Stop Your Moaning Manly You Got Exactly What You Deserved!?!?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/1...-you-deserved/comment-page-6/#comment-5782982

I can't believe this article written by a so called expert would say such garbage and then try to justify it with stats and bull****.
discuss and please do as I have and goto roar.com and rip him to shreds.
oh by the way he is happy to say the uate try cost the Knights but not the dwz try that was never a try or the penalty count which was 14-4 and 9-2 in the 1st half.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/1...-you-deserved/comment-page-6/#comment-5782982

I can't believe this article written by a so called expert would say such garbage and then try to justify it with stats and bull****.
discuss and please do as I have and goto roar.com and rip him to shreds.
oh by the way he is happy to say the uate try cost the Knights but not the dwz try that was never a try or the penalty count which was 14-4 and 9-2 in the 1st half.
The article has some merit

Tim Gore - your a troll! You can stick your article where the sun doesn't shine. Guess what now Manly hate you. Have a nice life writing lifestyle articles which only bored housewives will read when they are on the toilet as no one can consider you impartial and creditable.

Bull**** tim, doesn't make up for the "try" for the panthers and the 7 or so incorrect penalties awarded to them as well as the fact they were offside the whole night and did just what we did yet only gave away 4 penalties, absolute bull****

I don't see him reference the try awarded even though a player took it off his own player from in front of him. I was furious at the game, but have since got over it. I think it's a good loss to have as the boys will be burning about it

So, giving away penalties is a deliberate Manly tactic.
NSW must have copied it in SOOII.
Good tactic, eh. To be successful you give away penalties.
Problem is, both NSW and Manly lost.

Manly average 7.2 penalties therefore 14 is justified because Perewanker blows the whistle more, about 2:1. So by this muppets logic Penrith would have also given away twice the penalties.

So is he really saying penrith average just 2 penalties per match?

14704.png

Tim Gore
Tim has been an NRL statistician for ABC Radio Grandstand since last Thursday, primarily because he couldn't get a real job. Tim has no personality,no sporting ability and absolutely no dick whatsoever. Tim is a world class wanker who has no life . Follow Tim on Twitter.

So, giving away penalties is a deliberate Manly tactic.
NSW must have copied it in SOOII.
Good tactic, eh. To be successful you give away penalties.
Problem is, both NSW and Manly lost.
Well going by what he wrote and his analysis, it works the majority of the time and that is why both Melbourne and Manly are up the top of the ladder. This time when you add in the home ground advantage, Perenara being the ref (who awards way more penalties than other refs) and both Trbojevic and Sironen being out, the penalty count against Manly was bound to increase. He did not consider any issues such as the DWZ no try as these happened during the game and were not based purely on stats that could have been looked at before the game.

Manly average 7.2 penalties therefore 14 is justified because Perewanker blows the whistle more, about 2:1. So by this muppets logic Penrith would have also given away twice the penalties.

So is he really saying penrith average just 2 penalties per match?
Well said Fluffy . Good to see you using his own method of statistics and proving that he is a goose
Perenara blew his whistle so hard he had diarrhea spray in his under pants as this journalist is also full of sh*t .
images.jpg

There are so manly holes in this analysis it's funny. Beware idiots wielding stats who don't know what they're talking about.

He says Manly are one of three of the most heavily penalised teams in the comp. If you look at the counts on average the opposing side gets 10 to 20 percent more penalties than us. In this game it was just short of 400 percent. Bit of a difference do you think?

He then makes a completely unsubstantiated claim that the higher rate of penalties is cos we deliberately give away penalties in our own quarter. Where is the evidence for this? I watch all our games and don't see this, but he seems to think this is a big reason for us winning. It would more likely be a reason for us to give away more tries because repeated defensive sets on your own line kills a team. Bath**** crazy.

He then says another reason for our loss was missing the defence of jake and sirro, when we only let in one try. The other was a no try from a kick. WTF?.

Finally he contradicts himself by saying that Perrinara blows lots of penalties in games and was influenced by the home crowd. Precisely Manly's gripe you prat!

The whole article is a joke made worse by the smug attitude of the writer.

He then makes a completely unsubstantiated claim that the higher rate of penalties is cos we deliberately give away penalties in our own quarter
Yes that is certainly Myth #1.
You would need a breakdown of where the penalties occurred if you wanted anyone to take that theory seriously.
On the contrary, I can distinctly recall many penalties against Manly this season are giving the opposition a leg-up out of their own area when we are pummeling them. How does this statistical genius explain that as a deliberate tactic?!
More likely, the top teams are usually penalised by the refs in a subconscious effort to give the losers a fighting chance!

Well going by what he wrote and his analysis, it works the majority of the time and that is why both Melbourne and Manly are up the top of the ladder. This time when you add in the home ground advantage, Perenara being the ref (who awards way more penalties than other refs) and both Trbojevic and Sironen being out, the penalty count against Manly was bound to increase. He did not consider any issues such as the DWZ no try as these happened during the game and were not based purely on stats that could have been looked at before the game.
This disaster should never have happened which is why I partially blame Barrett for this.
He should have watched how Souths butchered this team the previous week and given the team the same blueprint to attack straight up the middle with a simple possession focussed game plan. Instead Manly got caught up in the neurotic nonsense that is the Penrith modus operandi.
Barrett did a poor job to let Manly get caught up in that nonsense. I stopped bothering to cheer after 50 minutes because I knew he let Penrith get in their heads. The game was already over.
NYEagle

As everyone knows, the strategy of giving away penalties works when it is early in the penalty count and on your own line.

From the best of my recollection, a lot of Penrith's penalties we piggy backs out of their own end and/or given late in the tackle count.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8