Steve Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing we need to take into account as well is they now target choc and try to rake it out at every opportunity which usually results in him dropping it and 9 times out of 10 because he is known for it, it goes against him.

I saw one on the weekend where it was a pretty clear strip and another where he didn't even drop the ball and he got called.

Warriors just kept getting their hands on it every time they tackled choc and it lead to him dropping it.

The times he drops it cold are not excusable though

another example of a player whose contract is up for renegotiation  ::)

You know who was the best at it: Mark Viduka: I remember him scoring 4 goals against Liverpool (i think) just before his contract ran out, re-signed on  even bigger bikkies and then lost form at Newcastle United  :)

gday dsm5, its a tough call but why such a turn around in attitude and form, yes, it could have been an injury but I'm just worried that he will get injured again!! He is going great but there is a whole season ahead. And with Brett being a possible liability next year coming back from 2 major reco's, if we sign matai on big dough and gets injured we are stuffed in the backline with huge dollars tied up on 2 guys sitting on the sideline!!

I don't think it is any turn around in attitude Darren, even when the side is going poorly he is 1 bloke you always see putting in and doing the hard work imo

Matai will never be a big dough player, but he should be a solid money player and at his age it is perfect for a centre with the experience gained over 4-5 years of 1st grade

gday Kiwi, last year he didn't seem as near interested as compared to these few opening games. Definitely injuries would sap your enthusiasm. You are right, real solid centre, making much better choices in defence this year, maybe a 2 year deal is probably best way to go. 

Watmough is a certainty for Origin 1 because of what he did to Qld in Game 3 last year.  The media will demand it.  Might be a different story for Game 2 if he plays for NSW like he has for us so far this year.  Kite will not be picked for origin unless there are 10 injuries to the props in front of him in Bellamy's mind.

billyjack link said:
Matai has been great so far!!!can anyone remember the last time he played 4 games in a row without clutching his neck/shoulder???? 4years atleast!

Not too worried bout choc yet,he never hits form til 5 to 7 weeks into the season..remember some ppl wanted him benched or relegated to qld b4 he went on his rampage

Its just that we haven't needed the extra slow down in the play the ball, or maybe he missed the signal from the coaching staff.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6