Thanks and Appreciation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now post away
Now that 2V's has been formally sacked we can all give our thanks and appreciation of the coach , the man and the manly legend which is 2V's who does not need ' an investigation ' into his mark he will have left as his time as coach of this great club.

One of the saddest days for this club I love and one I never want repeated in the manner it has happened.

Last edited:
A permanent legend at our club. Did his best under real adversity of the last four years. Kept the club competitive on the field for the majority of his tenure, he fought so hard for our club but in the end didnt have the support where it counted or mattered.

I hope he has a rest then comes back to club one day as he is MANLY!

I just hope that the recent experiences don't take away his love for the club. Would love to see the players show him some respect for the remainder of the season and really try and lift when the chips are down.

Hopefully as many fans as possible get to the remaining home games regardless of if we are out of the finals race or not to show our appreciation for what he did for our club, team and fans.

Thanks to the bravest of them all , when Toovey played and i was a lot younger i joked that he was a god and could walk on water , he could do anything , i just loved the man , his passion , strength , and talent was always on show .
He was simply great , i hope he stays around and remains some how with the club we need people like him about , so sorry to see him go , but he leaves with the highest regard from all the fans and players .
Farewell mate you will always be one of the best parts of Manly .

I sincerely hope that this is not the last season we'll see Toovey within the Maroon and White fold. He is this era's Arko, answering every call from the club for his time, energy and passion.

Some of his (past) playing group may have forgotten what he's done in the past in our colours, but we won't...ever.

Somebody recently said, '...there's two sides to every story.' Well, I've worked it out. Toovey was one of the most courageous players to ever lace up a boot, while he alternatively bleed as much for us off the field.

Certainly one of the best within our pantheon of Club Greats.

Well I have one very special thing about Tooves and what he did for my late mother. I have said it on here before,I wont go through it again,but it proved to me what a great guy,legend and champion bloke he is and always will be in my eye,s. Tooves,you are an absolute LEGEND,and that is the way I will always remember you

Last edited:
Great message from the Football Club and agree 100%.
very sad.

16132801.jpg

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Board

Statement on Geoff Toovey

It’s a sad day when an icon of our great Club - which next year celebrates its 70th year in the competition - is told he is unwanted as the Coach despite being under contract until the end of 2016.

It is bewildering to anyone who follows the game that a Coach who during his tenure has taken his team to every final, including a Grand Final, and currently sits just two wins outside the top eight should be treated in this manner.

His position as Coach was undermined even before the Season began and continued relentlessly throughout the entire 2015 season. He has not been treated with the respect he has earned and deserves.

Geoff Toovey is a Life Member of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club.

His service and loyalty to our Club, including his time as Coach, speaks for itself.

As a player:

• · 286 first grade games, 1988-2001
  • · Club Captain, 1993-2001
  • · Clive Churchill medal winner, 1996
  • · Australian Captain, 1996
  • · NSW State of Origin representative, 1990-2000
As Coach:

• · 2012 – Preliminary Final
  • · 2013 – Grand Final
  • · 2014 – Semi Final
Despite today’s announcement, Geoff Toovey will always remain an icon of our Club.

Your board members:

Bob Stevenson

Bob Reilly

Cliff Lyons

Mal Cochrane

Darrell Williams

Chris Jones

Steve Sapsford

GO MANLY!

very sad.

16132801.jpg

It’s a sad day when an icon of our great Club - which next year celebrates its 70th year in the competition - is told he is unwanted as the Coach despite being under contract until the end of 2016.

It is bewildering to anyone who follows the game that a Coach who during his tenure has taken his team to every final, including a Grand Final, and currently sits just two wins outside the top eight should be treated in this manner.

His position as Coach was undermined even before the Season began and continued relentlessly throughout the entire 2015 season. He has not been treated with the respect he has earned and deserves.

Geoff Toovey is a Life Member of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club.

His service and loyalty to our Club, including his time as Coach, speaks for itself.

