Swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What is the better option

• Keep DCE at the expense of other regular players

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Swap DCE for Hunt and Mcguire

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
mickqld said:
I find this utterly absurd and preposterous that we are speculating over a player who's contract doesn't end until Oct 2015. Rediculous.

It's ridiculous.

It's not speculation. I asked a hypothetical question.

Basically how many players and dollars is he worth? Is it worth destroying the culture of the club to keep him if we have to cut other players to keep him?

I finally remembered to vote!

For the sake of the hypothetical, I'd keep Chez.

After last night, I'm convinced as long as you throw Foz, Ferris and guys like JSL, Lui, Hiku and co. into the future-mix, we'll stay near the top.

Add Killer, Snake, Choc and Skivy of course (for 2 or 3 more yrs if we're lucky) and we should continue to challenge for the title, too.

Plus Maguire and Hunt are Queenslanders...

After last night, one less of their mob the better, this morning!

Stevo said:
Basically how many players and dollars is he worth? Is it worth destroying the culture of the club to keep him if we have to cut other players to keep him?

I can't help but feel that you question is just a little bit loaded Stevo but, as put, I would have to vote in favour of destroying the culture of the club.

Thankfully it is not up to us to decide what is a very difficult decision in how much are we prepared to pay to keep DCE. If a favourable salary cap + third party agreement (TPA) split can be reached then I am sure $1m per year is achievable without decimating our player stocks.

What I would like to know is how proactive player agents are in securing these TPAs!?!? Most like DCE's **** of a manager appear to be more interested in starting bidding wars between NRL clubs.

Why the assumption that keeping DCE destroys our culture ?? Don't you think he has bought in ? I don't think losing some older players equates to destroying the fabric of the club. We've lost plenty of good clubmen over the last 5-6 years and it hasn't seen any significant effect on the performance

Fluffy said:
Get rid of DCE, Foz, Snake, Gift, Lyon, Choc, King and Ballin to free up salary cap space for any new talent coming through

I would like to keep our halves but bring up the best of our juniors and any
new talent which would still help our salary cap. We should be giving our
juniors a go now in the top grade like other clubs are doing and get them used to it

Interesting question, but i'd keep DCE, our recruitment officers can plug the gaps if need be. We're the best club at making fringe players good and people really need to remember that.

Chip and Chase said:
Why the assumption that keeping DCE destroys our culture ?? Don't you think he has bought in ? I don't think losing some older players equates to destroying the fabric of the club. We've lost plenty of good clubmen over the last 5-6 years and it hasn't seen any significant effect on the performance

I think it's been fairly well documented that Watmough has a problem with it.

I know it would be hard for DCE to not aim for the big bucks but others have stayed when they could have got more elsewhere. (Matai in the past and Hiku this year) The loyalty involved in keeping this team together is what has made them successful. Just for arguments sake, if Matai got shafted and say Ballin did too, how long might it be before Watmough gets the ****s and leaves?

No one is above a tap on the shoulder but i just wonder how many big names DCE is worth?

Fluffy said:
Get rid of DCE, Foz, Snake, Gift, Lyon, Choc, King and Ballin to free up salary cap space for any new talent coming through

dick^

Dce started the Qld rout in the 5 minutes or so of coming on the other night the guy has stared in virtually all of manlys games he should be kept at manly at all costs.
As for watmough who may have a problem with dce, this is a guy who drops balls,concedes penalties,gets suspended etc.If the money dce is on the issue for watmoughs he should look at who's winning the majority of the games for us.

Fluffy said:
And also get rid of Sid, Turtle, Killer, Ferris, hor hay, Giraffe, Tred, and I'm not too sure about that 2vee guy either.

Hypotheticals aside for a moment, there is no reason to believe there is any other number 7 available at the moment that can match DCE. What is fact is that we have DCE on the books right now. He is ours, and could be long term.

That leaves us with the problem of Watmough being unhappy about it. Now, how many years does Watmough have left in him compared to DCE? You know what? It doesn't even matter because Watmough is professional enough to take the field and do his job, week in week out.

So, if you boil it down a little further, which position is easier to fill? A quality back rower or a quality half back? We've had, and have some great back rowers come through the ranks over the last 10 years or so. How many half backs though?

To make the point clearer, let's say Glenn and DCE leave us this year. Yeah, yeah I know, it's a hypo. Which position would be easier to fill? Littlejohn is a good player, but is he up to, or will he reach the standard of DCE? Who will take Glenn's spot? See what I mean?

Only my opinion, but I'd keep DCE. Now, how much is Foran asking for? Considering he is an International Captain, and wanted by other clubs, I'd assume he'll want a pretty penny too. He is flying under the radar at the moment. lol

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Fluffy said:
And also get rid of Sid, Turtle, Killer, Ferris, hor hay, Giraffe, Tred, and I'm not too sure about that 2vee guy either.

also be a dickhead

mozgrame said:
Hypotheticals aside for a moment, there is no reason to believe there is any other number 7 available at the moment that can match DCE. What is fact is that we have DCE on the books right now. He is ours, and could be long term.

That leaves us with the problem of Watmough being unhappy about it. Now, how many years does Watmough have left in him compared to DCE? You know what? It doesn't even matter because Watmough is professional enough to take the field and do his job, week in week out.

So, if you boil it down a little further, which position is easier to fill? A quality back rower or a quality half back? We've had, and have some great back rowers come through the ranks over the last 10 years or so. How many half backs though?

To make the point clearer, let's say Glenn and DCE leave us this year. Yeah, yeah I know, it's a hypo. Which position would be easier to fill? Littlejohn is a good player, but is he up to, or will he reach the standard of DCE? Who will take Glenn's spot? See what I mean?

Only my opinion, but I'd keep DCE. Now, how much is Foran asking for? Considering he is an International Captain, and wanted by other clubs, I'd assume he'll want a pretty penny too. He is flying under the radar at the moment. lol

Yeak look, for the record i'd keep DCE too.

I just wonder what the cost is going to be?

Stevo said:
Yeak look, for the record i'd keep DCE too.

I just wonder what the cost is going to be?

Probably less than Doesn'tmatta will have to fork out to retain Hayne.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4