Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The team is an improvement, though without Jake and Schuster, I'm not feeling at all confident. We always seem to be without a few of our essential players.

I know many have a downer on Schuster. Its frustrating I know. But give me that kid at his best any time to set the backline alight. Johns is just steady. Croker as an option has been tried before and also offered steady. Manly need an orchaestrator, not someone who just feeds the ball out.

For some comparison I remember back in 1968 when the South Sydney side were on the rise. Dennis Pittard from Wests, came into the Souths side mid season with the side having won only 7 of their first 13 games. He replaced stalwart Jimmy Lisle at 5/8. They then won all but one of the next 11 games (Manly beat them once) and took out the Grand final. All because that team of champions needed an orchestrator. They had the talent but it wasnt jellying. Pittard was the conductor and suddenly the pieces fell together.

I believe Schuster has that potential if he would just get over his issues. He is seriously needed to set that backline alight, to orchestrate the side.

ps. I dont think there is anyone else in our club that comes close to matching his skills and fulfilling that position..at least at this stage (maybe Turbo?). Weekes, Latu Fainu? They have the skills but they both have a year or two to reach the standard needed. Johns, Croker? They will defend well, pass the ball well, put in 100%.But they wont inspire a back line. Only other option is Turbo who does have the skills but that wont happen. I believe it would succeed just as Lockyer moving to 5/8 succeeded. Similar style of player. But at present unless Weekes is ready for full back, we would weaken the outside back line.

Sipley needs to give himself an uppercut. The worst 3 minutes of footy at a crucial time in the match that cost us dearly. And now, that same stupidity is costing us this week too… or perhaps his glimpses of good form recently is something he’s not capable of doing consistently?

Sipley needs to give himself an uppercut. The worst 3 minutes of footy at a crucial time in the match that cost us dearly. And now, that same stupidity is costing us this week too… or perhaps his glimpses of good form recently is something he’s not capable of doing consistently?

Yep going for the stupid offload early in tackle count and then doubling down with the crusher and ten minutes in the bin halted the small bit of momentum we had. 🤬

Think Schu will be picked this week. Seibold alluded to it on the presser after the Broncos match.

If there are no changes made to our forward pack I hope they are at least on notice. Tackle hard, run hard, support your halfback or earn your way back to the side through how you play for Blacktown.

What I think we should see

1.Turbo
2.Garrick
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Croker/Gordie
10.Keppie
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bullemor

14.Lawton
15.Aloiai
16.B Trbojevic
17.Fainu

If Croker is anything other than 100% bring Gordie in. Lawton can cover the kid.

Obvs with the above Fainu will play middle but he is capable of that

Think Schu will be picked this week. Seibold alluded to it on the presser after the Broncos match.

If there are no changes made to our forward pack I hope they are at least on notice. Tackle hard, run hard, support your halfback or earn your way back to the side through how you play for Blacktown.
Just read in the latest injury report on the Manly site, Schuster unlikely to play. With Schuster you always add on an extra week penalty loading with his injuries.

What I think we should see

1.Turbo
2.Garrick
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Croker/Gordie
10.Keppie
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bullemor

14.Lawton
15.Aloiai
16.B Trbojevic
17.Fainu

If Croker is anything other than 100% bring Gordie in. Lawton can cover the kid.

Obvs with the above Fainu will play middle but he is capable of that
I agree with the starting side but think Keppie may be lucky to hold his spot as he ran for only 34 mtrs against the Broncos.

I don't know what we do about the bench. I think Woods will probably be there as we need another middle but it's very underwhelming with little impact.

I agree with the starting side but think Keppie may be lucky to hold his spot as he ran for only 34 mtrs against the Broncos.

I don't know what we do about the bench. I think Woods will probably be there as we need another middle but it's very underwhelming with little impact.
funny how stats can be misleading. I was in Row 1 at the Manly end and Keppie to me at the ground looked lively, big, and strong. obviously, numbers and stats are king but ids drop Josh A first. he was putrid.

I'm all for replacing underperformers eg Woods, Josh A, but who are you going to replace them with? Morgan Boyle?

Fainu is a second rower.

funny how stats can be misleading. I was in Row 1 at the Manly end and Keppie to me at the ground looked lively, big, and strong. obviously, numbers and stats are king but ids drop Josh A first. he was putrid.

When he was on early we had only a 50% completion and very little possession ... not many opportunities to run ..

From the Roar ...

Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster is set to be named in the squad to face Conulla on Sunday.

He could make an early return from his thigh problem and reconditioning work with coach Anthony Seibold indicating he will be available for selection and they would make a call later on the week based on how he trains.

From the Roar ...

Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster is set to be named in the squad to face Conulla on Sunday.

He could make an early return from his thigh problem and reconditioning work with coach Anthony Seibold indicating he will be available for selection and they would make a call later on the week based on how he trains.

the power of the spud.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8