Spud Carroll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TimandTom has a hard on for Stromquist. Everytime there is a thread concerning him Timmy pops up. Hmmmm?

Ryan said:
Rambo1987 said:
Stromquist will like this - just wait and see

He's probably around 10th in Manly's prop depth chart. I wouldn't be getting too excited too soon.

Thanks - I didnt know Manly's coaching philosophy was you only get coached on what ranking you are. 1 getting all the coaching and 10 only gets a little coaching. Maybe they have a bundy clock which you have punch on and off while training.......TBH

Spud is a manly/souths/penrith stalwart. He's a sea eagle / rabbitoh / panther to the bone. When he's cut he bleeds maroon, white, green, red, brown, black, pale blue, pink and whatever other colour penrith are.

Stevo said:
TimandTom has a hard on for Stromquist. Everytime there is a thread concerning him Timmy pops up. Hmmmm?

How about trying to be interested in some footy talk and less on Hard ons... as we can all see that is a big interest to you?? We won't Judge u Stevo... Oh by the way... Does your husband post on here?

All just opinion but from what I have seen, this Sao kid is the future leader in the front row - 2013?? maybe he is that good, but more likely 2014 & on.
Fact is NRL is a mass step up from TC, especially the front row, but this kid oozes talent.
Stromquist is a goer but for mine Sao has twice the potential.
Back to Spud, loved his desire back in his Seaeagles days & has to be regarded as an inspirational bloke. If his passion rubs off on a few of the fowards its gotta be a good thing.

Thread of the off season!

Tom and Tim seem to be stromquists cheer squad though. More subtlety would help there/his/her cause cause I don't think the bloke is a bad player.

TimandTom said:
Stevo said:

How about trying to be interested in some footy talk and less on Hard ons... as we can all see that is a big interest to you?? We won't Judge u Stevo... Oh by the way... Does your husband post on here?

Wash the sand out mate. It's ok. I admire you for being such a big fan of someone who is 10th in line for the front row throne.

TimandTom, I have seen Stromquist play plenty both live, and on television in the NYC games. Prior to 12-18 months ago, I believed he was overweight, immobile in both attack, but especially in defense, BUT he seemed to trim down and become much, MUCH more fit, and seems to have added some pace into his game.

His best season for mine, was his as captain of the NYC team.

I think it's almost Wittyfan like to suggest he is on par with Mauro / Fa'aoso, both NRL Grand Final winning and experienced props? Ok, that's your opinion, and I respect that, but to be honest, I disagree.

I was being kind putting him in the 10th spot.

If you had to select three players out of the following, to start the season as props for us, would you select Stromquist? King, Kite, Galuvao & Stromquist. Ok, in the "future" he may be ok, but the prop rotation we have is OUTSTANDING - every one of them. I can't fault our current team one through 25.

Calling me a Derek, and everyone else names, will get you nowhere. Be respectful, and I will respect you in return.

If you really love Stromquist, that's excellent, but I just think he's pretty far down the pecking order, and that will be shown this year.

Stevo said:
TimandTom said:
Stevo said:

Wash the sand out mate. It's ok. I admire you for being such a big fan of someone who is 10th in line for the front row throne.

Oh, are you back from painting your finger nails sweetheart? I glad you admire me as I enjoy backing a talented underdog and enjoy having an opinion. Should try it sometime

MK Eagle said:
All just opinion but from what I have seen, this Sao kid is the future leader in the front row - 2013?? maybe he is that good, but more likely 2014 & on.
Fact is NRL is a mass step up from TC, especially the front row, but this kid oozes talent.
Back to Spud, loved his desire back in his Seaeagles days & has to be regarded as an inspirational bloke. If his passion rubs off on a few of the fowards its gotta be a good thing.

Thanks for the opinion MK. I also see that you like facts and if you search out the fact that Stromquist has already not only been a forward leader at our club but also a Club Captain? Future leader ... He is already a leader, not to mention that he led the NSW Cup forward pack for approximately 70-80 mins per match last season... not missing a match, not only all year but if you could find the last time he missed a match for the club.. I'd love to have that information. Also, you being a real estate agent, you must be interested in stats, so maybe match up the two players above in the U/20's stats and see them incomparision ... me bing a gambling man, I'd bet that Stromquist looks more like a Mansion in Palmy compared to Sao being a townhouse in Belrose (Not saying Belrose isn't great.) ANy way thanks for the input MK more people should put up USEFUL posts like yourself! Take note - Ryan, Stevo and Kiwi.

Ryan said:
TimandTom, I have seen Stromquist play plenty both live, and on television in the NYC games. Prior to 12-18 months ago, I believed he was overweight, immobile in both attack, but especially in defense, BUT he seemed to trim down and become much, MUCH more fit, and seems to have added some pace into his game.

I think it's almost Wittyfan like to suggest he is on par with Mauro / Fa'aoso, both NRL Grand Final winning and experienced props? Ok, that's your opinion, and I respect that, but to be honest, I disagree.

If you had to select three players out of the following, to start the season as props for us, would you select Stromquist? King, Kite, Galuvao & Stromquist. Ok, in the "future" he may be ok, but the prop rotation we have is OUTSTANDING - every one of them. I can't fault our current team one through 25.

Calling me a Derek, and everyone else names, will get you nowhere. Be respectful, and I will respect you in return.

