Stripping The Ball Question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Ryan

Journey Man
I've been having an issue accepting that strip on DCE as the right call.

Matterson has a shot at stripping it in an attempt at tackling DCE, drops off, Tupou then has a shot at tackling, hits, thendrops off as DCE steps away from him into Mitchell, who, as the third attempted tackler rakes it away and scores.

I supplement that with they were never on DCE at the same time.

Was that a fair try, or no?

Could've gone either way that one, the first attempted tackle was a glancing head shot too. I vote we call it even as tanginoa interfered with Napa in Lewis Browns try and they could've taken that off us which was a way more crucial try in the context of the game

If there is only one player on him i think its a fair call.

It was poor ball security from DCE but he did well up until that point. Only a couple of cm away from being a 7 tackle set. It happens to the best of them

What happens if all three were on, two drop entirely, THEN the third strips the ball?

The rule shoukd be that if an opposition defender makes contact, then the attacking player is considered in the process of being tackled.

If a defender falls off at any point after that, well too bad.

Cuts out any shades of grey. Black and white then.

Same here. I thought the rule was second man in cant even if dropped off. Its been penalised so often its scarred into my brain. Then this yesterday came out of the blue

I have to presume a rule change. The NRL constantly change rules and the demise of its fans and its game. I have to think the NRL sees confusion of all as a better prospect than fans who know they have been screwed

Maybe it had something to do with cherries inside shoulder, facing an opponenets goal line at the time of impact,rendering the line incosequential in the outcome. This with the sun being over his left shoulder and 2 roosters players coming to the ground in levi jeans means a try can be called. But only if the onfield adjudicator refrains from the waterslide posture before sending it upstairs in morse code, in the bunkers coffee break. All memebers of the bunker must be sharing scotch finger biscuits, split evenly between 3

Then its a try every day of the week my fellow poster.

Here's the rule from the NRL website. No two Rooster players had their hands on DCE at the same time so I guess the ruling was correct.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.56.01 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.56.01 pm.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 18
if you can grab a hold of a rip of it with Fox commentary, i think the commentators did a pretty good explanation of it at the time. I don't want to misquote what i think I heard and add more confusion by trying to explain here, but to me it made sense when they went through it and was a correct call.

I think that a player, whose intention is only to strip the ball and never to tackle the carrier should be penalized @:cool:

It's a bad look for the game when grown men just wrestle over a game ball :cool:

Learn to tackle and knock the ball out like a league player :wait:

i agree in the end that it is the ball carriers responsibility to hold the ball.

In saying that, the rule is poor where there is 2 in the tackle and one drops off (therefore 1 on 1) and they get penalised for then stealing the ball.

Its should be open slather.

If you cant hold on to it properly you lose. I have no sympathy for DCE or anyone has it taken from them.

bob, with 3, 110kg footballers with arms like Kapow holding you up whilst one pulls the arm holding the ball away from the body and the other two grab the ball ... it is a contest no ball carrier can win.

bob, with 3, 110kg footballers with arms like Kapow holding you up whilst one pulls the arm holding the ball away from the body and the other two grab the ball ... it is a contest no ball carrier can win.
perhaps this can be one exception to the 'no punching' rule.
A rule that sort of reads like 'Ball strippee is allowed to punch to the face of the ball stripper, but only whilst the ball stripping is in progress'
see there can be great solutions to all problems.....

Here's the rule from the NRL website. No two Rooster players had their hands on DCE at the same time so I guess the ruling was correct.
that is such a lame rule, it doesn't even define what constitutes a strip (or steal as the case may be)

I'm still scratching my head as top why Kaufusi was allowed at least 5 big reefs of the ball last week when stealing from Wright...surely a steal is only one attempt?? Happy to see the rule that explains this one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8