Starting 9 for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who will start at #9 in 2021

• Foran

• Cust

• Fainu

• Croker

• Docker-Clay

Results are only viewable after voting.
The 2007 game that @Ryan put up in another thread is well worth watching for the tactics.

It is Des at his best, using 3 playmakers Orford, Monaghan and Lyon. Monas is mostly dummy half but often first or second receiver on the 4th and 5th tackle, and he does a fair bit of kicking.

They bring Brett in to the attack regularly, with willow as a link player in the middle.

This is a blue print for dce, foran and schuster as 3 playmakers, with Tom and Jake. It is total attacking football with options.

Good play makers are essential...to excuse the bleeding obvious. We had DCE last year and no one else. Easy to tie down one. If Schuster develops like I think he may, Manly will have one of the best playmakers in the game in a year or two.

If he is anywhere near our top 30 it tells you all you need to know about our top 30 wouldn't get a game in a good pub team.

Why would we purge and replace the purged with at best equal players.
Levi would want 250k a year. ZDC would be happy on minimum wage. It's called balance to your squad. If you think he is that bad you must not have watched many games, he is a decent back up 14 on the cheap. No worse than a lot of players who have debuted this year

I still think we'd be better off with Cust, a former hooker, at dummy half, Foran at 5/8 and Schuster in the back row or at least off the bench.

Until (and if) Fainu returns. Then I would have Cust at #14, leave Foz at 5/8 and Schuster in the back row.

I still think we'd be better off with Cust, a former hooker, at dummy half, Foran at 5/8 and Schuster in the back row or at least off the bench.

Until (and if) Fainu returns. Then I would have Cust at #14, leave Foz at 5/8 and Schuster in the back row.

Have to disagree there. In my opinion Schuster will be a far better play maker than Foran based on what I've seen. He would be wasted in the forwards. Far too skilful. It would be like making Cliff Lyons a second rower. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me no coincidence that Fainu is not expected back until July and Foran was signed on a one year contract

Have to disagree there. In my opinion Schuster will be a far better play maker than Foran based on what I've seen. He would be wasted in the forwards. Far too skilful. It would be like making Cliff Lyons a second rower

It would also depend on how much Foran actually plays. The past 5 years don't exactly point to him playing the full season without being injured at some point.

It would also depend on how much Foran actually plays. The past 5 years don't exactly point to him playing the full season without being injured at some point.

I think playing only a percentage of the game as hooker would extend his playing life. Remember he's no longer the quicker, tough soldier we had a decade ago. He's still clever and as hooker he would do a Cam Smith role, and probably kept away from too much defence, which is likely to trouble his weakened injury areas.

This is an article on Zach from back in March. If we don't sign a hooker with NRL experience then sounds like a no-brainer to elevate him to the top squad for this year, even if just as insurance for Foz, Con and Crokes.

I think playing only a percentage of the game as hooker would extend his playing life. Remember he's no longer the quicker, tough soldier we had a decade ago. He's still clever and as hooker he would do a Cam Smith role, and probably kept away from too much defence, which is likely to trouble his weakened injury areas.

Defence in the middle would be a concern with both Foran and Cust. Not doubting their toughness, but Foran is always an injury concern and I don't think Cust is all that good a defender. I can see Jake making a lot more tackles until (and if) Fainu returns.

And as talented as Shoe is, I would still have Foran at 5/8, at least to start with. In this case I'd go for experience over youth. Shoe is still young, he has time to develop.

Don’t howl me down but as a fill in until the possible return of Fainu how about Nathan Peats ??

Yeah I know his best is way past him BUT is he better than Lachlan Croker ??

One year contract , transitional year , won’t win us a GF but at minimum $$$$??????

AND don’t just say no no no no come up with a viable alternative!!
would rather them:
  • chuck the book at tavaga / smith as short term option at hooker, long term lock
  • target chris randall from newcastle
  • target havili from raiders
  • target any of the young chooks hookers (lussick)
  • maybe even go for jake granville

Have to disagree there. In my opinion Schuster will be a far better play maker than Foran based on what I've seen. He would be wasted in the forwards. Far too skilful. It would be like making Cliff Lyons a second rower. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me no coincidence that Fainu is not expected back until July and Foran was signed on a one year contract
Foran now? Or Foran before? That's a big call. I think people forget Foran's ability sometimes. If Schuster ends up better than Foran then we are certainly in for a treat. Schuster definitely has all the skills and size to be a once in a generation player, let's hope he reaches that potential

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10