Strong up front in 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
1. Stewart
2. Oldfield
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Wolfman/Whare
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. T-Rex
13. Stewart
Res: Mauro, Buhrer, Joe, Lussick
So is this our likely 17 to start next year then? Seems a little light on the backrow side of things. Will be eager to see how Harrison turns out.

No way is the backrow a weakness. Still a huge strength of ours. I would like to see more minutes for Buhrer. He barely got any time in the second half of the season but he seems all quality.

Agree and would also love to see Buhrer get more time on the field.

If our backrow is weak where does that leave the other teams? Our entire backrow has just been selected for the Kangaroos!

Moops said:
DSM5 said:
All good for the future. You know if you were a young up and comer you'd be mad not to try to get to Manly. We win a GF every decade, so if you're good enough you win a ring. It must be horrible to be a good footballer in a crap team.

Gallen must be kicking himself as he was close to signing with us at the end of 2007 I think...

Another signature our supposedly great CEO at the time couldn't secure when chasing a replacement for BK. Thankfully he didn't because otherwise Gifty might have never gotten a chance.

Masked Eagle said:
Moops said:
DSM5 said:
All good for the future. You know if you were a young up and comer you'd be mad not to try to get to Manly. We win a GF every decade, so if you're good enough you win a ring. It must be horrible to be a good footballer in a crap team.

Gallen must be kicking himself as he was close to signing with us at the end of 2007 I think...

Another signature our supposedly great CEO at the time couldn't secure when chasing a replacement for BK. Thankfully he didn't because otherwise Gifty might have never gotten a chance.

How many was there ?? i`m fukn glad we got none of them we won without an addition to the forwards after BK.. let me see 1st it was luke o`donnell then they chased toupo , Gallen, Pritchard.. thank god we got neither we played in 3GF`s since that time without their help..

Ben Creagh was on the list too ............pfft i just rememberd

jjai said:
Masked Eagle said:
Moops said:
DSM5 said:

How many was there ?? i`m fukn glad we got none of them we won without an addition to the forwards after BK.. let me see 1st it was luke o`donnell then they chased toupo , Gallen, Pritchard.. thank god we got neither we played in 3GF`s since that time without their help..

Ben Creagh was on the list too ............pfft i just rememberd

Toupo! What a great career decision that was to choose the Sharks over the Eagles... idiot!

Our biggest loss next year is Hoppa. His finishing and ability under the high ball were great. But his consistent 150+ metres per game, including the hard yards, is freakish for a winger. Effectively another forward. Adapt to that loss & it's likely nothing will stop us.

HappilyManly said:
Rose has to go back to his 2007 weight, as this year we never saw his famous side step.
If anything, his weight shot up near the end of the year and impacted his getting back onside etc.

Great talent not being realized.

Agree 100% I've been disappointed with him this year and surprised that Des has allowed him to pile on the kilos.

Rex said:
Our biggest loss next year is Hoppa. His finishing and ability under the high ball were great. But his consistent 150+ metres per game, including the hard yards, is freakish for a winger. Effectively another forward. Adapt to that loss & it's likely nothing will stop us.

We'll definitely miss his yardage. People talk about his pass as the big play in the GF but several times coming out of our own end he was taking 2 hits ups in a set of six and making good metres. That was his biggest contribution to the result.

remember wolfie is dynamic at kick returns etc so fingers crossed he will be okay for some part of 2012

I think you will find that Des will be putting a lot of work into Whare and Oldfield for next season. They will build up strength for hit ups as well as bomb catching and I reckon those 2 will be our big improvers for next year. Fingers crossed that Wolf comes back to his best because another season on the sidelines for him could see the end of his playing days at Manly.

DSM5 said:
Lyon is the key to our prospects in 2012. He was, along with Glenn, simply our best all year. Great captain, great defender and a real thinker on the park.

Spot on DSM

Thye 2011 training regime had a huge influence on our performances this year and it shows that nothing beats a good old fashionedoff season flogging by Donny Singe

a fully recovered Wolfman will help us no end next year.

We wont miss hoppa on the wing we will miss his versatiltiy to play centre wing and fullback.

Ben Farrar does cover this. God I wish robbo was staying.

Oldfield and whare can also cover full back/centre/wings and will improve no end next year

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6