Taufua primed for Manly Second row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would Jorge be able to do the tough defending required from a backrower? Making 20-30 tackles and having to do 10-20 hitups? My main issue with Jorge is that he seems to have a bit of a lazy streak. This is something you just can't have as a backrower.

I thought that also because that's how it looked. Maybe he was just really busted and it was protective instinct.

He could handle it. He likes the contact. He is a fair way off being considered for a starting spot anyway so he has some learning time. His minutes would depend on how quickly he grasped it. He could be moved back. No big deal

It could well be a masterstroke as he has plenty of leg-drive after contact. He is a great player, a good winger except for the high ball.

If the coach has lost patience with him under the high ball , and recognises he is too good to discard him without trying him in the pack them i applaud the decision

Good luck georgie

Jorge is left (as is Tupou), Aku is right.
Plus, Aku is a three time Dally M Winger of the Year, has represented New South Wales in State of Origin and both Fiji and Australia in international football. He is also a New South Wales Country, NRL All Stars and Prime Minister's XIII representative. He is the highest try-scorer in the Newcastle Knights' history. (sorry for cut and paste from wiki!)
A dud??
Snake has a similar list of accomplishments, but who do you want at fullback next year, Tom or Brett?

Jorge has problems under the bomb, no question.

I sit there at Brookie before the game starts and we're doing warm-ups, and I see this ball go up in the air, at which point Jorge loses all spatial awareness and just starts running in any direction. At this point, Jorge is usually in the crowd trying to find out where the hell the ball went.

But, he does have the strength to get over the line. He's not bad at finishing a try.

One of the things we do need to remember is that we need some quick players. Turbo is lightning, but as for the others there is not enough acceleration in them, and acceleration can cause a lot of havoc when a player can change lines, score off grubbers, fly through a hole, and run through a tired forward pack at the back end of the game.

Snake showed that his speed was not only damaging when he was scoring tries, but also when he inserted himself into a backline movement.

Of course, Snake is/was far above your average player, but he showed us how acceleration can greatly add to your backline.

I think I got lost somewhere here, as to Jorge, but if you want to see a similarity, look at Vatuvei (I hope I got that right). He's absolute **** under the bomb. Yet he's still scored 120+ tries.

And........we're out. Great work, everyone. Great show today. Loved the team chemistry.

I am a nong.

I fear if Jorge is primed for Manly Second row, he is really primed for Manly second grade.

Jorge has problems under the bomb, no question.

I sit there at Brookie before the game starts and we're doing warm-ups, and I see this ball go up in the air, at which point Jorge loses all spatial awareness and just starts running in any direction. At this point, Jorge is usually in the crowd trying to find out where the hell the ball went.

But, he does have the strength to get over the line. He's not bad at finishing a try.

One of the things we do need to remember is that we need some quick players. Turbo is lightning, but as for the others there is not enough acceleration in them, and acceleration can cause a lot of havoc when a player can change lines, score off grubbers, fly through a hole, and run through a tired forward pack at the back end of the game.

Snake showed that his speed was not only damaging when he was scoring tries, but also when he inserted himself into a backline movement.

Of course, Snake is/was far above your average player, but he showed us how acceleration can greatly add to your backline.

I think I got lost somewhere here, as to Jorge, but if you want to see a similarity, look at Vatuvei (I hope I got that right). He's absolute **** under the bomb. Yet he's still scored 120+ tries.

And........we're out. Great work, everyone. Great show today. Loved the team chemistry.

I am a nong.

Are you saying Jorge is a bit like this ...

Are you saying Jorge is a bit like this ...

On a good day, yes.

On a bad day he struggles with the concept that the ball may have come down. He'll stare at the sky for hours, waiting for that ball to land. Meanwhile, the game is over, Brookie is only populated with the ground staff cleaning up all the mess left behind, including trying to vacuum the vacuous Jorge, who is still waiting(hey, that sounds cool), to get him off the bloody field.

Jorge is decent at taking a bomb.....when he keeps his feet on the ground. The problem is that he's not exactly the tallest winger and with opposition players coming through and jumping at speed he gets beaten most times.

Unfortunately when he does jump to take a bomb he is usually so far off the mark that he needs GPS to go find the ball again. And if he does actually manage to get his jump right and gets near the ball.....he usually drops the bloody thing.

I wish his hands were like they are 90% of the time when a try is on offer. I've seen him score after picking up some half-volleys that he has absolutely no right to.

I know some wouldn't agree but I have always thought he'd eventually make a perfect replacement for Skivy in the centres.

agree with all that HoldenV8, just not sure whether the quick off the mark centres would always get outside him

I reckon we move Jorge to centre in 2018, provided Matai retires by that stage. He would be similar to Matai with plenty of power running and big hits, plus he wouldn't need to catch the god damn ball!

I reckon we move Jorge to centre in 2018, provided Matai retires by that stage. He would be similar to Matai with plenty of power running and big hits, plus he wouldn't need to catch the god damn ball!
No. He wouldn't have the skills to set up his winger.
I can, however, see him as a hard-running forward, so I welcome the move provided we have some good wingers to replace him.

No. He wouldn't have the skills to set up his winger.
I can, however, see him as a hard-running forward, so I welcome the move provided we have some good wingers to replace him.
Yeah I'd worry with his ball playing skill at centre, but perhaps it'd still be a weakness at second row, although less of a problem

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2