SOO INJURY CURSE STRIKES. Tom probably out for season. Is Manly’s NRL season toast?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate I thought you would have had some compassion for the person

Imagine how the kid feels not being able to get it together?

I agree at some stage there should be a discussion over the value of his contract however I am, as always, shocked at how people will treat the humans that play at the club
How about compassion for the fans who support this club over a much longer timeline than most of these poor players? Players are quick to hand it over to their managers to squeeze us for as much as they can get… no empathy for the fans there…

Very harsh on Tom (im sure NSW would have lost even if he was not injured) - he is having a horrible run of bad luck - maybe this year (in hindsight) he should of taken a break from rep teams and just try to get 100% with manly - maybe just 1 year of injury free season with Manly nothing else will get him back.

May as well blame Cleary and Mitchell for being too injured to play. Nobody gets injured on purpose.

They at least had a #7 and #3 replacing them.
Turbo played two minutes, got injured making a tackle any player could have made and let a hooker play 78 mins at centre. The game was lost there.

Very harsh on Tom (im sure NSW would have lost even if he was not injured) - he is having a horrible run of bad luck - maybe this year (in hindsight) he should of taken a break from rep teams and just try to get 100% with manly - maybe just 1 year of injury free season with Manly nothing else will get him back.
Yes, never known a human to have so many ongoing years of “ bad luck”. At what stage does a champion stop to ask why is this happening to me… or more constructively, how do I turn this around?

Yes, never known a human to have so many ongoing years of “ bad luck”. At what stage does a champion stop to ask why is this happening to me… or more constructively, how do I turn this around?
Tommy needs to follow Killers lead. Pull the pin on rep duty and concentrate on club honours.
And sure, he may still get injured in a Manly jersey, but I could cop that better than him doing it in a Blues jersey.

Tommy needs to follow Killers lead. Pull the pin on rep duty and concentrate on club honours.
And sure, he may still get injured in a Manly jersey, but I could cop that better than him doing it in a Blues jersey.
That’s the obvious response, but his competitive ego stopped it from happening

Please carry on the rage. If this sort of supporter kick back gets back to Tom he just may be forced to rethink his stance on SOO. I am at the brink and ready to walk away from this club if things just continue.

Some of us don’t need compassion. We play the cards we’re dealt and don’t deal with it by lashing out at the bloke who I think feels pretty bad himself right now.
How about compassion for the fans who support this club over a much longer timeline than most of these poor players? Players are quick to hand it over to their managers to squeeze us for as much as they can get… no empathy for the fans there…

Tommy has averaged 11 games per season for the last 5 years.

We are paying him pro rata 2.6 mill per year based on his limited number of games.

Makes DCE a super bargin with his salary.

Do clubs get salary cap dispensation for players injured for the rest of the season in Origin games?

Some of us don’t need compassion. We play the cards we’re dealt and don’t deal with it by lashing out at the bloke who I think feels pretty bad himself right now.
Way to go, self-righteous, Ted. It’s this very biased attitude towards certain players but failure to apply it across the board that hurts the team. You cannot play favouritism to Turbo while he continues to **** up our team long term without consequences.

Ahh yes, it’s the “cards we were dealt”… just bad luck eh

Attachments

• 1687354533659.png
    1687354533659.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 1

We are paying him pro rata 2.6 mill per year based on his limited number of games.

Do clubs get salary cap dispensation for players injured for the rest of the season in Origin games?
Yes, but that won’t help much. Noone wants to come to a club out of the running.

And as much as I hate sounding like a broken record… his absence is much more debilitating than simply games missed. It’s the impact of spine combinations over seasons that is really impacted.

Way to go, self-righteous, Ted. It’s this very biased attitude towards certain players but failure to apply it across the board that hurts the team. You cannot play favouritism to Turbo while he continues to **** up our team long term without consequences.

Ahh yes, it’s the “cards we were dealt”… just bad luck eh
🤣self righteous. Resilient is probably a better word.
I’ll play favourites with whomever I please. It’s the way of the world. I’m sure if you were the best at your job in your workplace, you’d expect better treatment than someone who is just meeting requirements.Noting of course that everyone deserves respectful treatment.

🤣self righteous. Resilient is probably a better word.
I’ll play favourites with whomever I please. It’s the way of the world. I’m sure if you were the best at your job in your workplace, you’d expect better treatment than someone who is just meeting requirements.Noting of course that everyone deserves respectful treatment.
Well, if you are still defending Turbo, then I agree, you are certainly resilient. Lol

When the whole team relies on one player to win games , it’s not the one players fault , it’s the other 16’s.
Well he is so relied on because he is taking up a big chunk of the salary. He is expected to perform.
He needs to go so we can sign players who are actually of value with his salary.

Well, if you are still defending Turbo, then I agree, you are certainly resilient. Lol
Look, I really get everyone’s disappointment. I watched it happen and hoped that I’d dozed off and dreamt it, but I didn’t.
I’m holding on to the hope that he’ll have an injury free run over two or three seasons and we get a premiership out of it. But he’s running out of chances with me. I reckon I’m only going to give him 3 more after this.

He needs to make the tough decision and call it a day. What’s the point of playing 2 games every year to just get injured again.
Apart from his eye watering salary.
Let him go and go to market for a superstar.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8