The 11 - 1 penalty even up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting @KOMORI that you draw attention to the refs confusion in the News Corp vs News Corp game o_O
It was actually a reasonably good game: sans the idiot intervention the game flowed. Storm were missing Cronk and could not break the Dinkey's line even with repeated sets. It's funny how a game of footy breaks out when they put their whistles away..

I agree with this post, however some of the players we have are simply doing stupid things at stupid times. Tom Symonds holding back Barba was pure laziness/tiredness and there were countless other moments where we messed around with players instead of just getting off them. I reckon for some reason this year we are a really unfit side. This is surprising considering Donny Singe is the master when it comes to fitness. I hold him up there with God in this role, however I wonder if he changed something this pre season in regards to fitness? He may have been trying to improve it but it might not have worked and it may have had an effect on our fundamental fitness. Because we don't seem to have that next gear, and we often get caught giving away cheap penalties when we are under the pump, We are also extremely slow off the line compared to previous years. And we have had more injuries than ever before. We are a target for these useless ref's and our players need to smarten up. I wasn't too happy with todays win as I feel we should have put the cleaners through Cronulla and we haven't turned the corner as we still gave sharks plenty of possession, a better team would have swung it back and we could have lost. Maybe the Injuries aren't helping with guys not being able to train and then going into the game underdone.

Last edited:
Why does possession ALWAYS even up? If team (A) drops the ball for their first three sets in possession on the first tackle, team (B) should effectively remain 3 sets "ahead"
In the possession stakes (assuming ceterus parabus of course).

Only part of your post I have to change is your spelling of 'ceteris paribus.'

Get it? The only part I changed is the Latin phrase meaning things staying the same!!

woo hoo hoo hoo hee hee haa haa haaaaaaar cackle. :rofl:
:rofl:@:D@:D:giggle:@:):speechless:@:rolleyes:@:(

The only thing that suprised me about the refs was that they didnt give us 3-4 penalties in the last two minutes of the match to "even " the count up.

It was all too predictable when the Sharks got the run of penalties to get back into the game before halftime.

Only part of your post I have to change is your spelling of 'ceteris paribus.'

Get it? The only part I changed is the Latin phrase meaning things staying the same!!

woo hoo hoo hoo hee hee haa haa haaaaaaar cackle. :rofl:
:rofl:@:D@:D:giggle:@:):speechless:@:rolleyes:@:(
I saw a bloke recently with "carpe deum" on his arm. I think he meant "diem" as in seize the day, rather than deum which kinda means god, but not quite.

Inconsistency is the word with these referees. They try to even up the game and think they better give one for something or they'll look like a parking officer who comes back with an empty book.
Most have never played the game and pick out a pet hate for the week.
Is it markers not straight or hand on the ball etc.
With all the paper talk about 10 metres before the last State of Origin game ....you knew what was going to happen.....
More ten metre penalties in that game then the last fifty!!
Does that mean no one has been offside in all previous games.

Like that clown Josh Reynolds being a mile off side last year as DCE went for field goal. Touchy even called him offside to the imbecile referee who took no notice.
That's why people won't come to the game.
What are the refs going to penalise this Wednesday. If they don't stick to offside as last game it will be a joke. But isn't it anyway in every game?

What about that pass off the ground from the Cronulla player .....dead set penalty and ref was right in front of it.
One was given the other night for same thing.
This walking off the mark is another blatant ploy by players particularly Souths and Inglis, then a penalty comes for the marker interference after he has been waked into.
Watch Souths next time.....is coached play.

Three things from yesterday match:
1. Why did we position a front rower at 5/8 from a scrum win 15-metres from the Cronulla tryline (who then lost the ball)? Are RL players that dumb? Or overcoached? Or simply robots? Why are forwards in the backline in the first place?
2. Why isn't there more short kick-offs?
3. Why don't 'forwards' push in the scrum? I saw it in our under 20's match, which was something different. Do forwards practice scrums at training? Serious question.

Games should be close so RATINGS stay high IMHO.

The odd upset is also good for RATINGS as well IMHO.

Fox and nine are selling a visual product and are trying to make money out of it. So therefore a close game where every fan thinks their team can win is a good game.

Are the games fixed? I don't think so.

Are the referees biased? They grew up following the likes of Parramatta, Wests, et al. They hated Manly so ... subconsciously, maybe.

It has always been good for everyone to love the Rabbits and to hate Manly. Good for the games and good for TV.

