Super Rugby Union Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Super 14 Rugby Union 2009 Thread

It has all the ingredients for a cracker of a final.

Hopefully the Tahs can continue to put aside the pressure of expectation and take this chance with both hands.

I think the Crusaders may just smother the potent attack of NSW and grind out a win.

I obviously want the Blues to prove me wrong; and if their forwards can break even (or get on top of theirs) we have the class and creativity in the backline to score points.

So glad Manly are playing Friday night, so we can watch the Tahs date with destiny on the weekend!

Go Tahs! Hopefully their defense gets them home But But But I hope they get to throw the ball around.

manlyfan76 said:
Go Tahs! Hopefully their defense gets them home But But But I hope they get to throw the ball around.

Yes it would be great to see some "running rugby" on the back of the forward exchanges.

I just hope the ref doesn't blow the pea outta the whistle too.

RiverEagle said:
manlyfan76 said:

Yes it would be great to see some "running rugby" on the back of the forward exchanges.

I just hope the ref doesn't blow the pea outta the whistle too.

"Time off. Ah can I get a new whistle out here?"

Great start for the Tahs.

They look sharp and the Crusaders are rattled..

Keep it going you Blues!

Tahs have a lot of energy. Going to be a good last hour!

Yeah we're on track mate.

(20-13 at halftime).

Unless the Tahs fall apart they should repeat the effort and hold on (fingers-crossed!)

Edit: Uh oh...20-20 now...

Try?! NFW. Look out Tahs.
Best game of RU I have seen in at least a decade.

You got to admire the Crusaders. Just a tough, big game team...and have been since day dot. This is a cracking game and is going to the wire.

Who will pull off the big match winning play. Izzy ?? Skelton ?? Come on the Tahs !!

Yep. Extraordinary.

Well done Tahs for hanging tough there.

They deserve it after the season they've had.

Great final. Great pressure kick to win!
Well done NSW.

A fitting final, no doubt.

Feel for the Tahs skipper Dave Dennis (injured) but geez Mick Hooper is some player too (and captain tonight).

Sydney will be rockin' tonight and good luck to em!

So on a slightly different tack, how do people rate our chances in the Bledisloe Cup (1st test tonight in Sydney)?

ANZ is a sell-out (take note NRL).

Interesting that Ewen Mckenzie has opted for Beale at 5/8 ahead of Bernhard Foley...

Even the Kiwi coach, Steve Hensen, reckons it's a surprise, AND a direct appeasement to get Kurtley to stay with Rugby, and fend off rugby league's advances!

I err on the side of optimism with these things (why watch otherwise) but as always the All Blacks will be mighty hard to beat!

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8