The Big Debate ... who owns the Middle.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You make a good point about the need for an alpha prop, and intimidation in general.
(Although Siro only played 1 game and a few on the bench, Jetski only 4 plus a couple on the bench, and pretty sure Waddell was long gone.)
Also Turbo didn't play at all like a halfback in '21. He was just a massive running threat out wide, and equally capable of denting or even busting them up the middle.
Tom took the ball to line in close-and out wide.
he gave us posession because we scored lots and got repeat sets. This suited our lumbering style pack as the blew the gatorade budget drinking in the shade.

in essence we got much of the benefits a game manager usually provides and our pack is good at that.

In both out semis we got dominated early but the pack gave us opportunity to get in the game And choices , not aggro or effort spoiled the party

, i must say ailoi, seems to have fallen down the alpha scale since he took a stance.

it becomes clearer daily our team was pissed from within so im not looking too hard at the season end.

our flamboyant low % style does not suit the pack we have and for seasons now it seems easier to play within a bit that axe 11 forwards and but 8 props and 8 tacking machines

you can lose a ball getting smashed, or getting a crap pass but chucking it away mid grind saps most teams and we are very guilty

the heads drop,

Our middle just my opinion,
Jake a great defender and plugs middle. Need alot more consistency out of Josh Aloiai he has ability, not sure rest of middles in keppie, sipley, paseka, Boyle are very similar in development.
Olakau'atu is top level talent and will continue to impress while tuilagi not sure on this one.
Zach fulton has mongrel which will feature off bench at times.
Ben Condon has a point to prove and is large unit while Bullemor I like see given shot up front.

Seems Ben Trbojevic is the forgotten man in this discussion yet he's played 14 matches with the side. The kid has been knocked about by injury yet what I've seen of him for one so young has been encouraging. Yet Zac Futon who is exactly the same age, 10 kgs lighter and having played exactly one first grade game is the man of the moment for some. I accept he's a good player and has tonnes of energy, but seems the expectations on Ben have been set rather high because of his brothers and anything less is deemed failure. Does he not deserve to be included in the Sea Eagles list of first grade forwards?

Seems Ben Trbojevic is the forgotten man in this discussion yet he's played 14 matches with the side. The kid has been knocked about by injury yet what I've seen of him for one so young has been encouraging. Yet Zac Futon who is exactly the same age, 10 kgs lighter and having played exactly one first grade game is the man of the moment for some. I accept he's a good player and has tonnes of energy, but seems the expectations on Ben have been set rather high because of his brothers and anything less is deemed failure. Does he not deserve to be included in the Sea Eagles list of first grade forwards?

My list or thread is about middle forwards only, not edge ... I only included Haumole because I see him as a possible lock ....

Does he not deserve to be included in the Sea Eagles list of first grade forwards?
I suspect Burbo can go as far in the game as he wants, will come down to his desire and long term commitment. Really could end up as an Isaia Yeo style lock forward if he has the will to do so.

I see Condon and Bullymore as middles. Ben T, Big O, Tuikagi and Zac Fulton as backrowers. There are a number of young bulls I hope stale a claim this year.

I suspect Burbo can go as far in the game as he wants, will come down to his desire and long term commitment. Really could end up as an Isaia Yeo style lock forward if he has the will to do so.
Desire is only part of the road to success and we can only go as far as our ability takes us

We al have had desired to play in our Legendary Manly colours but not all had the ability to succeed

but seems the expectations on Ben have been set rather high because of his brothers and anything less is deemed failure. Does he not deserve to be included in the Sea Eagles list of first grade forwards?
I do not believe that the expectations of Ben is set higher than other players because of his more dominant brothers

Our legendary clubs benchmark of excellence applies to all that represent our clubs high winning standards

I say it as I see it and I do not see any NRL quality in Burbo so far

My list or thread is about middle forwards only, not edge ... I only included Haumole because I see him as a possible lock ....
Haumole is a powerful beast and he could power his way in any position in the pack

Last edited:
Desire is only part of the road to success and we can only go as far as our ability takes us

We al have had desired to play in our Legendary Manly colours but not all had the ability to succeed

On reflection Bozo, I'm glad that I never had the skill or desire to play first grade RL. The elite walk away with enough to live out their later years in comfort, that is if they haven't had serious injuries which plague so many in later years. The middle tier probably don't make enough to depend upon after they retire and unless they've had the opportunity and foresight to establish themselves in another career, I suspect its a struggle in unskilled trades, minor coaching roles, a hope in being remembered by the club for support roles. Broken bodies, uncertain financial prospects,. The lucky ones get media jobs, but I wonder how many end up being involved in questionable activities to make a buck. No I'm glad I never had that opportunity.

On reflection Bozo, I'm glad that I never had the skill or desire to play first grade RL. The elite walk away with enough to live out their later years in comfort, that is if they haven't had serious injuries which plague so many in later years. The middle tier probably don't make enough to depend upon after they retire and unless they've had the opportunity and foresight to establish themselves in another career, I suspect its a struggle in unskilled trades, minor coaching roles, a hope in being remembered by the club for support roles. Broken bodies, uncertain financial prospects,. The lucky ones get media jobs, but I wonder how many end up being involved in questionable activities to make a buck. No I'm glad I never had that opportunity.
Your perception has merit and my perception is not about discrediting yours but giving another view

I would be willing to break my arm , my leg and both my testicles to wear the legendary Manly colours and run on to the field and glorify our club winning grand finals with my Manly Brothers

No pain , No Gain , No Glory

See the source image

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7