State of Origin Team Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
1. Edwards
2. ⁠too
3. ⁠turbo
4. ⁠latrell
5. ⁠fox
6. ⁠Wighton
7. ⁠Cleary
8. ⁠haas
9. ⁠api
10. ⁠Mitch Barnett
11. ⁠Haumole O
12. ⁠Cam Murray
13. ⁠Jake T
14. ⁠Reece Robson
15. ⁠RCG
16. ⁠Nathan Brown
17. ⁠Yeo

Here they go again these NSW Blues feathered friends of mine

As usual full of high hopes like hot air balloons before the SOO series start

and as Usual the Mighty Maroons bring them crashing down to earth
1713957779569.png

I do find our bias in terms of playing style interesting.

Like is output and effect on the game the most important thing or how they look doing it.

Martin is a fantastic player so this is no dig but Martin "runs hard" and Olakau'atu doesnt.

Olakau'atu averages 9m per hitup with 5 tackle busts a game.

Martin averages 7m per hitup with 1 tackle bust per game.

So again, are we happy for a player to be less effective when running as long as they give the perception of gusto??

Is it style over substance?
Valid point.

What's scary is how great Guac might be if he did hit the ball at speed.

You would think that average per hit up would be more like 16.

The Legendary Maroon Leader DCE
Feeling at home both in his Maroon QLD and Maroon Manly Jersey
1713965109861.png

ORIGIN CRUNCH

There’s every chance Manly will lose five players during State of Origin and do it tough during the gruelling period.

Daly Cherry-Evans will be named Queensland captain while Tom and Jake Trbojevic are certainties for the Blues.

I would also be picking edge forward Haumole Olakau’atu, who has been the former second-rower in the competition alongside Viliame Kikau.

You can throw in prop Taniela Paseka to come off the bench for the Blues, who have lost three of the past four series.

ORIGIN CRUNCH

There’s every chance Manly will lose five players during State of Origin and do it tough during the gruelling period.

Daly Cherry-Evans will be named Queensland captain while Tom and Jake Trbojevic are certainties for the Blues.

I would also be picking edge forward Haumole Olakau’atu, who has been the former second-rower in the competition alongside Viliame Kikau.

You can throw in prop Taniela Paseka to come off the bench for the Blues, who have lost three of the past four series.
Game 1 we have the bye, game 2 Bunnies (no Trell, Murray), game 3 Knights (probably full strength unless Frizz, Gagai or Best get picked out of the blue). Draw could be a lot worse.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8