes for DCE (on the bench as a utility outside back, with Harpo to 5/8, Con to half and Suli in the centres)
Burbo for Jurbo (on the bench as a utility second rower/lock/outside back)
It's all a bit convoluted but our casualty list just keeps getting longer.

I must say Garrick was also underwhelming ly when playing fb but seems improved this season in his stints (although short and when we have been up by plenty so not sure if it's a true indication)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8