Stuart Davis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nuts

Does anyone know if Stuart Davis is still alive? Been watching some footage of the winger and he was the smallest winger I've ever seen but manged to hold his position and win a GF in 87.
He didn't seem fast or be great under the high ball but must of been good at finishing tries off.

remember watching on the goldcoast at the old ground. i think in part protest of not getting any ball, and in part charachter, he would follow the game up the field and then sit down on the wing as if bored. not just sit mind you, more of a laze

Davis scores the best try at the death, I have ever heard commentated on radio....Frank Hyde lost his voice the last 50 metres as Davis raced down the sideline....old Frank was that excited the voice was fading....I was almost there live!!
From memory came back to draw 10-10 against Newtown

He was not slow but wasn't grease lightning either.
The bug was incredibly elusive.
Built like a strand of spaghetti he could swerve and twist his way through a gap.
Incredibly reliable and a great finisher, I bloody hope he's still alive, he'd only be in his 50s.

Davis scores the best try at the death, I have ever heard commentated on radio....Frank Hyde lost his voice the last 50 metres as Davis raced down the sideline....old Frank was that excited the voice was fading....I was almost there live!!
From memory came back to draw 10-10 against Newtown
I reckon I was at that game maxta. I remember being at a game at Henson Park and Eadie missed a conversion right in front to win the game. Score finished 10 all.

He's alive - regular poster on here in fact. He won the tipping comp in 2016 too.

Shout out to @Stuey Davis Socks - how you travelling mate ??
Hey C&C all good here, still breathing and I hope the real Stuey D is too.

I always admired Stuey for holding his own in far more illustrious and glamorous company, and was a bit of a character to boot as mentioned above. Doubt he'd get anywhere near first grade these day with his body type though, which is a bit sad.

P.s. I also managed to take out a very early Silvertails tipping comp back in the noughties - can't remember which year. It seems the winners pre-2015 are lost somewhere in the mists of time.

Ole Stuart the bug Davis . Probably the weak link in our backline , but you wouldn't know from the stars he had inside him . Finished off some great tries .

Does anyone know if Stuart Davis is still alive? Been watching some footage of the winger and he was the smallest winger I've ever seen but manged to hold his position and win a GF in 87.
He didn't seem fast or be great under the high ball but must of been good at finishing tries off.
Stu's gift was blending in with the sidelines as he was the same width, but super fast :p

Stuey would be 57 this year I think. We used to call him "the bug" and "stringbean" 40 years ago. Was a good guy and his talent was his elusiveness. He wasn't fast but he stepped of both feet.
Another of the "ciggy at oranges" guys like Cliffy.

I reckon I was at that game maxta. I remember being at a game at Henson Park and Eadie missed a conversion right in front to win the game. Score finished 10 all.
That was it mate - right down to the unfortunate miss from the almighty Wombat.....if anyone can somehow get that commentary would love to relive it !!

That was it mate - right down to the unfortunate miss from the almighty Wombat.....if anyone can somehow get that commentary would love to relive it !!
I was directly behind the goal posts for the kick, only to see it sail straight off the outside of Eadie's boot. Never looked like kicking it.

He had excellent timing, and would accelerate on to the ball. There are some skills like that which are different from pure speed. Blokes like oudenryn who were really fast but had no footy skills didn’t do as well.

There was an easts player who was reportedly the fastest in the game (forget his name now) who rarely knew how to put himself in the right position to score.

I think in that 87 premiership year that the bug was injured for a while and came back through reserve grade. In his return reserve grade game he scored about 3 tries and was a class above. He always seemed pretty fast to me live.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4