Taufua has re-signed

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
D

Deleted member 26876

Fox Sports claims that big Jorge has re-signed for a further year with us, i'm happy to give him a chance to get back to his best as he's a bloody bulldozer.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/33b89d815fd29e774aa1511b00380ee2

"MANLY SEA EAGLES
New deal: Pita Godinet (until end of 2016 from Wakefield), Frank Winterstein (from rugby sevens until end of 2017), Brenton Lawrence (activated option until end of 2017), Jorge Taufua (until end of 2017), Jake Trbojevic (until end of 2020), Tom Trbojevic (until end of 2020), Marty Taupau (until end of 2020)"

Fark me
If so one has not been kicking balls to him constantly every day then there is something wrong

If fact their drill should be api and parcel practising picking up the ball and passing to DCE who in turn puts up the kick with Jorge catching while some one is practising goal kicking at the other end

While this is happening the rest of the team can practice defending short kick offs

But why you ask two dogs farking

As mentioneded above. already signed for next year. Manly still trying to move him on. he needs a big year next year for another contract

I find it odd that we'd let Taufua go, especially after their Hiku blunder...knobs. Check out Taufua's try scoring record, not to mention metres gained over the last 4 yrs.
Jorge is strong and runs hard but he lacks blistering pace and/or the skill under the high ball..Guess it depends what qualities the coaching staff are looking for in their wingers in 2017. It'd be nice to have at least one winger we can lob high balls for as an attacking option..

I wouldn't take it as gospel mate (as with most things these days). You have a look back at some of the other articles on this site recently and it says that Brett Stewart is off to the Super League now and James Graham has requested an immediate release.
I hope its bs ... George is a bloody good player ..

So in the time they've been in charge bozo and Baz have let hiku and Gutherson go and now allegedly want to add Taufua to that list, and signed Jono Wright, Matthew Wright and Uate. The only good outside back they did sign they wanted to play at 5/8. Can someone tell me why I'm supposed to have faith in them?

So in the time they've been in charge bozo and Baz have let hiku and Gutherson go and now allegedly want to add Taufua to that list, and signed Jono Wright, Matthew Wright and Uate. The only good outside back they did sign they wanted to play at 5/8. Can someone tell me why I'm supposed to have faith in them?
Yeah agree with that mate .. Put george on the end of cowboys or melbourne backline & he would be a beast .. I dunno anymore why not look after your own , what does uate offer in comparison to george ..

This is a shame...why would you buy Uate and release Taufua?

Taufua makes great yards and does the dirty work getting us out of our own end. He is a quality finisher and really only has the one weakness under the high ball. He is a solid defender and a "Manly" player.

I find it odd that we'd let Taufua go, especially after their Hiku blunder...knobs. Check out Taufua's try scoring record, not to mention metres gained over the last 4 yrs.

I could score tries playing outside either shoulders or killer
This is a shame...why would you buy Uate and release Taufua?

Taufua makes great yards and does the dirty work getting us out of our own end. He is a quality finisher and really only has the one weakness under the high ball. He is a solid defender and a "Manly" player.

It's a very big weakness!

If Jorge could learn to consistently catch a bomb there would be no almost worries about him other than a lack of genuine pace for a winger. The problem is that if he keeps his feet, he can catch, but keeping your feet usually leads to being out-jumped. If he jumps its like jumping off a cliff - you know its gonna hurt because 9/10 he won't even get near the ball.

I guess his other main problem (again other than that lack of pace), is his hands. With a try on offer he'll usually pick up something like a half-volley at his feet and make it look easy. Yet 2 minutes later in his own half he'll drop the ball cold and give up possession. If his hands were like they usually are when a try is on offer we wouldn't have to worry about that either.

Look, I'm happy with his re-signing. But personally if I was coach I'd be tempted to move him off the wing into the centres and bring someone like Kevin Locke in to play wing.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10