• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Over the 6 years we had him, Walker gave us, what, one season as a handy bench player?

Tapau was excellent for 2 years, but after that, efforts were mailed in. Still an effective player, but not an enforcer.

That’s what we got out of these two guys.

I hope they close the door quietly.

NYEagle
Walker was a dally m centre with us. Walker was the victim of too much experimentation in my opinion. Should have been left at centre all those years ago

Tapau was good from 16 to 19.

Walker was good when he was on the park. He spent a lot of time injured and suspended. This season was one of his best.

I’m not sure why we let both walker and foz go tbh especially as we let cade Cust go last year and we have never replaced fainu and moved Croker to hooker. Leaves us short on experienced back up halves.

Walker would have been a good back up to schuster next year. He was very good at 5/8 in the 2019 semi final series
Is Jamie Humphries ready for that back up role next year maybe??

Scored a try, ran hard and kept trying all game. But one of his trademark errors while attempting a dopey offload was very costly at the back end of the game. So overall, not good. But given the bar is so very low, it's still probably true that he was one of our best forwards.
He was one of our better forwards last night. However it was against the dogs and not a demanding performance That inspired a W in his last game for the club. Just Marty goin through the motions really with less errors. He’s capable of a lot more.

yes, they have a gauge on the worth of a player...
I'm not going to say you are wrong, I know this happened to Gifty, whether it was because he could have got a contract elsewhere or not i dont recall, but putting a value on a player who can't get a contract would be a restraint of trade would it not? What is he supposed to do?

Marty was our best prop. Which says everything about the rest. Deadset reserve graders who shouldn't ever be NRL players.

Paseka and Keppie will go great guns when ... wait for it ... when #wegetagoodcoach .... that plays forwards like forwards ..

Walker was a dally m centre with us. Walker was the victim of too much experimentation in my opinion. Should have been left at centre all those years ago
@KNUCKLES I agree with you. In fairness to Walker, how well did we ever use him? We kept trying to make him into something different, and none of it ever quite worked. To his credit he tried hard at all of it, he can certainly be a worry off field but is a great team man on field.

Watching him playing Centre in Jerseygate vs Easts I was startled by how good he still was. Thinking about our lack of effective centres recently, I started to think we absolutely missed a bus on that one.

@KNUCKLES I agree with you. In fairness to Walker, how well did we ever use him? We kept trying to make him into something different, and none of it ever quite worked. To his credit he tried hard at all of it, he can certainly be a worry off field but is a great team man on field.

Watching him playing Centre in Jerseygate vs Easts I was startled by how good he still was. Thinking about our lack of effective centres recently, I started to think we absolutely missed a bus on that one.
Agreed - 7 years with Walker and most of them feel largely wasted through injuries and weird positional decisions by the coach.

If you played Walkers career over 100 times, the direction it ultimately took was definitely one of the worst in my opinion.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8