Stuart, at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

What is with this whinger? He's off again blaming the refs for NSW's loss. Sure the Dugan tackle in the air should have been penalized, but isn't this the same coach who abused some poor English ref for a loss and was forced to apologise? He should man up and take the blow for choosing dud players. And from where I sat the pass from Pearce to Dugan WAS forward. None of the so-called reffing decisions had an impact on the winning of the game. And the Uate strip was legit because the second man in the tackle had slipped off. Stuart just can't hack losing. He abuses refs, abandons losing teams and now this. He's just such a poor excuse as a man.

You must have been standing at some weird angle to determine that pass was forward. All the camera angles including shots from above showed otherwise.

David, you must be a QLDer. No NSW fan would ever say that was a forward pass or that even the refs had a fair game. There was a lot of holding down by the QLD team especially Smith. The penalties mentioned were dead set penalties not interpretations on the rule. How they could call a forward pass is really questionable and the coach would not be doing his job if the did not question the referees boss. The coach is there to get every advantage he can for his team and that includes putting pressure on the referees or clarifying any questions. Sticky is doing exactly what he needs to do. He did not raise the issue on the night but the next day when the dust is settling. He did the right thing.

A player running forward passes the ball flat and it naturally drifts forward with the momentum. The longer the pass, the further it floats forward. That is NOT a forward pass.

If the player continued running two metres forward in the time it took for the pass to be caught, then the pass could drift two metres forward, and not be a forward pass.

From my recollection Pearce was moving forward, it was a huge pass in distance, and the start and finish points of the ball in distance from the tryline were equivalent. Not a forward pass. Seems the crowd's roar intimidated the officials into a very poor reaction.

The Dugan not-tackled-in-the-air decision was dumbfounding. And it was definitely a two-in-the-tackle strip on Uate which led to their try.

But you'd hope Stuart's prime attention is focused on changing the go-forward up the middle of the ruck, and the kicking game, not on the refereeing blunders. What the referees got right IMO was not falling for players milking penalties. I'd penalise repeat offenders for poor acting.

Another Stuart hater. And that's fine, until you have a rant about him doing his job. As NSW coach, as if he isn't going to question dodgy calls. I was furious with them. The second tackler had not fallen off the Uate tackle. As you can see on the back page of the tele this morning. The inference is not that it directly resulted in a loss but that Qld Scored off repeat sets when the pressure was continually on.

We made about 369 tackles. 84 more than QLD. This is because of repeat sets and that is why we lost the game.

Also, refering to the team as duds is stupid. The Tele states that we as a team missed 8 tackles. We lost by 4 points. Pretty good for a dud team.

davidsheehan said:
What is with this whinger? He's off again blaming the refs for NSW's loss. Sure the Dugan tackle in the air should have been penalized, but isn't this the same coach who abused some poor English ref for a loss and was forced to apologise? He should man up and take the blow for choosing dud players. And from where I sat the pass from Pearce to Dugan WAS forward. None of the so-called reffing decisions had an impact on the winning of the game. And the Uate strip was legit because the second man in the tackle had slipped off. Stuart just can't hack losing. He abuses refs, abandons losing teams and now this. He's just such a poor excuse as a man.

It doesnt matter if the 2nd man slips off,learn the rules before you presume to talk about them

a 1 man tackle is determined by the maximum number of players involved at any one time,if its 1 your free to strip

Stuart is just doing his best with the refs to make sure that NSW receive the home town decisions next game. No different to what fulton used to do when he was coach

The Eagle said:
davidsheehan said:
And the Uate strip was legit because the second man in the tackle had slipped off.

It doesnt matter if the 2nd man slips off,learn the rules before you presume to talk about them

a 1 man tackle is determined by the maximum number of players involved at any one time,if its 1 your free to strip

Owned by Shane......

there is a first time for everything :)

I thought the Ref's were shocking as the game was unfolding, NSW did get the short end of the stick. QLD got away with a multitude of forward passes. That being said i think NSW would have lost anyway.

