• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Marty has the best go forward of all props and his offload is top notch when not rushed.
AFB is more my style of prop, tough, aggressive, dirty and uncompromising reminds me of spud.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Marty has the best go forward of all props and his offload is top notch when not rushed.
AFB is more my style of prop, tough, aggressive, dirty and uncompromising reminds me of spud.
I agree with you AFB could be anything if he got the rubbish out of his game and lost about half a kilo in weight to help getting up faster at marker.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
AFBs current rubbish reminds me of how Marty was when he first came to Manly.

AFB will mature and be the best prop in the game in a couple of years in my opinion.
By this time next year I believe most will be saying he is!

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
AFBs current rubbish reminds me of how Marty was when he first came to Manly.

AFB will mature and be the best prop in the game in a couple of years in my opinion.
AFB is maturing already... he was an absolute mindf*ck last year with the amount of times he gave away stupid ruck penalties and released the pressure on the opposition but this year he has been very disciplined...

personally I think anyone questioning the difference in output between an elite prop like Marty and a decent prop should watch a replay of the titans game and see what happened when Marty and AFB were off...

There are arguments for both cases but I think quality up front is super important personally... I mean in 87 we had Kevin Ward and Phil Daley, in 96 we had Spud and Gillespie and in 08 we had Josh Perry, Brent Kite and Jason King ON THE BENCH...

however in 2011 we had Jason King and Joe Gulavao with Georgie Rose on the bench, I mean no disrespect to JG or GR but I dont think we were fighting off offers from elsewhere...

Last edited:

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
There are certain essentials Manly must retain. They are Tom and Jake T, DCE, Sirro, AFB, Fainu and Taupau. They form the backbone of this side. Walker, Taufua, Waddell, Parker, Suli, Garrett and Elliott should be held onto. Cust I would also keep, maybe Croker for backup, Koroisau until Fainu has matured along with young pups, Albert Hoppa, Schuster, Ben T as well as a few other youngsters. But Taupau in my mind is a must, makes huge metres, great offloader, good defender. No way would I let him or the other book end AFB go.

There are certain essentials Manly must retain. They are Tom and Jake T, DCE, Sirro, AFB, Fainu and Taupau. They form the backbone of this side. Walker, Taufua, Waddell, Parker, Suli, Garrett and Elliott should be held onto. Cust I would also keep, maybe Croker for backup, Koroisau until Fainu has matured along with young pups, Albert Hoppa, Schuster, Ben T as well as a few other youngsters. But Taupau in my mind is a must, makes huge metres, great offloader, good defender. No way would I let him or the other book end AFB go.
The dilemma is that's quite a long expensive list of must keeps aswell as the young guns we wish to retain. I cant see ALL of those players being retained and still having good depth. We have seen this year that depth is important. Its not a matter of if we would like to keep him its a matter of should we. If we can juggle the cap and keep him im fine with that but we cant keep him at all costs. Out of all our big money players he is the one I would let go and the fact he is off contract makes it an easy decision. If Des wanted to re sign him then WHY hasn't he already done so? I'm Intrested to see how this plays out

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
I say keep Marty, look what happened to the dogs when they got rid of James Gramham and Klemmer. It isn’t just losing the player, it is also the impact it has on the whole team psyche

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I’d keep him 100% no questions asked. When we play well and have Taupau followed by AFB followed by Jake that is a huge start to a set, and his offload ability sets up attack for the like of Api, Fainu, Tom if they are in the vicinity of them. We aren’t scoring points out of structure, it is mostly on the back of some second phase stuff with little men sniffing around the middle

I can’t see Api and fainu both being here on good deals long term so Api probably moves on, we upgrade Fainu and have a little bit of change to throw around, add in the cap penalty and there is a little bit more

If we are going to trim a bit more money, I see that being along the lines of Thompson moving on with Waddell into a starting role and we find a mid range 2nd rower to fill that bench hole

Simonmyers11

First Grader
900k -950k a year?

Please post how you know he is on that much or just pulling figure's out your arse?

He is world class, so is AFB. Why get rid of him to buy a couple of potential plodders like boyle?

The best teams have dominant forwards, not just one prop, both props, back row and bench.

We need to retain both AFB and marty and jake and still build a better bench imo.

Those two provide big minutes, so much go forward and off loads, they stand in tackles and get quick play the balls.

Name some suitable replacements and how much you think we would have to pay them to change clubs (probably beating their current salary by a big margin)

I doubt marty would be on more than 750k

KNUCKLES

Bencher
900k -950k a year?

Please post how you know he is on that much or just pulling figure's out your arse?

He is world class, so is AFB. Why get rid of him to buy a couple of potential plodders like boyle?

The best teams have dominant forwards, not just one prop, both props, back row and bench.

We need to retain both AFB and marty and jake and still build a better bench imo.

Those two provide big minutes, so much go forward and off loads, they stand in tackles and get quick play the balls.

Name some suitable replacements and how much you think we would have to pay them to change clubs (probably beating their current salary by a big margin)

I doubt marty would be on more than 750k
Apparently his contract was backended for a whopping 950k on the last year. Was doing the rounds in the off season

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Marty is a keeper for top line fwd money. Why weaken one area to spend overs for other areas. Both existing starting props are a huge advantage to us.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Forget his value....do we want to keep him - Yes
Can we - ??
I feel there may be an English forward at Manly 2020 and this may be the perfect rotation....we will see ....

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I say keep Marty, look what happened to the dogs when they got rid of James Graham and Klemmer. It isn’t just losing the player, it is also the impact it has on the whole team psyche

IMO one of the main problems with the Dogs (there are quite a few) is that they have no class in their spine. What teams would any of the following players walk into?

Jeremy Marshall-King
Jack Cogger / Lachlan Lewis
Kieran Foran
Nick Meaney

Mind you I don't think they have any notable representative players at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12