Sunia Turuva

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I really rate this bloke and think he is only going to get better, very similar in fact with powerful carries to To'o, not as strong but quicker and will only get more powerful in coming years and be up with the most diminant wingers in the comp.
I know our salary cap is not massive, but there are players on decent coin not even making the top 17 atm, so there's a few dollars there.
I was in Manly over the weekend and disappointed to hear a big money player is not super motivated directly from a trainer and will struggle to get out of Blacktown without an attitude change and unfortunately even with talent, the ability will never allow a player to reach their potential.
Anyways I rate Turuva big time and reckon he will gain his team Massive advantage and momentum with his punching runs and Penrith can only pay him $350,000, so he won't be there in 2025 and would love to have him at Manly as feel he would add that punch on early tackles and returns which is so important in the modern game.

I was in Manly over the weekend and disappointed to hear a big money player is not super motivated directly from a trainer and will struggle to get out of Blacktown without an attitude change and unfortunately even with talent, the ability will never allow a player to reach their potential.
Does the player’s name start with “J”?

… and end with “osh Schuster”?

…totally agree on Turuva - I love the way he engages the line, especially his late direction changes and speed… plus he is amazingly safe under the high ball… great player…

I know our salary cap is not massive, but there are players on decent coin not even making the top 17 atm, so there's a few dollars there.
Dont you worry about salary caps feathered friend as they are meant to be challenged and broken
If clubs like the Roosters can over come them then so can we

In life everything is a challenge and everything is challengeable
If we want to be in the contest we must contest every obstacle that comes our way my Great feathered friend Maxta

No comment Frank, but the source is 100%
This is the place to comment and there is more than one source that verifies this unfortunate player and club situation and they are all that have been watching Blacktown games
The very talented shu does not appear to look very fit or very motivated in those games
He looks like he is going through the motions and to put thing is perspective you have a player in the twilight of his career like Brown who is playing his heart out on a Minimum contract .
Sometimes the best form of Motivation is to give an Ultimation

I really rate this bloke and think he is only going to get better, very similar in fact with powerful carries to To'o, not as strong but quicker and will only get more powerful in coming years and be up with the most diminant wingers in the comp.
Anyways I rate Turuva big time and reckon he will gain his team Massive advantage and momentum with his punching runs and Penrith can only pay him $350,000, so he won't be there in 2025 and would love to have him at Manly as feel he would add that punch on early tackles and returns which is so important in the modern game.
Would be an excellent target if Seibs persists with Gaz at centre, I was reading through one of the riffs forums the other day, yep like us probably just yobbo chat, but they talked about Turuva and the possibility of the club not retaining him, believe his not signed at present.

The thought process behind the chat was May struggling at centre and given they have just secured his services, he obviously stays, but moving him out to the wing, can’t recall the name of the young centre they were chatting about to replace May, but they had one in mind, clubs cap is tight, they‘ve spent hard where they wanted, would be smart business to look into it, I love the way the guy plays, fit, speed, good set of balls, has a good finish, not sure about the high ball but he would definitely solve our wing dilemmas, I like it and was thinking the same thing when reading through their forum.

Would be an excellent target if Seibs persists with Gaz at centre, I was reading through one of the riffs forums the other day, yep like us probably just yobbo chat, but they talked about Turuva and the possibility of the club not retaining him, believe his not signed at present.

The thought process behind the chat was May struggling at centre and given they have just secured his services, he obviously stays, but moving out to the wing, can’t recall the name of the young centre they were chatting about to replace May, but they had one in mind, clubs cap is tight, they‘ve spent hard where they wanted, would be smart business to look into it, I love the way the guy plays, fit, speed, good set of balls, has an finish, not sure about the high ball but he would definitely solve our wing dilemmas, I like it and was thinking the same thing when reading through their forum.