If you really love Stromquist, that's excellent, but I just think he's pretty far down the pecking order, and that will be shown this year.

Nice reply Ryan, not sure how much NSW cup you watch last year, but if you watched any, i'm sure you'd agree that he was definately up to the task, If not a standout in an overall under performing side.

I'm not mentioning experience wise that he is above Fa'aoso or Mauro, just saying that if there is a few injuries to players with such experience, that Stromquist has given his all; All the way from our SG ball squad though to now ... a Premier player in our NSW Cup side and not SOLD out to another club. I see that he should be above these guys that have just blown into our club. Loyality aside, he is definately showing what it takes to go to the next level. I see Trbo in a similiar light currently, and not only due to the pairs remarkable resemblances'. I hope Trbo turns out the same way in the next couple of years. Loyalty is a BIG THING, not only to me, but a big part of why I support this club and if the club loses this loyality. Then they should change the name to the Bulldogs and the will lose a supporter.

I think Stromquist will DOMINATE given the opportunity this year and when this happens naysayers like yourself can eat their words.

Each to their own Ryan.

Top End Eagle said:

Tom and Tim seem to be stromquists cheer squad though. More subtlety would help there/his/her cause cause I don't think the bloke is a bad player.

I cheer for our local juniors, Top End Eagle... How is Palm Beach these days anyway? I suggest you do the same as the club we support is the MANLY Sea Eagles. Not... New Zealand Sea Eagles or Canberra Sea Eagles. Just saying mate. Good Post.

TimandTom said:
Stevo said:
TimandTom said:
Stevo said:

Oh, are you back from painting your finger nails sweetheart? I glad you admire me as I enjoy backing a talented underdog and enjoy having an opinion. Should try it sometime

I support a talented underdog everyday mate. Win or lose, my mrs gets a tap on the shoulder every morning.

TimandTom said:
MK Eagle said:

Thanks for the opinion MK. I also see that you like facts and if you search out the fact that Stromquist has already not only been a forward leader at our club but also a Club Captain? Future leader ... He is already a leader, not to mention that he led the NSW Cup forward pack for approximately 70-80 mins per match last season... not missing a match, not only all year but if you could find the last time he missed a match for the club.. I'd love to have that information. Also, you being a real estate agent, you must be interested in stats, so maybe match up the two players above in the U/20's stats and see them incomparision ... me bing a gambling man, I'd bet that Stromquist looks more like a Mansion in Palmy compared to Sao being a townhouse in Belrose (Not saying Belrose isn't great.) ANy way thanks for the input MK more people should put up USEFUL posts like yourself! Take note - Ryan, Stevo and Kiwi.

I hope Strongquist does become a Seaeagles great & I do recognise the numbers he achieves weekly in a beaten team are super, making his stats better than most. Still stand by my opinion of Sao being the pick, but, this far from disgraces Stronquist who is definately a goer.
Thing is, I honestly think Sao will be 1 of the NRL's dominant front rowers in years to come.This kid has super footwork & agility for a big kid & ball skills to match. Hits hard in defence & intimidates that ruck area.
Its basically a quality vs quantity choice & I choose Sao - over not 1 of them but all them by 2014....

MK Eagle said:
TimandTom said:
MK Eagle said:

I hope Strongquist does become a Seaeagles great & I do recognise the numbers he achieves weekly in a beaten team are super, making his stats better than most. Still stand by my opinion of Sao being the pick, but, this far from disgraces Stronquist who is definately a goer.
Thing is, I honestly think Sao will be 1 of the NRL's dominant front rowers in years to come.This kid has super footwork & agility for a big kid & ball skills to match. Hits hard in defence & intimidates that ruck area.
Its basically a quality vs quantity choice & I choose Sao - over not 1 of them but all them by 2014....

I just think i'd like to see how he goes against men first MK, as we all know the NYC is an attackers paradise. I think stromquist has more than proven himself and deserves a shot. Just my Opinion. Thanks MK.

TimandTom said:
MK Eagle said:

Ryan said:

Nice reply Ryan, not sure how much NSW cup you watch last year, but if you watched any, i'm sure you'd agree that he was definately up to the task, If not a standout in an overall under performing side.

I'm not mentioning experience wise that he is above Fa'aoso or Mauro, just saying that if there is a few injuries to players with such experience, that Stromquist has given his all; All the way from our SG ball squad though to now ... a Premier player in our NSW Cup side and not SOLD out to another club. I see that he should be above these guys that have just blown into our club. Loyality aside, he is definately showing what it takes to go to the next level. I see Trbo in a similiar light currently, and not only due to the pairs remarkable resemblances'. I hope Trbo turns out the same way in the next couple of years. Loyalty is a BIG THING, not only to me, but a big part of why I support this club and if the club loses this loyality. Then they should change the name to the Bulldogs and the will lose a supporter.

I think Stromquist will DOMINATE given the opportunity this year and when this happens naysayers like yourself can eat their words.

Each to their own Ryan.

Top End Eagle said:

I cheer for our local juniors, Top End Eagle... How is Palm Beach these days anyway? I suggest you do the same as the club we support is the MANLY Sea Eagles. Not... New Zealand Sea Eagles or Canberra Sea Eagles. Just saying mate. Good Post.

Palm beach?

Dugong Beach Alyangula bros.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7