Post-Game Discussion Souths v Manly [Round 4, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Rabbitohs
Vs
Sea Eagles
13 Accor Stadium
25 Mar 2023 19:35
81:58 minute

Match Stats

You do realise that the #1 job of a dummy half is to pass the ball into the bread basket of players.
Aloiai was running full speed, he was never going to catch it.

Weekes is not a dummy half, so not zure why the coach took Lawton off for extra time.
Because Burbo was the only player offering any energy and Weekes had been riding the pine after a pretty good stint.

We looked most dangerous when he was on the field.

Ironically, this is the sort of stuff we would pull off as kids. Taking high and wide passes to pull off some magic. But hey, let’s pay the idiot to mouth off about some archaic belief systems but excuse his actual ability on the field. I know where I would prefer the miracles to be happening.

Tough marker, 43 tackles in 63 minutes.

I though he was good. He has played 2 games since his acl and is thrown in against the Bunnies and Damien Cook.
Yeah, I have some give in the circumstances. It was always going to be tough for him coming back. Nevertheless, he was entrusted with a job. Understandable, but also fair to feel disappointed.

How much better is it watching this year compared to last! I get that some posters in here get frustrated in the heat of the battle but I'm seeing a team that genuinely gives a **** about how they play and don't like to lose.

Gone is the apathy that was everywhere in the second part of last year.

I think Seibold's "Manly mentality" is working.

Excited to see how the next month or so unfolds.
I genuinely think for me this is a true start of proper rebuild only a small one like getting half the season with gordan at 9 give a full year with josh at 6.

Making week 1 or 2 of finals will be a good season for us and then 2024 top 4 as a minimum.

We have a good squad building just need to fix a few areas to be a genuine threat.

Should of won tonight but lack of composure in the second half cost us we had enough good ball to win that.

The refereeing was god awful but I’m gonna say it. Cherry-Evans was terrible and absent on the many chances we had on their line. At least Schuster could kick into the in goal and create opportunities as we saw with Haumole’s try. Ignoring his intercept try we looked lost and should’ve been up by multiple tries if not for his garbage organisation. All well and good showing up for games at home against the Dogs and Eels but he was **** tonight, no doubting it
Maybe DCE is on the payroll of other clubs

Seems the hatred for Aloiai and his beliefs means beer googles bias for any mistake he makes from the haters.

How about we follow and support all Manly players
Yeah whatever. His commitment to derailing footy for his personal stuff deserves to be questioned regardless of what side one falls on. And until he delivers what he was hired to provide fans have a right to question him.

As Coops said… we dropped the ball on the third tackle in golden point. Period. End. Finish. Thx Weekes and Josh

• 👍
Reactions: JBW
Hate when the game day post closes when you're in the middle of typing.
Maybe next time DCE wins the toss in golden point, Manly should kick off first and put the pressure on the other team. The vermon were gassed and a couple of big hits may have been a different result. Anyway move on to the knights next week.

I was proud of the effort from the boys tonight... very unlucky and yes we got some dud calls from the ref's but we should have put it out of reach regardless imo....

We could have taken 2 Points on multiple occasions and also koula should have grounded the ball over the line....

Still promising season ahead I believe!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8