Tetevano suspended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Normie said:
Zane Tetevano has had his contract terminated by the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles effective immediately, following his appearance in court last Friday.

The NRL’s integrity unit has been informed of the decision.

Violence against women is an extremely serious issue and is one that the Club does not condone or tolerate.

The Sea Eagles will provide the appropriate duty of care for Mr Tetevano and have commenced assisting in his rehabilitation by facilitating an arrangement for the player to connect with the White Ribbon campaign, the NRL Welfare and Education department as well as the Rugby League Players Association.
If we are assisting in his rehabilitation does that mean he will play for us once he is rehabilitated ?

Normie said:
The Sea Eagles will provide the appropriate duty of care for Mr Tetevano and have commenced assisting in his rehabilitation by facilitating an arrangement for the player to connect with the White Ribbon campaign, the NRL Welfare and Education department as well as the Rugby League Players Association.

Is this code for 'gave him some phone numbers to call'?

globaleagle said:
Normie said:

Is this code for 'gave him some phone numbers to call'?

Todd Greenberg's number so he get the details of that miracle, 2 week clinic which cured Ben Barba and made him a pillar of society. Bless.

BOZO said:
Normie said:
Zane Tetevano has had his contract terminated by the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles effective immediately, following his appearance in court last Friday.

The NRL’s integrity unit has been informed of the decision.

Violence against women is an extremely serious issue and is one that the Club does not condone or tolerate.

If we are assisting in his rehabilitation does that mean he will play for us once he is rehabilitated ?
Good Question. The club certainly aren't sending out that vibe in the release. But time will tell.

I see Jamil Hopoate pleaded guilty today to an assault. I hope the club punt him also,I hope the club treat an assault on a male as just as serious as an assault on a female. I also recall Jamil being on his last chance so even if the club don't have the balls 2 sack him the NRL will de register him which is a good thing.

Mavin said:
I see Jamil Hopoate pleaded guilty today to an assault. I hope the club punt him also,I hope the club treat an assault on a male as just as serious as an assault on a female. I also recall Jamil being on his last chance so even if the club don't have the balls 2 sack him the NRL will de register him which is a good thing.

If that's correct, all I can say is what a knob.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Gib the Pom said:
Exactly. Whether they like it or not, NRL players, and all sportsmen and women for that matter, are role models to the wider public. They are in a privelged position where they have the ability to change and influence peoples lives for the better or worse.
It's nothing to do with being role models. They are in the privileged position where they are paid generously because companies want to be associated with active young sports stars. The corporates cannot afford to be publicly associated with gross thuggery or other criminal acts, (or simply bad taste, Todd Carney), and that is where the pressure comes from to restrict the game to 'fit and proper persons'. The corporates themselves may bash their wives but so long as it is not publicised then harm won't flow to their brands. The corporates aren't interested in improving community behaviour, they are interested in protecting their gravy trains.

I don't disagree with you, I think you are spot on as to why he has been sacked by the club and by Newcastle previously... this was merely my reasoning as to why I don't believe he should play here is all.

Mavin said:

I loved the part how Will said he'd shamed his family

I guess being a liar isn't shaming your family Will? Plus your religion... oh that's right that religion is based on very shaky ground where John smith could only write a translation one way per attempt, because words change on printed stone which is known for change

I distinctly remember him saying he'd be back at manly when he had already signed with parra

Maybe William shouldn't throw stones from his glass tower

Mavin said:

I am pretty sure James Graham is the current poster boy for front row forwards in the NRL. Glorified for his toughness, that Rabbits on commentator keeps saying he is the alpha male. How quickly people forget that he's the sort of bloke who will BITE YOUR EAR OFF.

In a week in which it looks like we have now lost TWO additions to our 2015 squad. Both forwards renowned for being aggressive, intimidating and hard, men on the field, it was hoped they would add that much needed mongrel to our overly polite pack. Both players appear they will be rubbed out of the game for off field violence.

Hmm it is a funny world at times. There are fine lines that can't be crossed granted. Dam that James Graham is lucky he tried to bite someones ear on the field, if he done that S**t off the field, the NRL would have suspend him for life, what did he get again? 13 matches but the nrl took into consideration that he missed games in the off season so actually missed about 6 games.

Mavin said:

Didn't he already get punted to Parra for being a knob? After which Parra punted him for being a knob?

The problem with Manly punting Jamil (a second time) is that they are 100% no chance of bringing Will back if that happens. So if he stays, consider it a lock they are going after Will for 2016. That was a solid rumour before - it will be closing in on done deal stuff if he's "rehabbed" and allowed to play on.

At that point I'd imagine they let Matai go and Will slots straight in.

PS look forward to that being printed as fact in the Telecrap tomorrow...

Loobs said:
Mavin said:

Didn't he already get punted to Parra for being a knob? After which Parra punted him for being a knob?

The problem with Manly punting Jamil (a second time) is that they are 100% no chance of bringing Will back if that happens. So if he stays, consider it a lock they are going after Will for 2016. That was a solid rumour before - it will be closing in on done deal stuff if he's "rehabbed" and allowed to play on.

We will never need William

cherry_poppins said:
Loobs said:
Mavin said:

We will never need William

Not the William going around these days. but the Hoppa from 2011 would be a great acquisition.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8