As a player:

As Coach:

• · 2013 – Grand Final
  • · 2014 – Semi Final
Despite today’s announcement, Geoff Toovey will always remain an icon of our Club.

Your board members:

Bob Stevenson

Bob Reilly

Cliff Lyons

Mal Cochrane

Darrell Williams

Chris Jones

Steve Sapsford

GO MANLY!
I am so very glad to read this. Go Manly!!!

I remember a game against the red hot raiders in the early 90s meninga ran the ball blindside along the touch line and smack bang into tooves . A copy book front on tackle with awesome leg drive drove the big unit into touch. I'll never forget it and we went on to win the game convincingly. You are a god dam legend Mr toovey.

Yes Tooves always put the Club first. I am sure he eats, sleeps, breathes MMWSE.
Notable highlights exemplifying this passion were his ,'Investigation' Presser, and his "but what about the Manly fans' retort on 360.
A courageous guy who may yet get another coaching opportunity, via a bee the Kangaroos.
One thing is certain : he always gave his best.

Thank you Geoff for everything you've ever done for the club as a player and official. I sincerely hope that you continue to be a successful part of the club's future and wish you well with life beyond 2015.

Last edited:
Thanks Tooves. Absolute Manly legend of the highest order. Being shafted by the club you've loyally served for almost 30 years must hurt.
F%#k you Penn.
F#%k you Zorba
F#%k you Kelly
I'll always cheer manly and hope they win every time they play. I hope Trent Barrett is a successful coach at Manly.
However, I won't be renewing my membership and be giving my $ to the Penn family. I will buy my merchandise from Peter Wynn's or Rebel Sport instead of the Penns outlet store. The less money we contribute, the deeper into their pockets the Penns have to dig. It's the only fair way if they want to run the club their way. It's not our job as Manly fans to line Penn's pockets.
And I couldn't care less if I'm not being a 'true supporter' in anyone else's opinion.
I'll Always be a Manly fan, but a Penn member no more. The Penns aren't Manly. They are as far from being Manly as your can possibly get.
I hope tooves coaches another NRL team to a premership win.

Last edited:
very sad.

16132801.jpg

As a player:

As Coach:

• · 2013 – Grand Final
  • · 2014 – Semi Final

Your board members:

Bob Stevenson

Bob Reilly

Cliff Lyons

Mal Cochrane

Darrell Williams

Chris Jones

Steve Sapsford

GO MANLY!

Reading that enlightens me on the football club a bit. Some great names on that list and I'm glad to hear these blokes stick up for Tooves.

One of us
No better way to say it
Tooves was always willing to sign autographs for my kids when he was a player and as a coach he was fantastic with my daughter and her twins after the game in Albury, he was always generous with his time and always a complete gentleman, he holds a special place in the hearts of my family, the way he has carried himself through all the adversity of this season only deepens the respect we have for him, the Penns and those who have supported the disgusting treatment metered out to Tooves can all go f**k themselves, it will be a long time before I spend a cent on merchandise or anything that might make a buck for these bastards.

Physically he might be the smallest coach going around but mentally he is 10 foot tall dwarfing those around him by way of resilience, integrity and above all mental toughness. Thank you Geoff for the 28 years of dedication, passion and loyalty you have shown to the MWSE and fans alike.

I was there the day you made your first grade appearance against the poms, the 1995 - 97 grand finals, the lows of the super league wars and that that followed through to the 10 years of success this club has enjoyed since it's rebuild from the rubble of the Northern Eagles.

All the best in your future endeavors, whether it be a position within the club or another and above all THANK YOU.

Sideline Eye

I remember a game against the red hot raiders in the early 90s meninga ran the ball blindside along the touch line and smack bang into tooves . A copy book front on tackle with awesome leg drive drove the big unit into touch. I'll never forget it and we went on to win the game convincingly. You are a god dam legend Mr toovey.
wow my dad's always talking about that exact story

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8