• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Watching games on TV and seeing the tackle stats, always make me shake my head. How can a team have 20 possessions and the opposing team rack up 220 tackles? 20x6 tackles = 120 tackles maximum. I know this happens because every player in a tackle gets acknowledged but really, one tackle (or one play the ball) = 1.
I would be more interested in the tackle count reflecting times a team has been tackled which is made up of 1 man tackle, 2 man tackles, 3 man tackles and gang tackles.

Watching games on TV and seeing the tackle stats, always make me shake my head. How can a team have 20 possessions and the opposing team rack up 220 tackles? 20x6 tackles = 120 tackles maximum. I know this happens because every player in a tackle gets acknowledged but really, one tackle (or one play the ball) = 1.
I would be more interested in the tackle count reflecting times a team has been tackled which is made up of 1 man tackle, 2 man tackles, 3 man tackles and gang tackles.
NRL stats in general are pretty bland and basic. The level of published analytics is terrible - there are no what you would call "advanced stats".

Something I've been interested in is stuff like offload metres gained and things like that. The NRL just counts "Offloads" as a positive stat but not all offloads are equal. A player that offloads into a situation where another player makes metres out of it is obviously better than when a tackled player gets an arm loose and just chucks and the team loses 10 metres (AKA The Watmough). Yet both just register a "1" on the offload and everyone moves on.

NRL stats in general are pretty bland and basic. The level of published analytics is terrible - there are no what you would call "advanced stats".

Something I've been interested in is stuff like offload metres gained and things like that. The NRL just counts "Offloads" as a positive stat but not all offloads are equal. A player that offloads into a situation where another player makes metres out of it is obviously better than when a tackled player gets an arm loose and just chucks and the team loses 10 metres (AKA The Watmough). Yet both just register a "1" on the offload and everyone moves on.
Good point. As you say, the Offload stat should really be total offloads, consisting of positive offloads ie >1metre gained and negative offloads ie < 1 metre gained or loss of possession.

Good point. As you say, the Offload stat should really be total offloads, consisting of positive offloads ie >1metre gained and negative offloads ie < 1 metre gained or loss of possession.
Also kicks dead v kicks that gain point or a repeat set... So many things they could do. You'd imagine player managers would want to arm themselves with these stats when negotiating. You want to quantify your players worth.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8