T-Rex must go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frank

Bencher
During Friday's game a ball was kicked downfield by Penrith as per usual on the last tackle. Farrar fielded the ball without any pressure and looked to T-Rex a short distance away with no Penrith player in sight. T-Rex wasn't interested in getting involved until Farrar was tackled. He then decided to move into dummy-half so that he could - wait for it - pass it to someone else to take the ball up!

This guy is starting to make me physically ill. He is the biggest guy on the field but has the heart of a flea.

I didnt like it when he got the ball with space to wind up from a kick and then passed it to Farrar.

But I am starting to see some of his value in other plays

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It has to be a tactic to get our sets starting in the middle of the field

\"Must go\" is a bit OTT

OTT - you really think so? His work rate is pathetic. I'd have Hoppa there in a heartbeat.

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183793.msg270396#msg270396 date=1277700769]

\"Must go\" is a bit OTT

OTT - you really think so? His work rate is pathetic. I'd have Hoppa there in a heartbeat.
[/quote]

+1

Gorgeous George link said:

\"Must go\" is a bit OTT

[/quote]

I sat at Brookvale v Souths, and watched him score a try Hoppa wouldn't have scored, and then chase down Sutton and stop a pass and tackle him in 1 motion, played a big part in winning us the game

I also watched him dot a couple of tries over last weekend

I also understand that the bloke is still 20-21 and is still in the learning stages of his footy career

TBH, all the crap I read week after week about Williams, is the same sort of crap I read 4-5 years ago about Matai who would "never be an NRL standard player" etc. I get bored with it

The all time best I have ever heard was at Brookie last week, Souths kicked off down the middle of the park, and the imbeciles behind me were bagging Williams for not returning the kick off haha

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Gorgeous George link=topic=183793.msg270398#msg270398 date=1277701085]

\"Must go\" is a bit OTT

[/quote]

I sat at Brookvale v Souths, and watched him score a try Hoppa wouldn't have scored, and then chase down Sutton and stop a pass and tackle him in 1 motion, played a big part in winning us the game

I also watched him dot a couple of tries over last weekend

I also understand that the bloke is still 20-21 and is still in the learning stages of his footy career

TBH, all the crap I read week after week about Williams, is the same sort of crap I read 4-5 years ago about Matai who would "never be an NRL standard player" etc. I get bored with it

The all time best I have ever heard was at Brookie last week, Souths kicked off down the middle of the park, and the imbeciles behind me were bagging Williams for not returning the kick off haha
[/quote]

I'm not suggesting he can't play but I am saying he needs a rocket up the proverbial. He just doesn't involve himself enough. It sickens me that when an opportunity comes up for him to inject himself into the game, he would rather be a passenger.

So they can tell us weather theyre turning up in skirts or shorts before the game so we can save some money. All Jks = )

I wont blame wingers for us getting beat while ever forwards are getting hammered every week, and halfbacks are kicking the ball straight to opposing fullbacks.

Tony Williams stays in my team until other areas are cleaned up.

bit harsh. methinks it is not the winger that is losing us the games, but agree that he needs to do more.

Yep - He's devastating when he runs at the opposition. He just doesn't do it that often.

Two tries on Friday night - can't complain with that effort.

Agree the pass to Farra was shameful. Here ya go bro take a hit up for me. ?????????

He seems to score every game.  What's the problem?  OK, I'd like him to run harder, but he must be playing to the tactics of Des.  But I agree passing to a smaller player is weird .

I pray the players dont read half the negative garbage some people post on this site.
T-rex has made more metres than any other Manly player. That includes King, Kite, Rodney and even the bloke on the other wing that averages 50% less metres a game.

Cliffy4PM link said:
I pray the players dont read half the negative garbage some people post on this site.
T-rex has made more metres than any other Manly player. That includes King, Kite, Rodney and even the bloke on the other wing that averages 50% less metres a game.

Just had a look & he's right - interesting stats..

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerprofiles/seaeaglesplayerlist/tabid/10837/default.aspx

Well those stats are interesting, get rid of t-rex and you get rid of our best go forward man. Maybe he should be moved to the forwards

Sumdumguy link said:
Well those stats are interesting, get rid of t-rex and you get rid of our best go forward man. Maybe he should be moved to the forwards

Yes he just loves taking those hit-ups. He'd be a real hit in the forwards!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8