T-rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great to see Tony firing!
We called him as MOM around 20 mins to go.. We were like: "Daly? Maybe.., Foz? Hmmm, good but not MOM.. T-Rex! Yea!"

Geez he is chiming in on the offensive plays well, his instinct is building well, and he has obviously worked well on his defense as well as many of the boys.

A well-deserved MOM, keep it up T-Rex!

RE: Tony Williams

What impressed me most was his ball control in traffic. They came at him all night because they needed too, but he held the pill when others were pressured into a loose carry.

I'm standing in the middle of about 40 'Ropin the wind' Cowboys supporters at the death at the Eatons Hill pub North of Brisbane when i stand up and holler "Rex you're f**king murdering them.....See ya next year Cowgirls" And an fellow Eagle from the backseats comes up and shakes my hand and buys me a round. Happy Days for the resilient minority!!!

if you were not a manly supporter you would be afraid right now because the kid has a lot more to offer.

This is a bloke who started on the wing, won the qld cup @ 5/8 and is now a forward. He will be the best forward in the game next year.

Scary isnt it?

I still remember watching him play for parramatta in the toyota cup finals when we signed him, and i had high hopes for him way back then. Im just so happy to see him playing like a beast! Its pretty much guaranteed he will bump the first defender off.
The best bit of his form lately is now when he makes a massive run/big hit in defence, he gets up pumped up, clapping his hands firing the rest of the boys up!
And the even better bit is the guy is 22!!!!!!
can you imagine in 5 years if we manage to keep t rex, dce, foz, ferris and darcy! not to mention hoppa coming back! A golden age is coming ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!

Guys, rather than pointing fingers, how about looking at it fairly? There was criticism of him on the wing, and rightly so at times. At the same time, a lot of those people were calling for a move to the forwards, because as I used to say, he played there in the World Cup and dominated.

He's moved there, and well, is dominating.

Georgie-O said:
I'm standing in the middle of about 40 'Ropin the wind' Cowboys supporters at the death at the Eatons Hill pub North of Brisbane when i stand up and holler "Rex you're f**king murdering them.....See ya next year Cowgirls" And an fellow Eagle from the backseats comes up and shakes my hand and buys me a round. Happy Days for the resilient minority!!!
Lol you brave prick that's a rough pub that one lol

Disagree Ryan. The widespread criticism of T-Rex on the wing was hysterical, emotive, misinformed and over-the-top. Admit it.

He was picked up as a forward, trained as a forward, and only filled in as a wing when we had major injury holes. And he did a good job filling in there, scoring 16 tries to be Manly's top try scorer by a long margin.

He was only a kid. And we had no better option at that time - something none of the critics considered before unleashing on him.

Manly's problems last year were in the forwards, not on the wing. We seriously ran out of puff in the second half of every game. Dominated forwards consistently make teammates look second-rate.

He was terrific... was that his first MOM? To start in a Semi final and play as well as he did it was great to watch.

He has been an extremely frustrating unit over the past couple of seasons but he has really started to warm up this season and find his role in the team. Last night he was AWESOME.

last night he was awesome. He is really growing in the forwards, and should be comended for him brilliant form. Credit to hasler aswell for sticking by him and helping him grow.

pjd80 said:
I still remember watching him play for parramatta in the toyota cup finals when we signed him, and i had high hopes for him way back then. Im just so happy to see him playing like a beast! Its pretty much guaranteed he will bump the first defender off.
The best bit of his form lately is now when he makes a massive run/big hit in defence, he gets up pumped up, clapping his hands firing the rest of the boys up!
And the even better bit is the guy is 22!!!!!!
can you imagine in 5 years if we manage to keep t rex, dce, foz, ferris and darcy! not to mention hoppa coming back! A golden age is coming ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!

I think what's better, and Bhurer was the same last night as well, on the back of some 5/8 experience he's looking more and more lethal. That's twice in 2 games that one of his sneaky no-look passes has led to a try. I'm pissed off now because I can't pick a current favourite player...they are all on fire atm.

Rex said:
Disagree Ryan. The widespread criticism of T-Rex on the wing was hysterical, emotive, misinformed and over-the-top. Admit it.

He was picked up as a forward, trained as a forward, and only filled in as a wing when we had major injury holes. And he did a good job filling in there, scoring 16 tries to be Manly's top try scorer by a long margin.

He was only a kid. And we had no better option at that time - something none of the critics considered before unleashing on him.

Manly's problems last year were in the forwards, not on the wing. We seriously ran out of puff in the second half of every game. Dominated forwards consistently make teammates look second-rate.

Agree completely. He was never as bad as he was made out on here. I think it was mainly frustration as fans knew he was capable of more because of his size. However young players take time to develop and fans need to learn to be more patient and trust Des. Sometimes some fans think they are have better footy smarts and are better informed than the coaching staff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6