Steve Matai reveals his NRL future up in the air

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Steve Matai is playing his 200th game for the Sea Eagles against Penrith on Sunday but his longer term playing future remains uncertain.

When asked about his future amid continuing speculation yesterday the blockbusting back was reluctant to comment.

Read More

Steve Matai is playing his 200th game for the Sea Eagles against Penrith on Sunday but his longer term playing future remains uncertain.

When asked about his future amid continuing speculation yest
218939-steve-matai1.jpg
erday the blockbusting back was reluctant to comment.

"I didn't want to answer any questions about contracts but it is still up in the air." Matai said when pressed.

"We'll see how it goes."

He brushed aside any further questions on the subject as effectively as he does would be defenders on the field.

It has been reported that the Warriors had made a massive offer to lure Matai back to New Zealand for the next three seasons.

The matter appeared to be over after a statement from Warroirs CEO Wayne Scurrah.

"We only focus on players we know are available," he said.

"Steve is under contract until the end of next season so that's just not an option for us."

And last month Matai's manager Gavin Orr told the Manly Daily talks were due start extending his deal with Manly until the end of 2017.

Fullback Brett Stewart produced a classic sidestep when asked about his plans.

"Look at this point in time I am still contracted here at Manly," Stewart said. "That's all I am saying. I won't be talking about it."

When asked about the club's management, Stewart said: "I won't be commenting on that."
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/steve-matai-reveals-his-nrl-future-up-in-the-air/story-fngr8iii-1227040403141

I hope it all gets sorted soon, as my arms are getting tired from catching this falling sky all the time!

globaleagle said:
I hope it all gets sorted soon, as my arms are getting tired from catching this falling sky all the time!

But I thought you had really impressive guns GE? Just hold the sky up and save the world.:D

Ohhh FFS. Can someone also report on how many of the other 15 NRL club's player's futures aren't decided for 2016 onwards. Would I hazard a guess at about 200. This is just ridiculous. How is this even a news story. Do fans of the other clubs even bother reading this sort of sht. It's a nothing story full of nothing facts. The guy's manager is in negotiations and a decision will be made.

mickqld said:
Ohhh FFS. Can someone also report on how many of the other 15 NRL club's player's futures aren't decided for 2016 onwards. Would I hazard a guess at about 200. This is just ridiculous. How is this even a news story. Do fans of the other clubs even bother reading this sort of sht. It's a nothing story full of nothing facts. The guy's manager is in negotiations and a decision will be made.

211 according to zero tackle.

voicefromthehill said:
mickqld said:

211 according to zero tackle.
Wow 200 was a good guess.

niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

But I thought you had really impressive guns GE? Just hold the sky up and save the world.:D

for the record, I keep my guns in my belly - just so no one is surprised if they ever meet me!

:cool:

Jatz Crackers said:
Too late, we all know the sky has fallen because the ozone layer is corroding Niccis toenail polish.
Toenail's have feelings, you know. Mine are now upset.:D

globaleagle said:
niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

for the record, I keep my guns in my belly - just so no one is surprised if they ever meet me!

:cool:

So it WASN'T a gun in your pocket when you saw niccipops then?

niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

Skyhooks - Horror Movie - Right there on my TV - It's the 6.30 news.

Kind of appropriate.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6