What's his good set of balls got to do with it?! 🤭

The thought process behind the chat was May struggling at centre and given they have just secured his services, he obviously stays, but moving him out to the wing, can’t recall the name of the young centre they were chatting about to replace May, but they had one in mind, clubs cap is tight, they‘ve spent hard where they wanted, would be smart business to look into it, I love the way the guy plays, fit, speed, good set of balls, has a good finish, not sure about the high ball but he would definitely solve our wing dilemmas, I like it and was thinking the same thing when reading through their forum.
Centre is not a position that riff struggle to fill…
Burton, Crichton, Tago… and a couple of May brothers… they CAN find a decent centre…

Turuva will go, Panthers need to be savvy with the cap and the have the Mclean boys coming through and Alamoti.

Wouldnt mind him here but I think Dragons will pay him 600ish with a shot at fullback

Turuva will go, Panthers need to be savvy with the cap and the have the Mclean boys coming through and Alamoti.

Wouldnt mind him here but I think Dragons will pay him 600ish with a shot at fullback
I agree, Flanagan has got a pile of cash to throw around

First rule of salary cap management(or at least it should be the first rule)-never get into a bidding war or pay more than the current club are offering,for an established first grade winger.Turuva is a fine player,but at the end of the day,he’s only a winger and they’re not the difference between winning and losing a premiership.Manly need other areas to improve to win a comp and money is scarce,without paying overs for a position that isn’t as influential as other spots.Most of Manly’s premiership wingers were other teams rejects,local juniors or lower graders from other clubs.Look at the clubs current best winger,Saab,another clubs cast off and Manly would not have paid much at all for him

Last edited:
First rule of salary cap management(or at least it should be the first rule)-never get into a bidding war or pay more than the current club are offering,for an established first grade winger.Turuva is a fine player,but at the end of the day,he’s only a winger and they’re not the difference between winning and losing a premiership.Manly need other areas to improve to win a comp and money is scarce,without paying overs for a position that isn’t as influential as other spots.Most of Manly’s premiership wingers were other teams rejects,local juniors or lower graders from other clubs.Look at the clubs current best winger,Saab,another clubs cast off and Manly would not have paid much at all for him
Saab wasn’t a Dragons cast off mate. He wanted out to play with his mates at Manly & win games! He was a talent that Manly was looking at closely.

Saab wasn’t a Dragons cast off mate. He wanted out to play with his mates at Manly & win games! He was a talent that Manly was looking at closely.
Yes,but he was in and out of the team and Manly didn’t have to get into a bidding war or break the piggy bank to secure him.Turuva is likely to attract more than one suitor and there’s likely going to be a desperate club or two who’ll offer overs

I do rate him but I also think he would quickly look like nothing more than a solid first grader in another system. He's pretty limited. Great carries out of yardage and a decent finisher. That's pretty much it. Sure, he is looking really good at the moment but imagine him in a Tigers jumper; he's not going to be significant. I think he'll stay at the Panthers but if he goes, it should be a club like the Titans or Canterbury paying overs, not us. If there's a position on the football field that you should be able to promote from within your own club, it's wing. There should be enough good athletes in a junior system to find a winger.

I do rate him but I also think he would quickly look like nothing more than a solid first grader in another system. He's pretty limited. Great carries out of yardage and a decent finisher. That's pretty much it. Sure, he is looking really good at the moment but imagine him in a Tigers jumper; he's not going to be significant. I think he'll stay at the Panthers but if he goes, it should be a club like the Titans or Canterbury paying overs, not us. If there's a position on the football field that you should be able to promote from within your own club, it's wing. There should be enough good athletes in a junior system to find a winger.

Young Hoppa is looking likely for a spot in the back line 2025. We don’t have to look outside and he won’t break the bank for a few years

Good bloke too.. was more than happy to chat to the Manly fans and sign autographs...he was probably thinking "man how good was this atmosphere..what a crowd".. it was social on Saturday arvo..

Someone yelled out.. come over to Manly we need a winger... he just smiled and said.. thank you for the love, who knows

Attachments

• 20240406_193437.jpg
    20240406_193437.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 21
Young Hoppa is looking likely for a spot in the back line 2025. We don’t have to look outside and he won’t break the bank for a few years
Young Hoppa for me also, hoping he can earn a ramp up on his junior contract into the 30 this season he is one of the standouts from NSW cup.

I think the club could look at Corey Paix he is a highly rated number 9 coming through at the Donkeys, has a contract for 2025 but he could be getting frustrated there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8