The bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The impact coming off it at the moment in unbelievable

King was awesome coming off the bench tonight, seemed to make good metres every runs. Fa'aoso rips into everything week in week out and we know what we get from Joe.

When Glenn comes back and we add Symonds to that (he is a mile ahead of Buhrer and I like Horos work) there isn't a bench in the league to match it

Certainly looking very good. Have to agree the Buhrer is the weak link at the moment. Symonds runs better angles and looks more creative, was disappointed with his lack of game time tonight. Symonds and Horo will take the hard lines and hits to create space outside. I think our recruits have worked out better than anyone could have hoped.

Buhrer will lose his spot when Gift returns (barring injuries/suspensions).

I did not see that coming before the season began but Buhrer is the victim of all our recruits playing excellent football. Even if he was putting in solid performances his spot would still be under a cloud.

I am happy to be corrected but I can't recall a time in recent memory when we have had 4 new recruits in the starting 17 so early in the season.

Lussick, Mauro, Rose, T-Rex ??? Haven't missed a beat without any of these guys. That shows how good the bench is.

Chip and Chase said:
Certainly looking very good. Have to agree the Buhrer is the weak link at the moment. Symonds runs better angles and looks more creative, was disappointed with his lack of game time tonight. Symonds and Horo will take the hard lines and hits to create space outside. I think our recruits have worked out better than anyone could have hoped.

Hard not to be excited but a long season
Jamie will earn his keep and play a role just wshen it is needed
He tries to hard not to

manlyfan76 said:
You know where looking good when our 'worst player' didn't play too bad, tackled well and made 60 odd meters and dropped just a few balls.

And so say all of us
well said
Go manly

Buhrer stays in my side when Stewart comes back. Some of his runs tonight were pretty good. He has been close to getting through a couple of times in the last 2 weeks. He will get better in his role as the season goes on.

Buhrer will always be in the 17, it's a no-brainer. Cover for the most important spot in the team, dummy-half, plus cover for anything else. Plus he can just come on and take a turn as a grunt forward if nothing else.

With injuries , suspensions and rep games coming up there will likely be one player missing most weeks to keep Jamie in the top17. Whatever happens he will play a good number of 1st grade games this year to help him develop

With injuries , suspensions and rep games coming up there will likely be one player missing most weeks to keep Jamie in the top17. Whatever happens he will play a good number of 1st grade games this year to help him develop

We have one of the most agressive benches I can remember. All hit hard. Buhrer will probably shine more when Gift is back as he skirts wider and creates holes, where we are currently taking it up the middle. Tooves is in charge but I would like to see Richie getting more minutes ripping in (listed for 21 mins last night). I feel sorry for anyone heading in his direction or getting in his way.

wombatgc said:
Buhrer didn't do himself any favours tonight.:(

Agreed but he tackled t Rex every time he got the ball in the 2nd half, and protected cherry from him in defence. Tooves must have said I want you around his legs all half. He did 18 tackles with no misses. Buhrer was a bit off in his attack timing though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8