ST on 10 news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cheers guys all good after reading both posts concerned there wasn't really anything in it.

lloydy said:
Daniel said:
Cam I have now read the post and if was certainly more tame than the phone calls I have fielded would otherwise suggest. However I would still suggest that the fact we were shown on the news is indicative that we each need to take care in the things we post and just think a little before we say some things.

It was my post and I couldn't believe it made the news, A mate rang me to ask if it was me.
The reporter didn't show all of it because I went on to say I couldn't hate Des! But that wouldn't make a good story would it?

Media Watch the hell out of that.

I ****ing hate journos. Print that ya ****s.

Maybe a few people will finally get the message. We won a premiership as a club,team,players,coaches,supporters together we did it and then had it all torn to pieces within hours by greed and self interest. No respect was shown towards the players or the supporters and we had one of the crowning achievements in this game we love soured by the actions of a few. The outpouring of emotion was always going to be high this week. The venting of anger and frustration is natural. When it all boils down this is a tribal game still, full of emotion and pride in your team.
If those who it is directed at can't cop it then they should've thought about it before they decided to act the way they did.

mickqld said:
Maybe a few people will finally get the message. We won a premiership as a club,team,players,coaches,supporters together we did it and then had it all torn to pieces within hours by greed and self interest. No respect was shown towards the players or the supporters and we had one of the crowning achievements in this game we love soured by the actions of a few. The outpouring of emotion was always going to be high this week. The venting of anger and frustration is natural. When it all boils down this is a tribal game still, full of emotion and pride in your team.
If those who it is directed at can't cop it then they should've thought about it before they decided to act the way they did.
I couldn't say it any better my maroon and white brother.

• 👍
Reactions: JMG
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NciyS50RAJ4[/video]

Says it all, doesn't it?

In the end, WE are the ones on the Hill, WE are the ones that will create the atmosphere. If we don't hate Des as much as the press are making it out that we do, that is their problem not ours.

Their lies will catch up to them.

Made the paper as well!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dogs-dinner-manly-fans-set-to-give-des-a-grilling-20120717-228ka.html

.......Many of the club's fans expressed their dislike towards the Canterbury coach on the Sea Eagles' Silvertails forum last night, reacting to claims from Hasler, who said: ''I'm sure if I turned up to their place on a Sunday afternoon for a barbie, they wouldn't turn me away.''

One disgruntled fan said Hasler ''wouldn't get in my front door, the piece of crap'', while another admitted he would let him in, but not before ''we would have to have an old fashioned punch up just to take out some of my anger towards him!''.

Must be nice to be a journo and get paid to cut and paste.

Dan said it'd be nice if they mentioned the source now and again, so wish granted!

edit: this has been mentioned in the actual famous thread.

eagles2win said:
No such thing as bad publicity Dan it's all free publicity!

Fro said:
ask Craig Field before spouting stupid cliches like that.

Daniel said:
Well all publicity is good publicity. I am going to put in a contact to the SMH today letting them know that we are happy to comment should they require comment.

Made me chuckle.

<Edit: sorry, first part is racist and not welcome here>

HASLER thinking he'd be welcome at manly fans bbq - there must be a banner in this somewhere.

Daniel said:
Cam I have now read the post and if was certainly more tame than the phone calls I have fielded would otherwise suggest. However I would still suggest that the fact we were shown on the news is indicative that we each need to take care in the things we post and just think a little before we say some things.

Looks like the person who rang you may have an agenda??

Hey xxxx ??????

(cam use your brain: Fro)

For the record: I made no phone call to Dan about this issue nor do I have any inclination to. If it isn't obvious, I'm pretty much disengaging from these forums and will continue to do so. Dan is smart enough to make his own decisions about what he wants for the site, and I have other things in life to give my attention to these days.

The phone calls were not from any established members of the site, they were more outsiders

It's just abit rich Dan you came on here yesterday castigating posters for making the site look bad before you had read the thread or seen the ten news story. Now today your keen as mustard to contact
The smh if they want further comments.

Just my opinion.

how about the dog moron fans,they have a sign saying,bomb brooky,in this day and age,you dont say those things, wouldn't be surprised to see some flares at this game, wouldn't put it past them

Cameron said:
It's just abit rich Dan you came on here yesterday castigating posters for making the site look bad before you had read the thread or seen the ten news story. Now today your keen as mustard to contact
The smh if they want further comments.

Just my opinion.

Actually what I said was that it is a timely reminder to think about the content of your posts before posting them. I didn't say the content of the specific posts were bad.

And my comment on SMH was quite simply that I will be happy to make specific comment regarding any future articles. The reasoning for this is to remove the barrier and the opportunity for them to misquote as they did with lloydy. That is called "looking after your interests"

Your lack of comprehension is concerning

I'm not sure why people are bagging out the journo. I actually think it wasn't too bad a story. He was trying to illustrate how important the game is and despite the official word being that its just another game, that it means so much more to the sea eagles supporters.

master blaster said:
how about the dog moron fans,they have a sign saying,bomb brooky,in this day and age,you dont say those things, wouldn't be surprised to see some flares at this game, wouldn't put it past them

I actually find that banner quite funny. Just shows they have a sense of humor.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8