The 2009 Season where to from here??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Des suspected Brett had committed a serious offence, is it likely he would've been at the board meeting thumping the table demanding he should play? I know a good coach will stand by his players, but Des is a father and (I remember reading somewhere) very religious - surely he would not have been so passionate in his defence unless he knew Brett was innocent....

It may be a slow start with a few losses (so was last year by the way) but we'll be ok. Didn't the Bulldogs win the year of the Coffs Harbour incident??

Doesn't Hopp jnr play fullback? I'd rather he got a go this weekend, assuming Brett doesn't play.
It's a bit of a shock to have something like this happen so early in the season, but I'd rather it happen now rather than rnd 25. Hopefully Brett will be aquitted and then I don't think it will effect us much at all, if he is out for whatever reason it's a huge loss but I'm still oprimistic.

I can tell you for a fact that the parents of the girl involved were seen laughing and joking like they had won the lottery after Brett was taken to the cop shop on Friday night.  

Hmmm

Cletus link said:
Doesn't Hopp jnr play fullback? I'd rather he got a go this weekend, assuming Brett doesn't play.
It's a bit of a shock to have something like this happen so early in the season, but I'd rather it happen now rather than rnd 25. Hopefully Brett will be aquitted and then I don't think it will effect us much at all, if he is out for whatever reason it's a huge loss but I'm still oprimistic.

No way would Hoppa be ready for NRL. Maybe throw him on the wing, but a 16 year old kid would be crucified and his confidence shattered. I dont know that I would risk him this early

In the short term, someone is going to PAY for all that's happened, and that's going to be Canterbury!

I reckon these boys are going to be eating razor blades and pissing napalm, and I feel sorry for what is going to happen to the Dogs.

In the long term, in four months what is being said now will seem like it happened a year ago.

Again, if we have our "A" team on the field in September and October, we will be hard to beat.

[quote author=tookey link=topic=179524.msg210962#msg210962 date=1236745686]

I can tell you for a fact that the parents of the girl involved were seen laughing and joking like they had won the lottery after Brett was taken to the cop shop on Friday night.  

This sounds a lot closer to the truth than the allegations made against Brett. Isn't someone chasing the father for $10K
Tooks does your source live in the same complex? You said they will be part of his defence but do they have more to offer. I hope they spoke to the cops,if not they should.

Just heard on the news that they are saying someone at the boardmeeting last night was pissed, didn't catch the whole segment so not sure if they mentioned who.  Must be a slow news week.

Pearso link said:
Just heard on the news that they are saying someone at the boardmeeting last night was pissed, didn't catch the whole segment so not sure if they mentioned who.  Must be a slow news week.

That has been floating around the last few hours

Dan link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=179524.msg211055#msg211055 date=1236750777]

No way would Hoppa be ready for NRL. Maybe throw him on the wing, but a 16 year old kid would be crucified and his confidence shattered. I dont know that I would risk him this early
[/quote]

Agree. The injuries to Wolfman, Bani, and T-Rex couldn't have come at a worst time. We are thin on the ground for wingers. The upside is that one of them will only have to mark El Masri, which my grandmother could do.

Yeah you're probably right Dan, I'd I'd just rather some new blood at fullback rather than Robbo. I don't even now who else we've got for the wing if Bani and Williams are injured and the Koala got the heave ho last year. Maybe the other Williams but I didn't think much of him as a winger when he had to turn and chase.

I've just heard manly have put out the call to Ben Walker to play fullback, and they're offering him match payments for now.

In other related football related news the NRL has been awarded a coveted humanitarian award for dealing with issues in a fair and consistent way.

missing_something link said:
I've just heard manly have put out the call to Ben Walker to play fullback, and they're offering him match payments for now.

In other related football related news the NRL has been awarded a coveted humanitarian award for dealing with issues in a fair and consistent way.

Now that is funny.  Maybe they should ask Andrew Walker to comeback?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7