Team List V Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A bit of movement on the Knights station.....

The Newcastle Knights welcome James Taylor to the Club on a two-year contract for seasons 2015 and 2016.

After the 19-year-old New Zealander was released from his contract with the New Zealand Warriors, effective immediately, he will join the Knights later this week.

The prop, who is in his third year of playing NYC, has played two years with the Junior Kiwis and also featured in two grand finals for the Under 20 Warriors.

Taylor has family in Newcastle who will assist with his immediate transition to the Club.

"James is a great young talent and we are really happy to secure him at the Knights," Knights recruitment manager, Peter Mullholland said on Wednesday.

"He is very mature for his age, has trained with the NRL squad at the Warriors and represents a new breed of props in the game."

Meanwhile...

Zane Tetevano has had his contract terminated by the Newcastle Knights due to disciplinary reasons, effective immediately.

The Knights will however provide the appropriate duty of care for Tetevano as he transitions out of the Club.

The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the matter.

The Club wishes Tetevano all the best for the future.

Read more at NewcastleKnights.com.au

The Knights aren't travelling too well right now, but since the 1997 Grand Final they have had a nasty habit of lifting for games against us.

I believe we can win and win well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle put of a hell of a fight.

I hope Wolf scores at least a double in his 100th game. Congratulations on the milestone Wolfman :cool:

How many games have Wayne Bennett coached teams won at Brookvale since he first left Brisbane to join Canberra in 1987?

Edit: Just found the answer to my own question. Bennett has only won at Brookvale Oval on 4 occasions. His last win here was 8 years ago when the Broncos defeated Manly 16-10 on 25 June 2006 (we trailed 10-0 at the half). On that Sunday afternoon the Donkeys outscored us 3 tries to 2 in front of 16,084. Snake and Skivy scored our tries while Travis Burns kicked a goal. Our captain that day was lock Ben Kennedy and his back row partners were Beaver and Choc. Gorgeous George Rose was on the bench for only his 8th game with the club.

Apparently Darius is in the poohs with Bennet - so we may not see the Wunderkind :cool:

I hope that we get a good crowd, the Players need the love after last week, and Wolfie deserves a load Aaaaaoooh or two :angel:

Maybe Wayne's upset that his surrogate son didn't get his head on TV enough during the Anzac Test? 2 hit ups, 0 tackles and 1 missed tackle ain't too crash hot for 80 minutes of test match football.

Don't get me wrong about Boyd, on his day he's good. But I've never thought he was as good as selectors seem to think he is. A lot of his success has come from being in the right team at the right time (Broncos, Dragons, Qld) and he seems to have ridden a few coat tails to success. Sure, I've never really seen him do too much wrong for Australia or Qld and I have seen him score some good tries, but I wonder how he even got there in the first place, though being a Bronco gave him a leg up to playing origin for Qld. And even though Qld have won 8 series in a row, I don't think he'd have played half as many origins or tests had be been from NSW. I think its because Qld have been able to keep so many players for so long (it also shows they don't have a lot of quality in depth) that he's one who had been rewarded more than he probably should have for being part of the current dynasty. Playing his entire first grade career following a successful coach like Wayne Bennett from club to club hasn't harmed his chances either.

I've always thought Boyd was overrated too.

Which probly guarantees we've just ordained him for a double on Mon night!

I'll be satisfied with a win for us by any length again, considering our injuries.

I just hope the boys aren't lulled into autopilot by our healthy pozzie on the ladder, and the Noughts poor form.

With the roster the Knights have they should be higher up the ladder, I suspect the McKinnon incident has taken its toll on the team. On their day, they have 2 very good centres and 2 very good halves. The key is to not let their big guys get the offloads going and pressure Mullen on the 4th and 5th tackles. If we do this I don't see the Knights scoring more than 12 points against our defence, and we have plenty of points in attack. Score prediction Manly 28 Knights 12

They also have two pretty good wingers, a very good fullback, a good 5/8, a couple of useful front rowers, and two or three good (on their day) back rowers who play, at times, with deception and skill.

Rate Beau Scott as being reasonable, and Cuthbo can be really good value when motivated. Willie might still be thinking he can get a SOO callup.

1. Darius Boyd 2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts 8. David Fa'alogo 9. Kurt Gidley 10. Kade Snowden 11. Beau Scott 12. Robbie Rochow 13. Adam Cuthbertson
14. Adam Clydsdale 15. Chris Houston 17. Willie Mason 18. Korbin Sims 19. Joseph Tapine

We need to be focused, no complacency. Monday night, crowd will not be big.

Adam Cuthbertson has been going ok for them. Beau Scott will put on a hit or two. Mason will be out to try and recapture his glory days, he's somewhere between rocks and diamonds most games. I think McManus is a little underrated. I don't mind him. Dane Gagai and Joseph Leilua can turn a match and hurt you if they're on song.

Meh.....Manly by 18.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8