South's shouldn't even be in the comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Keeping all this in perspective - I hate Souths and hope we flog them by 50.

Sometimes tells me we will have to be at the top of our game to win though - there is no love for Manly there (long memories) and they have a couple of good players. Not going to be easy - I still remember the game last year when we were behind by a million, came back to take the lead in a Walker led fightback and then we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a bumble near the line at the end!!

Souths have been stuffed alot longer than 1998-2004.
They should never have been allowed back in ahead of the other clubs that were punted and as CW said they got back in on a legal technicality.
There is no other club in the current competition who has gone as bad as Souths for such an extended period and IN MY OPINION I don't think that keeping the bunnies as they are is a viable option and it seems if they didn't have the support of a number of high profile people they would never have been allowed back in anyway.
Yes I would have preferred no teams to have been given the flick and SL war never to have happened but they did and to be fair to all others punted for the "Good of the Game" why should Souths stay in it's current state.
NO team in the current NRL set up has consistently performed as badly on and off the field as Souths in recent years- I will argue that with any of you.
No - just because a team performs badly on the field for a few years do I think they should be punted but look at the big picture here.

Kiwi Eagle I do not think Souths should be in the comp now let alone given six more weeks. We may have been in trouble 1998-2004 but so were Souths. They were in trouble a long time before 1998 and they still haven't gotten themselves out of it.
Garts if you read the post properly you would see that I have said that Souths have been performing poorly on and off the field since the eighties- that's alot longer than Manlys last few years of trouble.....using my logic !

Weren't Souths minor premiers in 1989?

There was huge groundswell for them to be readmitted after the SL debacle - it hasn't translated into crowds but it is amazing how many people in their 40s and 50s support them.

They are a bit thin for young supporters as usually on-field performances affect this. Five years ago the Roosters had no supporters and yet now they are very popular due to their recent success.Success is cyclical and Souths are doing all they can to be a force.

If they fail natural selection will kill them off and that is the way things should be left.

The ARL/NSWRL/NRL did not kill Norths/Newtown etc and they each fell on their own swords. Gold Coast were shafted as were Perth/Adelaide etc but it is arguable that these guys would have ended up like Melbourne, totally dependent on News Limited money to survive. If Souths were given a massive booster like the SL clubs (including Brisbane/NQ) they could have been more successful!

Kiwi Eagle I do not think Souths should be in the comp now let alone given six more weeks. We may have been in trouble 1998-2004 but so were Souths. They were in trouble a long time before 1998 and they still haven't gotten themselves out of it.
Garts if you read the post properly you would see that I have said that Souths have been performing poorly on and off the field since the eighties- that's alot longer than Manlys last few years of trouble.....using my logic !

Maybe,I don;t go bacl that far.

But why use the past to judge something now ?

From what I can see,Souths seem to have a very good setup now,are putting together a decent team and have been getting some good results.

I don;t think ANY club should be excluded from the NRL,or should have been in the past for that matter

This thread has probably dragged on a fair bit and while I disagree with the fact that Souths are still in the comp ahead of other teams or potential teams I'm not about to start a petition to get them thrown out or anything like that. I suppose I should be just happy about our good start to the season because just my luck Souths will take it to us this week.
If Souths do do well this year good luck to them and I suppose alot of that would have to do with Shaun Mac. and Shane Richardson who are admittidly very good for the club.
My point was just that they have had a very good run and I feel for clubs that don't exist anymore. They should feel a bit ripped to see these guys still running around but I suppose there is no use crying over spilt milk- no offence meant towards Garts of Kiwi Eagle just trying to make my point- I do understand your point of view.

Stick to your guns PJ. This forum has always been about having your say with robust opinion. Good to agree to disagree on issues like this.

no offence meant towards Garts of Kiwi Eagle just trying to make my point- I do understand your point of view.

to think I had been crying for almost 24hrs over this ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6