"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whatever anyone thinks of Slater he is one of the finest fullbacks I've seen. Yes he can be grubby, however I have respect for the guy after the incident with David Williams........was the first one to call a halt to play, held Williams' head on his lap as he lay motionless & unable to move whilst waiting for assistance.....showed he cared for a fellow player! Good enough for me........

Whatever anyone thinks of Slater he is one of the finest fullbacks I've seen. Yes he can be grubby, however I have respect for the guy after the incident with David Williams........was the first one to call a halt to play, held Williams' head on his lap as he lay motionless & unable to move whilst waiting for assistance.....showed he cared for a fellow player! Good enough for me........
Low bar

I hate that cat

But if you remember that period he was at his grubbiest and one of the most hated in the league.
That was a publicity stunt. If you watch all his games he always does 2 or 3 grubby things that other players would get penalised or suspended for.

But if you remember that period he was at his grubbiest and one of the most hated in the league.
That was a publicity stunt. If you watch all his games he always does 2 or 3 grubby things that other players would get penalised or suspended for.
Publicity stunt? Don't think so mate! He was also one of the first to check on him after the match! Anyway we all have our own opinions so fair enough.

5 mins after Slaters incident with Wolfman he put a forearm into the head of a player who has just been on the end of a spear tackle

He kicked John Skandalis in the head. When coming back from that suspension, he elbowed a player in the head and sat out some more time

He is a low ****

Publicity stunt? Don't think so mate! He was also one of the first to check on him after the match! Anyway we all have our own opinions so fair enough.
I also remember from 08 to 2010 if any player would score a try in the corner you would be coping 2 boots to the head by slater as he would come sliding in.
He did it for 2 years before copping an official warning from the league.
Being hit with a feather in other words.

It's beyond me how anyone can defend slater, cam smith and bellamys grubby tactics on and off the field unless you haven't watched much footy or are a die hard storm supporter

It's no coincidence those grubs are bagged by current and ex players.

Last edited:

Give me a break - what player wouldn't have done the same, given the situation - fmd!

Spot on.
The bloke knows when to look good for the cameras and the Wolfman bit was his opportunity to make out like he is a normal human being. If there were no cameras around he would have probably stood on Wolfmans head...

I'll never forget the time he gave his croissant/coffee to a homeless man on his way to training - what a champion. He had to publish it on social media though just so everyone knew what a champion he was... Makes you wonder if he didn't have his phone on him that morning whether he would have bothered to give his croissant away... I highly doubt it.
Wow, did he really do that???? Unbelievable! People who shout out to everyone about the good deeds they do are the ones I trust the least. I prefer an arsehole who is comfortable being who he is than a person who shines the light on anything good that they do as a way of deflecting people away from seeing them for what they really are.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8