The Ashes 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Australia win

• Total voters
Hah I was aghast when I saw your post so quickly checked the score...
Maybe England's plan is for the remaining tests to be drawn so they win 1-0.

Closing in on 500 and Smith getting close to a double century. Overall Aussies well on top. Fingers crossed and time for bed.
---------
Fantastic - double ton and 505. Not since the 30's and the records continue to tumble. Now I can sleep but it looks like the accelerator pedal is about to get overworked.

Last edited:
woot!!!

566 declared and eng 3/29!

Make that 4 - 30!

:eek::)

Last edited:
Anything other than a win at lords in this position is a squandered opportunity.

Excellent fightback from the boys so far.

Bowling well this morning a few close misses and edges but nothing in the first half hour.

Stokes only seems to play well against Aus, just like any good Kiwi

Stokes played pretty well against us too. Always thought he was a bit over rated but he looks to have something about him

Circumstances have meant I haven't really seen any of this match, seems like a domination from toss onwards though

Been a bit quiet on it fellas ;)

Can't believe what I saw last night in that 1st session. To just hear Clarke on the radio solely blaming the pitch astounds me

Already had a debate with fluffy about it last night, sure the pitch was doing plenty but I didn't see anyone try and apply themselves a bit and show some technique. Knowing where your off stump is and soft hands is the key in those conditions and most were playing away from the body and pushing at the ball

Haven't seen England bat at all, did your bowlers not hit the right areas ? I'd assume there still would have been some movement all day

Last edited:
Just tragic.
The poms (quite rightfully) will dine out for years on this series.
The positive is we've unearthed a talent in "extras"...he should be the new opener.

they played junk. end of story.

at least a few people have taken some responsibility, unfortunately not many of them are out there with a bit of wood in their hands.

far more entertaining has been the rocks being thrown in the media this week, Warneys pray this morning was outstanding, might have been taken a bit more seriously if it wasn't well known he hated buchanans guts.

Some pretty woeful cricket shots played in that last test. I'm glad Clarke has made the sensible decision and pulled the pin, he looks out of his depth these days. How many goes is Sean Marsh going to get before it sinks in that he may just not have the mental game for Test Cricket ? Hopefully the Watson torture is now over for good. If we lose Buck Rogers to retirement as well than we'll be looking around for a few new faces this summer. Who is a lock at the moment ? Warner, Smith, and Nevill. So there are 4 spots up for grabs.

Losing Ryno before a ball was bowled really set us back. He would have been our leading wicket taker without a doubt, and he just bowls really well in those conditions. It was a similar story when Pigeon rolled his ankle in 2005. Really disappointing effort by our batsmen, which then puts pressure on our bowlers to chase wickets instead of being able to build pressure.

Who is in the wings ?? This is the Australia A team currently playing India A. Its a limited over tournament but will give some sort of indication

Australia A Team
SA Abbott, AC Agar, CJ Boyce, JA Burns, NM Coulter-Nile, AL Fekete, CJ Ferguson, PSP Handscomb, TM Head, UT Khawaja*, CA Lynn, JL Pattinson, GS Sandhu, MS Wade†, A Zampa

On the upside I got to see a day of test match cricket at Cardiff and Lords so at least while I was there we were still in with a sniff. Anyone with a love of cricket I urge you to put an Ashes Test at Lords on your bucket list.

What is this strange thing called cricket? I am not familiar with it. Lords would definitely be on my bucket list C&C! A Rugby match in Cardiff could be added. Then a Japan Cup would be another along with a Kentucky Derby :). Hanging glowing beads around the neck of a New Orlean's flasher might also make a list. Maybe the roar of a Silverstone GP. So many dreams....

Have been to Lords but only for a T20 match, was great to be at that ground though

Can't believe the way India folded like a deck of cards this afternoon ! We are playing in South Africa at the moment and it isn't being shown on TV so there is an uproar. We don't has much of a chance over there minus McCullum, Taylor, Anderson, Southee and Boult

Will be interesting to see what Australian side rolls out for the opening test of this summer

Strange Ashes series. I can only assume that England were still drunk from the 4th test victory.

P Siddy cleaned up. Mitchell Marsh back and went well with ball. Smith resumed normal transmission after some poor reception last tow games. Voges probably lives for another test now.

Farewell Buck, you lived the dream, never gave up and finally got there. Great way to finish your career, with a win and with some solid consistent scores. Little wonder he was our player of the series.

Farewell Pup. Sadly out of touch on this tour, and for the last 12 months to be honest. One gutsy century in that time in honour of Phil Hughes showed the mental strength he possesses. Still that golden 12 months of 2012 won't be forgotten in a hurry. Injury has dogged what could have been a more lucrative test aggregate and average.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4