SOO INJURY CURSE STRIKES. Tom probably out for season. Is Manly’s NRL season toast?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Unfortunately the NRL would never allow him to take that much of a pay cut. When fit his value is deemed too high for even $700,000 to be enough.
How do you know? why would the NRL care if a player renegotiates his contract especially if he is out injured for 16 rounds every season?, This happens all the time when clubs need to sign a top player they adjust current contracts if signed players agree to fit the new signing in the cap.

what a **** thread. He got injured in the 3rd minute. How does he cost NSW the game. FFS.

Narcissism plus . it hurts our chances for sure but the selfish attitude and anger about how this affects you is just a really ugly trait

dude is injured, probably depressed, discuss our chances for sure but wow. Tom saved us in 2021. Its not happening again. We need to spead the load more rather than hoping for one player to define our season year after year . That is the bigger issue we have. The team has built a reliance on tom and that has been ugly too

The system sucks, its sad , and in reality our season that was done, is now dusted but calling a player selfish for playing rep footy because it cost you your footy pride and tips is something you need to look at

fatty vautin said it best

give yourself an uppercut, maybe several

Mate, in that case, enjoy 12th - 17th year in year out. Happy for you to lower your expectations and set the bar super low.

For a team to be competitive (or better win a comp), everyone has to be accountable. Players need to make sacrifices (example: I KNOW because I SAW the contracts that Choc Watmough and others took haircuts with to keep the team together). Players need to be selfLESS not selfISH.

Tom signed a marquee contract, to be our number 1 or 2 player, and for whatEVER reason hasn't added value for money, which also takes away from depth in other positions.

It's awesome you're being loyal and defensive, but that's also naive and soft. Show the club and emblem some respect and demand something more / better, PLEASE mate.

Teeling people to give themselves uppercuts for wanting progression and improvement (that'll honestly do me) - is this what our fanbase has truly become?

Got to agree. The Trbojevic's bleed Manly. Tom may not be as obvious as Jake with his passion but he'll be seriously down about this, especially feeling like he's let the club down. Everyone needs to get off his back and just wish him well with his recovery
He's also put SOO in front of his club for many years now, and it's cost us. Enjoy the rest of the season, and once the dust settles, you should revisit this post when we are languishing in 15th or something.

You'll get your wish..and with that mindset, you kind of deserve it.

Mate, in that case, enjoy 12th - 17th year in year out. Happy for you to lower your expectations and set the bar super low.

For a team to be competitive (or better win a comp), everyone has to be accountable. Players need to make sacrifices (example: I KNOW because I SAW the contracts that Choc Watmough and others took haircuts with to keep the team together). Players need to be selfLESS not selfISH.

Tom signed a marquee contract, to be our number 1 or 2 player, and for whatEVER reason hasn't added value for money, which also takes away from depth in other positions.

It's awesome you're being loyal and defensive, but that's also naive and soft. Show the club and emblem some respect and demand something more / better, PLEASE mate.

Teeling people to give themselves uppercuts for wanting progression and improvement (that'll honestly do me) - is this what our fanbase has truly become?
No i told people to give themselves uppercuts for the anger and calling him selfish. Like he injured himself. And the title has changed a bit since i posted.

Many non manly fans were hoping the turbo they support would help the blues win. Its not just about us although i get we pay the wage, but that is a different kettle of fish to the hate
just to much me , me , me , and all the toys out of the cot

i am never happy with 12 -17 and post accordingly often., but i am at least realistic enough to understand we have a squad that will reach 12-17 everyyear without tom and THAT is our issue. penn and silvertails is the only place you will hear different
Im just manly

that however does not mean many of the comments in the thread are not about the individuals that wrote them and nothing to do with tom. Thats is my point
some of the comments are very un cool

the comp needs origin to support the salaries of the players. its a very big financial component. Its not going away. Today sucks i agree, but chucking stones at tom, the only person who has given us any glory in the last 5/years because he is damaged, not tanking but damaged Is uncool

if manly make a call on turbo it will be very sad but i would support the business decision, but cant support some of whats gone on in here.

ignore the uppercuts then , should i have suggested therapy maybe. Is that gentler

in my house its just not a normal human reaction Over a player getting hurt. and in my opinion the difference between NSW and QLd. They are more people focussed

Just an opinion ryan. Nothing personal mate, but i take your point

As I mentioned before, I love Turbo as much as everyone else. But its become apparent that circumstances has made him bigger than the club, which should never happen.
People holding out for hope and are confident that he will be 100 percent again need to be honest with themselves about what they really think deep down every time he gets tackled or goes in for a tackle.

No i told people to give themselves uppercuts for the anger and calling him selfish. Like he injured himself. And the title has changed a bit since i posted.

Many non manly fans were hoping the turbo they support would help the blues win. Its not just about us although i get we pay the wage, but that is a different kettle of fish to the hate

i am never happy with 12 -17 and post accordingly often., but i am at least realistic enough to understand we have a squad that will reach 12-17 everyyear without tom and THAT is our issue. penn and silvertails is the only place you will hear different
Im just manly

that however does not mean many of the comments in the thread are not about the individuals that wrote them and nothing to do with tom. Thats is my point

the comp needs origin to support the salaries of the players. its a very big financial component. Its not going away. Today sucks i agree, but chucking stones at tom, the only person who has given us any glory in the last 5/years because he is damaged, not tanking but damaged Is uncool

if manly make a call on turbo it will be very sad but i would support the business decision, but cant support some of whats gone on in here.

ignore the uppercuts then , should i have suggested therapy maybe. Is that gentler

in my house its just not a normal human reaction Over a player getting hurt. and in my opinion the difference between NSW and QLd. They are more people focussed

In a simple sentence, Turbo has become bigger than the club....it should never get to this point.

guy was in 1st gear all year then right on cue he has a great game against canberra to magically get selected for origin

fuk off, give up origin and focus on the club that pays you way to much for the amount of game time you’ve delivered over your career

Im just manly

Don’t agree with this. We could be much higher than 12th - 17th without Turbo. You could have Gutho and a quality centre for Turbo’s money and that would get this roster well into the top 8.

This is damning. 55 games in 5 years does not a 1.2M player make.

Not bagging Tom he's a great player when hes available but at this point its damaging the rest of the club for the better part of half a decade.

Hard discussions need to be made about, at the bare minimum, a pay cut.
Exactly what I said and in those 55 games 18 of them in 2021 he was worth the coin

Some real petulant behaviour in here, I think we all need to take a collective deep breath.

In life and footy, some things are just #$%@. Bad things happen!

I'm devastated and annoyed, but there is nobody to blame!

This is not a workload injury, Tom got injured in Origin, not because he played Origin.

Its not NSW fault, not Freddy's fault, not Manly's fault and not Tom's fault.

Crap things just happen. Deal with it and stop looking to lash out like an overtired toddler

Well said.

Post of the year.

Don’t agree with this. We could be much higher than 12th - 17th without Turbo. You could have Gutho and a quality centre for Turbo’s money and that would get this roster well into the top 8.
So i have based this on having turbo injured

time and the table will tell i suppose.

i say the same about DCE, we could have bla bla and less reliance on Tom and with the savings maybe gutho as well

But we dont and we are, until we do

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8