Three things from yesterday match:
1. Why did we position a front rower at 5/8 from a scrum win 15-metres from the Cronulla tryline (who then lost the ball)? Are RL players that dumb? Or overcoached? Or simply robots? Why are forwards in the backline in the first place?
2. Why isn't there more short kick-offs?
3. Why don't 'forwards' push in the scrum? I saw it in our under 20's match, which was something different. Do forwards practice scrums at training? Serious question.

1. My guess is to draw in defenders opening up the fringes on the next play.
2. Not sure, with the kicking tees these days you could easily kick it high enough to contest 25-30m out thus nruducing the risk
3. Contested scrums got the ass 30 years ago due to too many penalties

1. My guess is to draw in defenders opening up the fringes on the next play.
2. Not sure, with the kicking tees these days you could easily kick it high enough to contest 25-30m out thus nruducing the risk
3. Contested scrums got the ass 30 years ago due to too many penalties
I acknowledge your points, however:
1. The scrums is the one opportunity backs have to combine and use their skill. Why would you take this attacking option away with a die-with-the-ball forward to "set up" something? It's already set up!
3. The NRL must bring back the option for scrums to push. I don;t care if the ball doesn't go in straight, but it is sickening to see backs 'packing into' scrums and forwards playing in the backline. If they let a team push - which I don;t think is illegal - then it would force forwards to pack down, bind securely, and guard against being pushed off the ball. Then you would be able to revert to my point No. 1.

I agree with this post, however some of the players we have are simply doing stupid things at stupid times. Tom Symonds holding back Barba was pure laziness/tiredness and there were countless other moments where we messed around with players instead of just getting off them. I reckon for some reason this year we are a really unfit side. This is surprising considering Donny Singe is the master when it comes to fitness. I hold him up there with God in this role, however I wonder if he changed something this pre season in regards to fitness? He may have been trying to improve it but it might not have worked and it may have had an effect on our fundamental fitness. Because we don't seem to have that next gear, and we often get caught giving away cheap penalties when we are under the pump, We are also extremely slow off the line compared to previous years. And we have had more injuries than ever before. We are a target for these useless ref's and our players need to smarten up. I wasn't too happy with todays win as I feel we should have put the cleaners through Cronulla and we haven't turned the corner as we still gave sharks plenty of possession, a better team would have swung it back and we could have lost. Maybe the Injuries aren't helping with guys not being able to train and then going into the game underdone.
You are right about our indiscipline when we defend. Too many penalties given up and the better teams punish us.

Our halves must take more control and lock up games better.

It was as predictable as night after day. The game has been fuked like this ever since Mr Corporate Cocksmoker Greenturd came into the job.

This is surprising considering Donny Singe is the master when it comes to fitness. I hold him up there with God in this role, however I wonder if he changed something this pre season in regards to fitness?...
Bring back the calve's blood?

It was as predictable as night after day. The game has been fuked like this ever since Mr Corporate Cocksmoker Greenturd came into the job.
The Tigpies were stitched up even worse last night with something like eight of the nine last penalties going to Doesn'tmatta. It was cruel, as the Tigpies were the better team when they had the ball.
Not only are penalties lopsided there are far too many. Most are for nit-picking issues that don;t affect the play, yet the consequences are massive. If refs are going to give so many penalties then they have to have the 'short-arm union-type penalties' of tap-and-go, without the benefit of being able to kick for line. We've been saying this for several seasons, but the numbskulls at the NRL either don;t care about fairness or are corrupt.

Personally I don't think that any of the current NRL refs can hold a candle to the likes of Billy Harrigan, Mick Stone, Greg McCallum and Graham Annesley. Hell, even refs like Tim Mander and Steve Clark make today's refs look incompetent at best.

Sunday's effort by Klien was a disgrace really. Manly weren't playing all that well yet we still put 28 points on the Sharks. If not for Klien's square up penalties that kept on giving possession back to them we could have easily won by another 20. Yes he got some things right, but even though I'm probably seen as biased to Manly, a lot of what he penalised out there smelled distinctly like he was deliberately trying to keep the scores closer than they needed to be. Whether that is the influence of the television broadcaster (in this case Nein) or not I'm not sure, but it sure does smell like it.

The problem I have with thinking harrigan was tops...is that he has publicly stated that he went into games with pre conceived bias against those he thought were serial offenders,

Therefore he never judged those calls on its merits...it always went against the 'offender' in his eyes. choc was a regular recipient of this b/s line of thinking.

I just want a ref to let the game flow. Use their common sense. If a minor incident doesn't affect the play then let it go, and try to give a warning on the run to the player.
There must be a 5-minute sin-bin introduced to give refs more options. Use this for repeat offenders - and pests.
Get back to one ref. There can only be one boss.
Issue refs with a whistle that runs out if it is blown too much!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4