Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
40 Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

They are way too good at milking penalties and slowing down the ruck. Refs don't notice whenever we get hit in the head like Garrick or Walker

We make too many stupid errors and DCE relies on low percentage options like the flick pass to no-one or the attempt at the 40/20 which has come off maybe once in the last 10 attempts. Part of making the magic happen is knowing when not to attempt it

Tom looked out of it like in SoO 3, like he was injured or shellshocked or dazed

Our side is too inexperienced, Harper was not ready, Schuster was crap

That was just F$$ked

Storm absolutely destroyed Turbo and made him look silly.

Des and the club are going to have a good hard look at themselves we are so far off winning a title.

Very hard to watch

Summary of this game is pretty straight forward. Melbourne played the 6 again rule like a fiddle holding down tackles 1 & 2 knowing it meant very little if they got pinged. This allowed them to not give up momentum at all and dominate possession and field possession.

The young future of Manly got rattled by Melbourne and got sucked into the niggle. They never recovered and all had horrid games (excluding Saab).

Tom was completely contained by rushing his outside taking away his support and ability to skip to the outside then had the defence slide in on him.

I hope the young guys learn from this and learn quick. Otherwise it's out the backdoor next week.

They are bigger, tougher, harder, stronger and more skillful than us, unfortunately.

They also have the best coach in the game.
Maybe just maybe Melb know what they are doing and much less to do with cheating the cap, slowing down the ruck or having the Big 4,3,2,1.

I wonder what the new excuse will be.

Ah well slowly people will realise and start to move on, probably not lol.

Going to be too much wrist slashing here tonight it’s all DCE fault Tom phoning it in too soft fmd fact is we were lucky it’s the worst comp for years and there always were only 2 in it much like 2007 and 2008. We will be better for this in the future either in coming weeks or next year

Yep, can’t see us winning next week , the wind has been knocked out of their sails big time.

A great learning experience for the youngsters, just like 2006.
Given that we'll probably be playing a busted Roosters I'd say we're a good shot to play the Panthers in week 3. That will be the real test.

Ironically, if the Eels keep their form up they might be able to upset the Storm in week 3, if we upset the Panthers it could end up being a Manly Parra GF.

Big ifs though after that garbage fire of a performance.

Summary of this game is pretty straight forward. Melbourne played the 6 again rule like a fiddle holding down tackles 1 & 2 knowing it meant very little if they got pinged. This allowed them to not give up momentum at all and dominate possession and field possession.

The young future of Manly got rattled by Melbourne and got sucked into the niggle. They never recovered and all had horrid games (excluding Saab).

Tom was completely contained by rushing his outside taking away his support and ability to skip to the outside then had the defence slide in on him.

I hope the young guys learn from this and learn quick. Otherwise it's out the backdoor next week.
They’ll learn , but not by next week.

This will hurt big time , BIG time .

Redemption will come , but just like the 2005-2008 period it’ll take a few years.

Maybe just maybe Melb know what they are doing and much less to do with cheating the cap, slowing down the ruck or having the Big 4,3,2,1.

I wonder what the new excuse will be.

Ah well slowly people will realise and start to move on, probably not lol.

I do feel the ref played a part in allowing The Storm to control the ruck, especially on tackles one and two, and that set the theme.

But yeah, we got out coached tonight. We got out played. What's disappointing, is we are much better than that, but we had too many players not putting in.

Well that’s what happens when you don’t have any form against top 4 sides going into finals. We were crap the last 3 weeks and just got schooled by a side who have composure and finals intensity. We lacked leadership and our attack was just panicky and hoping for miracle plays. Des will need to work hard to turn this around. We will lose next week if we play like this again. Very poor.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8