Take this opportunity Hastings!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love Api but tonight Hastings showed he can run a footy side at hooker too. Koroisau wasn't bad tonight but Hastings simply showed why he should be nine. I've supported Api but what's best for the team appears Hastings at 9. Hastings was telling everyone what to do, ball service was good and he is also a better goal kicker than Walker. Time for Hastings to 9. And also @Ryan what about Api to lock? He can defend well enough we know that. A fast roaming lock with footwork and speed.

Really tough one mate. Jake is such a great player, I'm almost adverse risk in changing anything about him. Even FOR Hastings as I suggested.

Api is very small (not even sure if Hastings is much bigger tbh). He'd need to be pretty direct, but we all know he can find holes in the defensive lines. Defensively, Api is amazing, even on bigger players.

My main beef with Api is his ball distribution, and that's pretty well all.

I guess the strength of this is we have quality depth.

LOL, I guess my answer then, like @Wombat Legacy suggested, is I have no ****ing idea ! Hahahaha

Api to the bench as cover for the halves and hooker and maybe 10 minutes of spark each half against tiring forwards. That would be my preference.

And even then that's only because if all this "heart and soul of the team" stuff is true then he probably shouldn't be dropped entirely.

I love Api but tonight Hastings showed he can run a footy side at hooker too. Koroisau wasn't bad tonight but Hastings simply showed why he should be nine. I've supported Api but what's best for the team appears Hastings at 9. Hastings was telling everyone what to do, ball service was good and he is also a better goal kicker than Walker. Time for Hastings to 9. And also @Ryan what about Api to lock? He can defend well enough we know that. A fast roaming lock with footwork and speed.

I know you live him to bits but Api was bad tonight, probably his worst game this year

Considering Hastings has apparently never played hooker in his life he seems to handle it ok. Even next to premiership winning rake Api.

Agree with you there Turbo. I think Api would would make a great lock. That way we'd have Apis energy, Hastings direction and finally someone that can kick goals.

It's a fine line as a coach(like a boss)you have to show loyalty to your staff as it promotes unity,but you have to know when to let someone go or make changes.If the team had lost all games then changes would be every week,but as there have been some positive signs it has been harder to pull the trigger on changes until obvious.I agree that it is getting to the point where Hastings has to be given the shot at 9 and putting Api to bench(I compared Hastings to NSW's answer to Cam Smith when we signed him but I don't like to toot my own horn,nah screw that.... TOOT TOOT).Players respect loyalty but respect just as well when it is obvious that better players are given a shot and Hastings is getting there.I understand the selection process however....he had some arrogance/entitlement problems at the Roosters and it is smart coaching by Barrett to make him work and own that position.We will get a better player in the long term by making him realise that he has to work and earn that Sea Eagles starters spot than giving it to him it with no effort.

1. Taking jake trbojevic out of lock would be a mistake no matter who you replace him with, let trying to put a half/hooker in there.

2. I thought hastings was great tonight, however api is a great defender and very energetic around the ruck. I think the team would benifit a lot from api starting until the sting goes out of the game and then hastings coming on and capitalising.

Really tough one mate. Jake is such a great player, I'm almost adverse risk in changing anything about him. Even FOR Hastings as I suggested.

Api is very small (not even sure if Hastings is much bigger tbh). He'd need to be pretty direct, but we all know he can find holes in the defensive lines. Defensively, Api is amazing, even on bigger players.

My main beef with Api is his ball distribution, and that's pretty well all.

I guess the strength of this is we have quality depth.

LOL, I guess my answer then, like @Wombat Legacy suggested, is I have no ****ing idea ! Hahahaha
Agree, you have no idea. Hastings is way too small to play 13. For this team he needs to be in the 9 and kicking goals. In the 9 he is always two steps over the advantage line before he distributes getting us on the front foot and on a roll in attack. In defence he can hold his own with Api IMO.

I thought he changed the whole complexion. We seemed to be - dunno - much faster...especially when rolling forward. Could we go:

06. Hastings
07. DCE
09. Api
14. Green
???

I understand that your passionate about the club mate but in all honesty what purpose would green have coming off the bench? He is either a starting half or his not in the squad at all

I also think we may have seen glimpses of what Baz is trying to do with Hastings and Brown working in conjunction down that right side for the Walker try tonight.

Walker hitting that inside line with a fading DCE putting the centre in two minds. Sublime.

1. Taking jake trbojevic out of lock would be a mistake no matter who you replace him with, let trying to put a half/hooker in there.

2. I thought hastings was great tonight, however api is a great defender and very energetic around the ruck. I think the team would benifit a lot from api starting until the sting goes out of the game and then hastings coming on and capitalising.

Yeah that's probably a better way to handle it, as long as Hastings gets good minutes and Api's passing doesn't kill our momentum in the early exchanges.

Sending Api back on in extra point even after Hastings obviously sparking the team in attack ,makes me think Api is going nowhere.
Would like to see Hastings with 60 mins a week and goal kicking duties.

Last edited:
Honestly, it's good to see Lewis Brown get some kudos. I think he's been great mostly this season.
Coz he's not playing centre haha

Forward utility is his spot. He's also a good hooker replacement because he's very steady there.

We basically have 3 guys now (Api, Brown and Hastings) vying for 2 spots. At some point one should drop out for another forward.

21 December 2016 - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have released live wire hooker Matt Parcell to the Leeds Rhinos, effective immediately
23 December 2016 - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of talented Sydney Roosters utility Jackson Hastings for the next two years

It's almost as though someone had a plan...!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8