I saw it as neither forward nor back, just sideways. And those reffing blunders were quite blatant, but they weren't the only ones.

Really NSW can look to the lack of cover for Smith's kick, Thurston had enough time to have a few goes at it and there was no-one there from NSW at all. And, most importantly, Morris and Dugan both deciding to be spectators when Yow Yeh was acting like a player. Apart from that, not much in it, Qld a better team but NSW hardly disgraced.

So sorry to upset so many NSW supporters. The roar from the crowd at Pearce's obvious forward pass was so.... because it was forward. It didn't drift forward, it was thrown forward. Pearce wasn't moving when he threw it. Get over yourselves. And it wasn't an illegal strip. Uate was still moving forward as the second man had slipped off the tackle and he was only being held by Thurston. In that situation Thurston had every right to strip the ball. Thanks Shane. It's only an illegal strip if two tacklers are touching the ball carrier. Sure Stuart is doing his job. He's the primary whinger, besides Bird, in the team so fair enough. I guess his job is to whinge.

"Thanks Shane. It's only an illegal strip if two tacklers are touching the ball carrier."

Wrong, but i'll leave it to Shane to tell you that :)

davidsheehan said:
So sorry to upset so many NSW supporters. The roar from the crowd at Pearce's obvious forward pass was so.... because it was forward. It didn't drift forward, it was thrown forward.

Have you seen the overhead shot??? Did you hear all the QLD'ers on the footy show say that decision was a disgrace last night??? Mate you are a bloody idiot. No offense. :p

davidsheehan said:
So sorry to upset so many NSW supporters. The roar from the crowd at Pearce's obvious forward pass was so.... because it was forward. It didn't drift forward, it was thrown forward. Pearce wasn't moving when he threw it. Get over yourselves. And it wasn't an illegal strip. Uate was still moving forward as the second man had slipped off the tackle and he was only being held by Thurston. In that situation Thurston had every right to strip the ball. Thanks Shane. It's only an illegal strip if two tacklers are touching the ball carrier. Sure Stuart is doing his job. He's the primary whinger, besides Bird, in the team so fair enough. I guess his job is to whinge.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59914/peter-sterling-why-our-strip-rule-needs-an-overhaul/default.aspx

Thanks for playing Champ,next you can argue that a defending player can be tackled in the air without penalty by law instead of just refereeing blunder (YES IM LOOKING AT YOU QLD)

In the end its a bit of a joke anyway,they won and we lost,again
That said i think they got a good rub of the green,not that they needed it all that much

There were three tacklers around Uate, one of which was Thurston. He got to him first and stripped the ball before the other two had touched him, hense no penalty. If however those others had laid a hand on Uate, and Thurston had stripped the ball, as he did, then the penalty would have been awarded. End of story. Watch it on slo-mo. They hadn't fallen off him, just not tackled him. And I'm impervious to insults, and I never take anything personally. And yes, I have seen an overhead shot of Pearce's 'pass'. It was forward. Marginal... but clearly forward. Sorry guys. Stuart has a history of never accepting responsibility for his actions.

741302-ricky-stuart.jpg

I'm over it all now as the game's done and dusted, but to say that the second tackler had slipped off and Thurston was the only one holding Uate?

Ask most league fans and they'll tell you that Des is the biggest whinger of all the coaches. What annoys me is that (usually) opposition fans take what they read or see in tv reports as a coach 'demanding' a response to why their team had dud calls when in reality you watch the whole press conference and it's a passing comment from the coach:

"Will you talk to Bill about that incident, Des?"
"I'll be giving him a call to get his view on the tackle, yes"
equals
"Manly coach demands NRL explanation over controversial ruling"

Isn't it a good thing a coach wants to get the official reasoning so maybe he can get his players to adjust so it doesn't happen in the future?
The job of papers is to appease fans from both sides - your side, make it look like the coach does the right thing by his team. Opposition side - whinger.

davidsheehan. I ask this in the nicest possible way. Are you a f***en moron? In your first post you say the second tackler slipped off and in your last you say he wasn't in the tackle yet? Which one is it?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6